1903don

Well Done Aberdeen Dont Give Into The Old Firm

Stand strong Aberdeen dont give into the b*stards! Well done on not backing down just dont go and change your minds!

Also we should sue the Daily Mail for printing absoloute tripe!

Stand strong Aberdeen dont give into the b*stards! Well done on not backing down just dont go and change your minds!

i thought it was the sunday mail an di thoght a decision hadn't been made

Guest Donforlife

abolutely correct.

massive egg on faces and tails between their legs those who publicly slaughtered AFC without knowing the facts.

hang your heads in shame

Guest LondonScottish
Yup the only people who end up paying are the Old Firm fans and part timers who only go to Old Firm games

Exactly, and Aberdeen get 5% off the OF for tAberdeen away tickets. Good work AFC.

Reasonable & fair solution reached by Duncan Fraser & AFC. Well done!

Now to get the Sunday Mail to write a public apology for their shoddy 'journalism'.

I think away teams should get to keep the money away fans bring anyway tbh. Would stop all this nonsense.

abolutely correct.

massive egg on faces and tails between their legs those who publicly slaughtered AFC without knowing the facts.

hang your heads in shame

Who's to say the so called 'public slaughtering' never influenced their descision?

At least they knew where the fans stood on the issue and have since quicky come to the same conclusion that has been touted on here and other messageboards. :)

We'll never know.

I think you should climb down off your high horse either way.

A tremndous bit of work, tied in witha refund enticement for future Aberdeen games. Well done AFC!

OLD Firm fans will have to pay more to watch games at Pittodrie

So the already ridiculously high prices at Parkhead and Ibrox will inevitably go up too...superb...the only losers here are the fans, fkn joke the whole thing tbh. :nono:

So glad Aberdeen FC have done the right thing here. I hope to god that it lets some folk on here learn to try not be negative tossers about everything connected with the club , before they even know the facts.

So glad Aberdeen FC have done the right thing here. I hope to god that it lets some folk on here learn to try not be negative tossers about everything connected with the club , before they even know the facts.

get aff yer high horse

Don't think im on my high horse mate. It is just a fact that many on here engage the moaning part of their brain before they know what is going on. Its quite tiring seeing it.

Anyways, main point is that Aberdeen haven't backed down.

Raising the prices to pay for it is a total own goal imo. You should have simply refused to pay it. Getting the 5% at Ibrox and Parkhead is a good move if that is actually true have my doubts the old firm would accept that, although in reality they would never be able to refuse the deal as its the same principals. However it still leaves you out of pocket.

Ultimatley your club is still handing over its money to the filth. I'm sure all fans in Scotland would rather pay their own club

Raising the prices to pay for it is a total own goal imo. You should have simply refused to pay it. Getting the 5% at Ibrox and Parkhead is a good move if that is actually true have my doubts the old firm would accept that, although in reality they would never be able to refuse the deal as its the same principals. However it still leaves you out of pocket.

Ultimatley your club is still handing over its money to the filth. I'm sure all fans in Scotland would rather pay their own club

However it still leaves you out of pocket.

How do you figure this out?

We won't be losing any money from OF fans coming to Pittodrie. We'll be making an extra quid a ticket from a couple of thousand people who won't use the rebate on offer. And we'll be getting 5% from the OF.

Using very rough guesstimates, I reckon we'll be better off by around

Fecking brill! A stonker of a move by AFC. I would have loved to tell the scum the news.

Excellent, and the club will get an e-mail saying so!!

Getting the 5% at Ibrox and Parkhead is a good move if that is actually true have my doubts the old firm would accept that

It has been accepted by them.

Ultimatley your club is still handing over its money to the filth.
:confused:

No it is not. The OF fans are paying for it....and those who don't cash in their voucher over the next 2 home matches. Fine by me.

The whole thing is a mess the old firm have won and the fans have lost.

:nono:

I see one clear winner here. AFC.

Basically shifting the 5% onto Rangers own fans who will berate their own club for it. At the same time we are not having the hassle of selling the tickets ourselves. Also making money out of the 5% of tickets we sell at Ibrox and Parkhead. How can that be viewed as an own goal?

Because your club has earned that money!! If Rangers/Celtic and your fans are willing to pay the extra money to watch the game thats up to them. But when the money is counted it should all be yours not anyone elses. What happens when they want 7% next season. Your prices are now being determined by another club.

Also say Rangers and Celtic bring 2000+ bigots to Pittodrie and you send down the usual 900 everyone gets at Ibrox they are still making more money out of this deal than you.

5% of 2000+ is more than 5% of 900. Out of pocket before you start on that one.

On the point of the Rangers/Celtic fans. Believe me the regular away fans are a hell of a lot more angry about the way we dished out the tickets than they will be at paying

Who's to say the so called 'public slaughtering' never influenced their descision?

At least they knew where the fans stood on the issue and have since quicky come to the same conclusion that has been touted on here and other messageboards. :nono:

We'll never know.

I think you should climb down off your high horse either way.

If I was being really cynical I would suggest that the club floated the idea of giving in via a friendly journalist so they could gauge the reaction. If so, good for them for taking on board that reaction.

However, I think the fact that so many folk (including me I must admit) immediately assumed the story was true says a lot about the current board's relationship with the fans. Something I hope the club will take on board regardless of the good outcome to this specific dispute, and use it as a starting point to improve this.