Films

2 "oldies" that I hadn't seen:

Montage of Heck. Documentary about Kurt Cobain with lots of home footage of him and Courtney. Really hard to watch at times as the 2 of them were fucking mental.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Not really into super hero stuff but was enjoyable.

Then a newbie. No hard feelings. Pretty funny and one really weird scene with Jennifer Lawrence completely naked beating up some folk

I saw Bull the other night, a gangster drama.

Knowing nothing about it, I expected a US drama, but its based in England.

A revenge movie, of the type everyone enjoys, it is pretty violent at times and the lead character actor does a chillingly effective job of appearing to be a psychopath.  Scottish actor David Hayman also does a good job of being a threatening gang boss, despite being well into his 70s.

Its pretty formulaic "getting them one after the other" stuff, but with a truly bizarre / unexpected / genre busting twist at the end.  Nae tits, perhaps surprisingly for an underworld film.  Tamzin Outhwaite is in it (past her best but you'd still give her a go!)

The violence produced a few cringes from me: I can tolerate soldiers gunning each other down all day, but im flightly around violence involving large knives (im a rubbish weegie).

Gripping enough, but the twist left me thinking WTF!?  7/10.

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I saw Bull the other night, a gangster drama.

Knowing nothing about it, I expected a US drama, but its based in England.

A revenge movie, of the type everyone enjoys, it is pretty violent at times and the lead character actor does a chillingly effective job of appearing to be a psychopath.  Scottish actor David Hayman also does a good job of being a threatening gang boss, despite being well into his 70s.

Its pretty formulaic "getting them one after the other" stuff, but with a truly bizarre / unexpected / genre busting twist at the end.  Nae tits, perhaps surprisingly for an underworld film.  Tamzin Outhwaite is in it (past her best but you'd still give her a go!)

The violence produced a few cringes from me: I can tolerate soldiers gunning each other down all day, but im flightly around violence involving large knives (im a rubbish weegie).

Gripping enough, but the twist left me thinking WTF!?  7/10.

Without the twist it's probably a 4/10. But even the twist wasn't that great

On 8/27/2023 at 7:11 PM, Daisy1903 said:

Without the twist it's probably a 4/10. But even the twist wasn't that great

I was the other way. Was enjoying it till half way then started to cotton on to the potential "twist". Spent the last half of the film thinking oh god please don't - but they did. Think I said at the time something like they blew up their own movie.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:34 AM, zeroisgod76 said:

Watched this weekend.... worth watching for that one scene alone.

It's a pretty odd scene isn't it and not very flattering, which is an odd thing to say about Jennifer Lawrence in the nip.

Been watching all the Indiana Jones films in order. Had never seen Crystal Skull, but by God it's a heap of shite. How does that Shia LeBouef get work?

3 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

It's a pretty odd scene isn't it and not very flattering, which is an odd thing to say about Jennifer Lawrence in the nip.

Been watching all the Indiana Jones films in order. Had never seen Crystal Skull, but by God it's a heap of shite. How does that Shia LeBouef get work?

Aye it’s bizarre, was convinced it was a body double or CGI but nope actually her.

I’ve only seen Crystal Skull once and that was enough. Hoping the new one is better.

Read about this film recently and thought it was on here but gone back through last few pages and can't see any mention of it. Marionette (also known as Repression) on Amazon Freevee. Woman moves from upstate New York to Scotland because she 'loves the rain' to take up a job as a child psychologist and meets this fucked up kid that can make things happen by imagining them. Not the most incredible movie but entirely filmed in Aberdeen and the Shire. Lots of scenes in town, down by the beach, at the harbour, Woodend hospital... the main filming location is Blairs museum but also scenes filmed  at Portsoy and out Deeside way. Worth a watch to see how many places you can recognise.

9 hours ago, tutankamun said:

Agreed. Schindlers, despite being b&w, long and depressing, like Jaws, I could watch it any day of the week.

Although I prefer the first Terminator.

Watched that Arnie documentary and he mentioned they wanted OJ Simpson for the role of the Terminator but no one believed he could be a ruthless killing machine...

Also, they had concerns about Arnie's ability to speak. So they only gave him about 60 words to say in the entire first film

• Haha 1