Films

Bale is rank rotten actor though. He is absolutely BALLS as batman. His batman voice just sounds like hes trying too hard to sound gruff. Keaton IMO is still the best Batman.

Bizarre comment. Are you fishing?

I haven't seen the latest Batman, but Bale was outstanding as Batman last time around.

In my opinion, Bale is the best actor in holywood right now, closely followed by Edward Norton. His performance in American Psycho was utterly outstanding... a film that doesn't, in my opinion, receive the credit it deserves - probably because most can't see past the excessive gore and violence. 3:10 to Yuma is another film worth checking out... with Bale putting in another very convincing performance.

I haven't seen the latest Batman, but Bale was outstanding as Batman last time around.

In my opinion, Bale is the best actor in holywood right now, closely followed by Edward Norton. His performance in American Psycho was utterly outstanding... a film that doesn't, in my opinion, receive the credit it deserves - probably because most can't see past the excessive gore and violence. 3:10 to Yuma is another film worth checking out... with Bale putting in another very convincing performance.

Exactly my point!

The Machinist, if you haven't seen it get it out now. He's basically the only one in it and hes brilliant, method acting to the extreme.

The Prestige, carries the film.

Equilibrium, again he's excellent in.

frigg it lets bring up, Empire of the Sun.

Exactly my point!

The Machinist, if you haven't seen it get it out now. He's basically the only one in it and hes brilliant, method acting to the extreme.

The Prestige, carries the film.

Equilibrium, again he's excellent in.

frigg it lets bring up, Empire of the Sun.

Is Empire of the Sun good? I've wanted to see it for years but never got round to buying it. Agreed with the opinion on Bale though, best actor around just now and he's going to be John Conner in the new Terminator film, can't wait.

The Dark Knight is brilliant though, shame I watched in the Belmont, had some kid in front that kept sticking his head in the way and the place was like an inferno, everyone came out ringing of sweat. Ledger was the star though, surely he'll win a oscar for that. Someone asked if a Batman film could win an oscar, well didn't Nicholson win one when he played the Joker?

The film kind of contradicts the others though. The new ones are prequels so the Joker had to stay alive because he was in the original yet 2 Face dies in the new one but he is in one of the other films.

Anyway watch No Country For Old Men last night, really good film. The psycho guy is really entertaining. Bit of a disappointing ending IMO.

another convert, tell me Sonoftherock, do you like Phil Collins?

you obviously havent seen American Psycho

Ahh! Yeah but quite a few years ago now, would have been when it first hit the video shops (so what 6 or 7 years ago), now you've made the connection it sort of makes sense in the back of my mind somewhere. Thought you were arguing a case against liking Bale, apologies. Good argument to dig a copy out I suppose.

american psycho is a very good film, ill give you that. Ill probably get done for this but i also like him in Reign of Fire. Equilibrium, i suppose he played that character well. He did well for this Batman film as the playboy bruce wayne. Arriving on the helicopter with the 3 girls late to his own party did look very cool. Then the way he rattled off the speech was impressive.

However...in the batman suit, I think you lose alot of what Bale offers as an actor. Theres something about the way he has his hair, the eyebrows and the cheekbones. Its as if his performance starts there. In the batsuit though all of that is hidden and all you have is a voice akin to that of a 40 year smoker. I kept waiting for him to cough from trying too hard.

Just rented Vantage Point. Excellent film. Repeats get a bit tedious after a while, but it is original and I like the way each repeat develops the story. Forrest Whitaker is excellent. Really liking this guy after seeing The Last King of Scotland. An absolutely fantastic performance.

Just rented Vantage Point. Excellent film. Repeats get a bit tedious after a while, but it is original and I like the way each repeat develops the story. Forrest Whitaker is excellent. Really liking this guy after seeing The Last King of Scotland. An absolutely fantastic performance.

Wasn't that impressed with Vantage Point, went to the cinema to see it when it came out and just got sick of seeing the same thing over and over. Also if I remember correctly Forrest Whitaker turns into an olympic athlete, he seems to run for miles at full pelt.

Watched half of There Will Be Blood last night, will watch the second half tonight. Seems ok, a little slow so far. Day-Lewis is beginning to turn into a bit of a badass now though, just beat up the freaky church boy.

• 4 months later...

watched 21, amazing grace and the hurricane over the weekend

21 wasnt the worst i've seen but not the best. worth a watch.

amazing grace is the true story about the guy that managed to slavery abolished in the uk after years of fighting it. well worth a watch and i think its currently showing on sky.

the hurricane was magic, denzel washington plays ruben carter, a boxer wrongly improsened for murder. true story. i've watched it a few times now but still enjoy it

Went to see Changeling last night. Woah that was a heavy film. Thought it was superb but was one of those that left you feeling a bit odd and in need of a laugh or two. I'd recommend :hysterical:

Wife took me in to see that a couple of weeks ago. I thought it would be cack, however I enjoyed it. I spent almost the last hour of the film reminding myself that this was based on a true story. It's beyond belief on more than one count. I also recommend. :)

Also watched that Napoleon Dynamite, one of the worst films i've ever seen, just horrendous, can't understand the cult following.

I bought this movie a couple of years ago, after listening to my friends wank themselves off over how good it was....

Big disappointment, it was quirky and quite funny in parts, but like yourself, I was expecting to be blown away by an Anchorman-esque work of genius. However, one of my friends was saying to appreciate it fully, it helps if you've visited or have some knowledge about the Oregon/Great Plains area of America... the film is apparently a fantastic parody of the weird type of characters you'll commonly encounter out that way.

I bought this movie a couple of years ago, after listening to my friends wank themselves off over how good it was....

Big disappointment, it was quirky and quite funny in parts, but like yourself, I was expecting to be blown away by an Anchorman-esque work of genius. However, one of my friends was saying to appreciate it fully, it helps if you've visited or have some knowledge about the Oregon/Great Plains area of America... the film is apparently a fantastic parody of the weird type of characters you'll commonly encounter out that way.

Watched it once, thought it was terrible. Watched it a second time (on my mates advice, he did the same) and every time since i've been in tears laughing at it. "Would you like a roundhouse kick from a guy wearing these pants?"

Watched it once, thought it was terrible. Watched it a second time (on my mates advice, he did the same) and every time since i've been in tears laughing at it. "Would you like a roundhouse kick from a guy wearing these pants?"

Same first time I was like, what? Second time I was in nots, when he's feeding the Lama is amazing.