Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

did the golden boy get beat then??

was khan spoon fed another fighter?

Yeah he looked so skinny, Pacman was excellent, ODLH was poor, the end to a brilliant career, still one of the best boxers in the last 2 decades.

The khan fight was a shambles, the guys a joke.

Audley Harrison is a joke. Enough said.

Khan was spoon-fed another journeyman. As soon as he comes up against another top fighter in their prime, he will fold again. Vastly over-rated boxer.

Froch did well, but I'm alarmed at how bad his guard/defence is. He's going to be in trouble if his dream fight against Calzaghe DOES come off.

As for Hatton, much as I admire the guy's heart, he's an accident waiting to happen. His years of reckless self-endangerment (i.e. years of boozing and junk food) are catching up on him and I think Pacquaio will beat him, as will Mayweather if he does get that re-match.

Audley Harrison is a joke. Enough said.

Khan was spoon-fed another journeyman. As soon as he comes up against another top fighter in their prime, he will fold again. Vastly over-rated boxer.

Froch did well, but I'm alarmed at how bad his guard/defence is. He's going to be in trouble if his dream fight against Calzaghe DOES come off.

As for Hatton, much as I admire the guy's heart, he's an accident waiting to happen. His years of reckless self-endangerment (i.e. years of boozing and junk food) are catching up on him and I think Pacquaio will beat him, as will Mayweather if he does get that re-match.

Froch has a granite chin though. I also think pacman would beat Hatton but would love to go and see it.

khan signed a 20 fight box office deal and got knocked out in his first fight, absolute certainty he was getting spoon fed for this fight and i think this will continue for the forseeable until his "reputation" has been restored. Cash cow at the moment for punters

khan signed a 20 fight box office deal and got knocked out in his first fight, absolute certainty he was getting spoon fed for this fight and i think this will continue for the forseeable until his "reputation" has been restored. Cash cow at the moment for punters

the only reputation that he will restore is the one that he's always had.

spoon fed sh*t fighters

Frank Warren agreed a 20 fight contract with Sky Sports . But that does not mean they will all be box office.

Unless he is undercarding a World title fight like last night he will be screened of standard Sky Sports.

Was an awesome fight. Best fight i've seen in a long time, two guys just punching frigg out of each other. Think he'd really struggle against Calzaghe though.

Calzaghe has too much class for him.

Amir Khan is rubbish eh

That must be why Freddie Roach, the worlds No.1 boxing trainer, trainer of Steve Collins, James Toney, Mike Tyson, Manny Pacquiao, Oscar De La Hoya, Wladimir Klitschko and Bernard Hopkins, has taken him on. Because he is rubbish.

please people dont embarrass yourselves.

Amir Khan is rubbish eh

That must be why Freddie Roach, the worlds No.1 boxing trainer, trainer of Steve Collins, James Toney, Mike Tyson, Manny Pacquiao, Oscar De La Hoya, Wladimir Klitschko and Bernard Hopkins, has taken him on. Because he is rubbish.

please people dont embarrass yourselves.

He isn't rubbish. Just overrated and has a chin made of lego blocks.

but he is not over-rated

he is quite rightly viewed as one of the best prospects in world boxing

he was an amateur legend, one of the best

now he has been knocked out once, by a haymaker, caught cold.

Bredis Prescott will get knocked out if there is a re-match.

the guy is just naive, and lacking ringcraft.

partly because he is so good, he never gets hit, and never been troubled very often. He is not ricky hatton, human punchbag. He is not a street fighter. He is a boxer.

He needs more fights like gomez, who tested him in a war. Khan beat him up, after taking a lot of big shots. He got off the floor and won. Did the same against Limond. Showed a lot of heart if you ask me.

Analogy to Lennox Lewis, when he got knocked clean out, twice, and everyone said he was chinny. Lennox had an iron chin, and is now recognised as one of the greatest ever. anyone who knows boxing knows that anyone can get knocked out. Most fighters are knocked out at some point in their career.

Fair enough, Khan is no Sugar Ray, he is not the full package. But he will toughen up, and he might never get tagged like that again. Hes not got a Hagler like toughness, but he does have immense boxing ability, and a good physique.

As for being spoon fed, what is he supposed to do? He is working his way up, you expect him to fight top 10 fighters every second month?

Jesus, you have taken in the Warren hype!!!

Limond and Gomez are blown up featherweights and have no power.

If Khan is a top 10 fighter in the UK he should fight for the British Title, then he will be in the top ten of Euro ranks and fight for the EBU then he should fight for a WBC etc.

To be honest any of the decent fighters would destory Khan. Imagine Pacman versus Khan, i'd love to see it.

I really hope your not fishing haha!!

I don't really like Khan, he boxed a gym teacher tonight who was 5 foot 6 and khan is 5 foot 10, khan had 6 inches more reach than him, it was never going to happen, the boy fagen is a journeyman, Khan is fast and a good finisher but against a good puncher he is useless as has been shown.

