Sign in to follow this  
Millertime

Whats Good For A Burnt Back?

right, this is serious

my dad was out with his brother this afternoon for a few drinks and came home about half 5. as he usually does on a tuesday evening he sat down in the kitchen (where the phone is) to phone his brother in america. he was cold so he sat close to the cooker and fired up the gas rings for a heat.

everything was fine, but after about 20 mins my mum thought she smelt him cooking, sow ent through to see what the hell he was doing, as being that pissed he really shouldnt be workin a cooker

so, she walked through an started screaming...he was sitting there, quite the thing talkin to his brother and his whole back was on fire...literally, flames comin off his back. his jumper had caught fire and he didnt even know.

my mum grabbed him an started ripping what was left of his jumper off and his shirt too.

i tried to get a picture of it but he was flailing about so much none really worked out

anyway, his backs all burnt to f**k, whole back is red and theres black bits and bits which have blistered and burst already. he says hes not going to the hospital and told my mum not to phone the ambulance because he was fine. he admitted to me when she was away he was too embarassed to go. i tried changing his mind but he was not for having it

anyway, as we speak he's lying stomach down on the floor in the lounge with a wet dish towel on his back and a 6pack of corn on the cobs for extra support

if hes adamant he's not going to hospital, whats good for him?

ive seen online cellophine is good, but surely that'll just hold the heat in?

Guest SS RED
right, this is serious

my dad was out with his brother this afternoon for a few drinks and came home about half 5. as he usually does on a tuesday evening he sat down in the kitchen (where the phone is) to phone his brother in america. he was cold so he sat close to the cooker and fired up the gas rings for a heat.

everything was fine, but after about 20 mins my mum thought she smelt him cooking, sow ent through to see what the hell he was doing, as being that pissed he really shouldnt be workin a cooker

so, she walked through an started screaming...he was sitting there, quite the thing talkin to his brother and his whole back was on fire...literally, flames comin off his back. his jumper had caught fire and he didnt even know.

my mum grabbed him an started ripping what was left of his jumper off and his shirt too.

i tried to get a picture of it but he was flailing about so much none really worked out

anyway, his backs all burnt to f**k, whole back is red and theres black bits and bits which have blistered and burst already. he says hes not going to the hospital and told my mum not to phone the ambulance because he was fine. he admitted to me when she was away he was too embarassed to go. i tried changing his mind but he was not for having it

anyway, as we speak he's lying stomach down on the floor in the lounge with a wet dish towel on his back and a 6pack of corn on the cobs for extra support

if hes adamant he's not going to hospital, whats good for him?

ive seen online cellophine is good, but surely that'll just hold the heat in?

Your Nae right min.

i know, ive tried but hes adamant hes not going an he's "Fing" and "Bing"

Just phone the ambulance anyways.

Alternatively phone NHS 24 I'm sure their knowledge of medical emergencies is greater than the members of AFC-Hat.

Guest SS RED
Just phone the ambulance anyways.

Alternatively phone NHS 24 I'm sure their knowledge of medical emergencies is greater than the members of AFC-Hat.

How dare you....

This has got to be a wind-up, on the back of the threads that were resurrected in the 'scammed on ebay' thread earlier...

This is a wind-up. Having experienced second-degree burns myself I refuse to believe anyone would be idiotic enough to ignore the damage they do. I also refuse to accept a son who didn't loathe his father would even hesitate to call an ambulance, but instead post for advice on a football forum?

Do me a lemon. Ask yourself this - Whenever skin displays the colour black, and it isn't a felt-tip pen, GET IT SORTED.

no, im quite serious

thanks guys, hes passed out so i think ill call nhs 24 anyway and see what they say

If he has passed out call the ambulance and he will come round in hospital, when its too late to say hes not going???

He's to embarassed to go to hospital, and you respect that by not calling an ambulance... yet you post it on the internet... :nutso:

Unbelievable - I've heard it all now.