Looking forward to seeing de La hoya v Pacqiuoa later, my prediction is pacman will knock him out, against all the odds.

Would like to direct every one to my post before the fight, what a boy I am.

but he is not over-rated

partly because he is so good, he never gets hit, and never been troubled very often. He is not ricky hatton, human punchbag. He is not a street fighter. He is a boxer.

He needs more fights like gomez, who tested him in a war. Khan beat him up, after taking a lot of big shots. He got off the floor and won. Did the same against Limond. Showed a lot of heart if you ask me.

Analogy to Lennox Lewis, when he got knocked clean out, twice, and everyone said he was chinny. Lennox had an iron chin, and is now recognised as one of the greatest ever. anyone who knows boxing knows that anyone can get knocked out. Most fighters are knocked out at some point in their career.

Fair enough, Khan is no Sugar Ray, he is not the full package. But he will toughen up, and he might never get tagged like that again. Hes not got a Hagler like toughness, but he does have immense boxing ability, and a good physique.

As for being spoon fed, what is he supposed to do? He is working his way up, you expect him to fight top 10 fighters every second month?

Wow, you think Khans great AND you have a Crystal ball....

but he is not over-rated

Yes he is. He's been spoon-fed opponents and thanks to the Warren connection, side-stepped the British Champion to fast-track it to the Commonwealth title, at least 18mths to 2yrs too early. Got found out against Prescott.

By who? The Warren and UK media propaganda machine. Not by those who have looked beyond the hype and considered the FACTS (see my 1st reply).

So Prescott is a nobody now, is he? He had a reputation as a big puncher and had an impressive record. A re-match could go either way. I look forward to it (not that it'll happen until the Frank Warren cashcow has been well-fed, though). If Khan IS that good, he will win. If not...

So you admit that he's been rushed through the rankings prematurely? Look at Calzaghe, for instance. He slowly but steadily worked his way up and is now reaping the rewards.

You contradict yourself here. First you say "he never gets hit" and in the next paragraph, acknowledge that he has been floored by several opponents... :suicide: Don't get me wrong, his ability to get up off the canvas and win is admirable, a mark of a true champion, but he has so much glass in his jaw he ought to be nicknamed "Chandelier".

Oh come on! :hysterical:

Much as I have always admired Lewis as a superb ambassador for the sport (as well as a good champion), he is not "one of the greatest ever". Apart from this current era, where the Heavyweight division is now a joke, his time as champion was one of the weakest in the sport's history, with his only huge victories being against Holyfield and Tyson (who was a shadow of the Tyson of old). Had he faced the Tyson of 1986-1995, he would have surely been soundly beaten.

As I said, I like Lewis. He was a fine ambassador for the sport and a good fighter, but he was NOT in the same league as Marciano, Ali, Foreman, Holmes or the Tyson of old.

Fair point. As I said, we shall see. As a fighter, he is only doing what's asked of him (i.e. to beat the opponents he's given). It's the power behind him, people like Frank Warren, who must accept full responsibility for his development. I believe he's been fast-tracked to the detriment of his development and that was sorely exposed against Prescott. Saturday's victory against a journeyman will prove nothing. His next move however, will be VERY interesting.

Yes he is. He's been spoon-fed opponents and thanks to the Warren connection, side-stepped the British Champion to fast-track it to the Commonwealth title, at least 18mths to 2yrs too early. Got found out against Prescott.

By who? The Warren and UK media propaganda machine. Not by those who have looked beyond the hype and considered the FACTS (see my 1st reply).

So Prescott is a nobody now, is he? He had a reputation as a big puncher and had an impressive record. A re-match could go either way. I look forward to it (not that it'll happen until the Frank Warren cashcow has been well-fed, though). If Khan IS that good, he will win. If not...

So you admit that he's been rushed through the rankings prematurely? Look at Calzaghe, for instance. He slowly but steadily worked his way up and is now reaping the rewards.

You contradict yourself here. First you say "he never gets hit" and in the next paragraph, acknowledge that he has been floored by several opponents... :sheepdance: Don't get me wrong, his ability to get up off the canvas and win is admirable, a mark of a true champion, but he has so much glass in his jaw he ought to be nicknamed "Chandelier".

Oh come on! :gay:

Much as I have always admired Lewis as a superb ambassador for the sport (as well as a good champion), he is not "one of the greatest ever". Apart from this current era, where the Heavyweight division is now a joke, his time as champion was one of the weakest in the sport's history, with his only huge victories being against Holyfield and Tyson (who was a shadow of the Tyson of old). Had he faced the Tyson of 1986-1995, he would have surely been soundly beaten.

As I said, I like Lewis. He was a fine ambassador for the sport and a good fighter, but he was NOT in the same league as Marciano, Ali, Foreman, Holmes or the Tyson of old.

Fair point. As I said, we shall see. As a fighter, he is only doing what's asked of him (i.e. to beat the opponents he's given). It's the power behind him, people like Frank Warren, who must accept full responsibility for his development. I believe he's been fast-tracked to the detriment of his development and that was sorely exposed against Prescott. Saturday's victory against a journeyman will prove nothing. His next move however, will be VERY interesting.

Good post Rocket, very good in fact. But you just know his next fight will be against another no hoper live on Sky Sports 1.

Good post Rocket, very good in fact. But you just know his next fight will be against another no hoper live on Sky Sports 1.

His next fight supposedly is with the winner of Murray v McCallister.

Lose the "Rocket" epiphet if you want to be taken seriously in any debate with me. Otherwise you're just buying into that knob-jockey Fatshaft's conspiracy theory. Much as I like Rocket, him and I are NOT the same person. The moderators can confirm this. A simple check on IP addresses, showing that he still lives in the NE and I am exiled in Manchester, will suffice. Or you can stick to Fatshaft's conspiracy theory, like a David Icke worshipper. Your choice...

Lose the "Rocket" epiphet if you want to be taken seriously in any debate with me. Otherwise you're just buying into that knob-jockey Fatshaft's conspiracy theory. Much as I like Rocket, him and I are NOT the same person. The moderators can confirm this. A simple check on IP addresses, showing that he still lives in the NE and I am exiled in Manchester, will suffice. Or you can stick to Fatshaft's conspiracy theory, like a David Icke worshipper. Your choice...

I didn't think a man of your stature would bite Jocky. You've let me down.

Back on topic, Boxing....

Nobody said saturday was going to be anything but a mismatch. the guy got knocked out. he needs a few confidence boosters. I agree he should have fought for the UK title, but in many ways the commonwealth is an inferior title, and the UK would have been on the agenda, as will the European.

Ok its obvious Khan cant take a really good knockout punch. He's been floored by non-punchers, whatever that is, because anyone can land a good punch. With Limond, he was never in serious trouble, got stunned, got off the floor, and gave the guy a new face. Limond is not that bad a boxer, and I find it a little derogatory for any of them to be called useless. Gomez was a very tough character. Not many have beaten him up. He wasted Alex Arthur, another highly ranked fighter, Khan traded with him and floored him, retired the guy. I mean Khan is only 21, and only a handful of pro fights, and he's knocked out everyone except prescott so far. Yet so far it looks like anyone reading this board would think he couldnt punch and has a glass jaw. Only people who say that are those who have never done any boxing, and dont realise what it is like to get punched like that. You get concussed, dont matter who you are. Its not like wee taps on the cheek, they are trying to knock eachothers heads off in there. Muhammad ali fought an entire fight against Norton while concussed and a broken jaw, couldnt remember even being there afterwards. Some boxers have an instictual ability to box or just survive when they are concussed, some dont. Gojng by Prescott you would say Khan dont have that ability, but going by other fights, he does have the ability to get off the floor and win. Whether Prescott was just a freak knockout remains to be seen. I feel sure Khan will get knocked out again at some point, but like I said when your in against the very best then your not going to win every fight. So wait until he actually fights some top guys before judging. Prescott is known to blow himself out after a few rounds, thats why I think Khan would win a rematch. Hoefully that fight would have learned hi more in 30 seconds than all his previous carrer. Its now about how he comes back from that and learns to protect his chin in future. Its far too early to be drawing a close on Khans career, its like a lot of people wanted him to fail. I would even give him another defeat or two and still give him a chance of winning a WC when he's about 27-28.

I also agree about Warren thae guy is a tool and a pity Terry Marsh hadnt finished him off. Was actually reading some interesting stuff about him and Lenny McLean in the 70's, it was a young Warren who organised a nationwide unlicenced boxing network, and staged secret bouts around the country mostly with Lenny McLean sometimes bareknuckle stuff, thats how he made his money to start Pro promoting. Interesting background, total gangster material.

gie yersel a slap

Mcallister would be well advised to steer clear.

McAllister has accomplished more than Khan so far. If McAllister hadn't had his crash who knows what would have happened.

You contradict yourself so many times with the post before last.

And I wouldn't say it was a freak knockout, Prescott had him down in 16 seconds. That may have been classed as a freak knockout, but not when he does it again less than a minute later. Khan was out of his league.

Carl froch is a man with an iron chin. Khan doesn't have this in his reportoire and thats why he won't win on the world stage.

personally I thought Froch is a good domestic boxer bt will get beat badly off a top boxer. Calzaghe will beat him up. roy Jones or BHop would KTFO of Froch

McAllister is a tidy domestic boxer, hes a nice guy and good local hero.

But to put him in with Khan would be folly, and he could get hurt. He needs to step up to Alex Arthur/Limond class before he takes on Khan.