Not that my old man would ever be as stupid as use a gas hob to warm himself up, if he did ever hurt himself seriously I wouldn't be asking him if he wanted an ambulance

Seriously, stop pr1cking about on here and get that bloody ambulance called. Your father will forgive you after. Health more important than "pride". If he refuses to get in the ambulance, then slap his back, and that'll soon change his mind. :nutso:

Ok, i know your fishing but just in case...YOUR NOT ARGUING WITH YOUR FATHER. This is not something you should be wasting time talking about on a football forum seek medical advice 08454242424 or 999. Jesus wept.

ive taken the wet dish towel off his back to let him see just how bad it is without that for 5 mins...

it genuinely isnt as bad as it first looked, but its up to him

appreciate your help and ill call the nhs 24 see what they say for themselves

According to you he passed out at half past, why have you not called yet? :nutso:

I see the art of gullibility is not dead. Can you honestly picture MillerTime sitting at his PC debating whether or not to call an ambulance (and coincidently which is the best gun to use in COD in the gaming forum) whilst his father lies burnt to a crisp in an alcoholic stupor at his feet. I must admit though you can't fault the level of detail. That's the art of the storyteller.

Oh my god i'm literally in tears, Surely on the wind up.

"thanks guys, hes passed out so i think ill call nhs 24 anyway and see what they say"

Surely has to be the stupidest thing i've read on here if true.

As soon as everyone else saw the thread title did they also know it was going to be a thread started by Millertime?

As soon as everyone else saw the thread title did they also know it was going to be a thread started by Millertime?

Any thread which is titled as a question is likely to be Millertime. Always a laugh on a slow news day.

It's this bit which gets to me:

Talk about priorities!!!!!!

:nutso:

OK, on a more serious note, and ASSUMING this isn't a complete wind-up, I'm not a plastic surgeon (which your dad might need if he doesn't get help quickly), but I AM a first aider and the first thing is to run cold water over the injury and KEEP doing it for as long as possible whilst you wait for help. Now, I can see that this might be a problem on his back, but do what you can.

As to the rest, if reading the info on partial-thickness burns doesn't do the trick (because from what you say, it's at least that), then just do us a favour and call 999 right now, if not sooner:

http://www.vitaminuk.com/pages/articles/fi...nsandscalds.htm

He can argue with the paramedics if you like, but you're doing him a MAJOR disservice if you leave it longer (which, given it's nearly 6 hours ago, is already hellishly lax).

Go do it. The digit 9 comes after 8 on the right of the keypad.

Good boy.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Original A1

Don't be a neap lad get on the dog and bone now,while your waiting get 2-3 more dish towels and put them on his back get the biggest pan that you have and keep filling it and pouring over his back f**k the mess just keep the water going untill the medics arrive, His skin will still be cooking do it now.

P.S. If you need any more incentive, remember the Glasgow bomber (doc on BBC1 just now)? The one who died? What did he die of? That's right, BURNS.

And he didn't die quickly. It took a few weeks. That is PAINFUL stuff....

my leg just fell off....do you think i should call an ambulance?

as long as it's nae the middle one you will live. :nutso:

Nah, just chop off the other and hey presto - a hun in the making!

it was the comment about a 6 pack of corn on the cobs that got me...i was in knots!!

honestly, it's the attention to detail. that's what sets millertime apart from the average fisherman. a genius in our midst.

Not got a clue mate, you'll need an orthopod to answer that question and they aren't smart enough to use the Internet.

But if you wrap it in dirty dish towels and wait till you pass out I'm sure a family member will eventually do something.

Or if you take the detached limb to Millertime's house you could probably BBQ it on the heat coming off a burnt back.

it was the comment about a 6 pack of corn on the cobs that got me...i was in knots!!

It's just everything. I keep looking back and just bursting out laughing.

Not got a clue mate, you'll need an orthopod to answer that question and they aren't smart enough to use the Internet.

But if you wrap it in dirty dish towels and wait till you pass out I'm sure a family member will eventually do something.

Or if you take the detached limb to Millertime's house you could probably BBQ it on the heat coming off a burnt back.

i could eat it with corn on the cob.....

Sign in to follow this