Sign in to follow this  
Millertime

f**ked Elbow!

on friday night, met my neighbours outside and held an impromptu part-ay

anyway, all was goin well till on the way downstairs at about 4am and i was chasing my pal oot the flat - banterously

anyway, he was a few secs ahead of me and going down the stairs when i leapt from the top, COMPLETELY misjudging my jump-reach and landed on my elbow about 4 steps from the bottom. i was close!

anyway, this didnt really hurt at the time as i was hammered, but come saturday it began to hurt a wee bit and was sore all the way through till last night when it swelled up to f**k and was so sore i couldnt sleep

look at it now...

07042009784.jpg

its MINGINGLY out of shape but not bad enough to go to hospital is it?

whys it taken 3/4 days to spring up like this?

ive been shattred all day and shivering and my fingers are freezing so circulation is f**ked i think - can that be linked?

not goin to hospital unless i need to and as its no happened before i dunno if i need to!

Guest Donforlife
the red bit's roastin and feels like theres gel inside it, just thought thats my body bein nice an tryin to protect the area?

def sounds like its infected.

phone NHS24.

the red bit's roastin and feels like theres gel inside it, just thought thats my body bein nice an tryin to protect the area?

Nope. Classic sign of an infection. I'm no kidding mate. Get down to casualty now. You don't want to end up with blood poisoning or lock jaw.

Guest LondonScottish
on friday night, met my cute male neighbours outside and held an impromptu part-ay

anyway, all was goin well till on the way downstairs at about 4am and i was chasing my naked gay pal aboot the flat - banterously

anyway, he was a few secs ahead of me and going down the stairs when i leapt from the top, COMPLETELY misjudging my jump-entry and landed on my elbow and missing his the bottom. i was close!

anyway, this didnt really hurt at the time as i was hammered, but come saturday it began to hurt a wee bit and was sore all the way through till last night when it swelled up to f**k and was so sore i couldnt sleep

:laughing:

Guest LondonScottish
are you ripping the piss?

what happens if i dont?

its not a laughin matter guys so be serious!

On a serious note, get down to casualty.

Guest Donforlife
are you ripping the piss?

what happens if i dont?

its not a laughin matter guys so be serious!

as i said, if you have any sense you will call NHS24 and they will advise the best course of action.

on friday night, met my neighbours outside and held an impromptu part-ay

anyway, all was goin well till on the way downstairs at about 4am and i was chasing my pal oot the flat - banterously

anyway, he was a few secs ahead of me and going down the stairs when i leapt from the top, COMPLETELY misjudging my jump-reach and landed on my elbow about 4 steps from the bottom. i was close!

look at it now...

07042009784.jpg

its MINGINGLY out of shape but not bad enough to go to hospital is it?

whys it taken 3/4 days to spring up like this?

ive been shattred all day and shivering and my fingers are freezing so circulation is f**ked i think - can that be linked?

not goin to hospital unless i need to and as its no happened before i dunno if i need to!

Yes another Millertime thread. This should keep me amused when I'm affshore.

With my limited medical knowledge -broke wrist in three places, poisoned elbow and also multiple open fractures to both bones in my arm- I would recomend medical intervention. Any body part mingingly out ofd shape is not a good thing

When I broke my wrist the swelling was not great until about two or three days after it had been broken also my fingers went blue due to this. Not saying that it is broken but best to get it seen to. When I had a poisoned elbow it looked suspiciously like yours did. Redness and tender to the touch. You'll get antibiotics or at worst be admitted to hospital to get an intravenous course of these. I left it and very nearly ended up with blood poisoning which is a whole world of hurt and a long time in hospital.

You pay taxes. Go to A&E and get it seen to. Better to look like a fool now than end up with one arm as if it is infected and turns to blood poisoning this can happen.

EDIT: meant to say the circulation could be affected due to swelling. Wear a glove to cure the cold hand.

Edited by coopy100

Guest LondonScottish
ok im callin them now

didnt think a f**ked elbow could cause anythin serious, thought the swelling would just go down naturally

though 3 days later feeling tired and freezing prob aint a good sign!

If the infection spreads and gets into your blood stream proper, it may lead to an amputation. Forget the NHS line. Get to casualty.

ok im callin them now

didnt think a f**ked elbow could cause anythin serious, thought the swelling would just go down naturally

though 3 days later feeling tired and freezing prob aint a good sign!

If its infected it will get alot worse. Its poison in your body which will enter your bloodstream. This can lead to amputation and death.

Guest LondonScottish
If the infection spreads and gets into your blood stream proper, it may lead to an amputation. Forget the NHS line. Get to casualty.

If its infected it will get alot worse. Its poison in your body which will enter your bloodstream. This can lead to amputation and death.

:laughing::laughing:

(Actually this ain't a laughing matter)

:laughing::laughing:

I wrote that in my big reply though so you copied me. na na na na

Oh they may also draw on your arm with permanent marker to mark the edge of the red area to ensure it does not spread. They did this to me. Look like I had a relief map on my arm

i SINCERELY hope you are all thinking "ah stupid frankie lets take the piss out of him here!)

Nope. Phone and wait for them to tell you to go to casualty. Had it.

Guest LondonScottish
I wrote that in my big reply though so you copied me. na na na na

Oh they may also draw on your arm with permanent marker to mark the edge of the red area to ensure it does not spread. They did this to me. Look like I had a relief map on my arm

Fair point, well presented. :sherlock:

My mate got injured in a tackle a few years back. His lower leg swelled up like a balloon with infection a few days later, and split really badly. In the end it just wouldn't heal, the infection became serious poisoning and he had to have the part of his leg below the knee amputated. Total shocker, especially from a tackle at football.

was gettin put through to a nurse to talk with but none available so theyre fonin me back

im supposed to go meet the guy from ma work to fit a new fuel pump sender into me car at half 8, think ill be told to go to the hospital then aye?

i could just go to docs tomorrow then im wastin work time!

Oh no, no, no you are not in the best of positions to do so, frankie as much as we rip the piss and get pissed off by you we don't want you losing your arm or life here so go to the docs ASAP.

Guest LondonScottish
bicep?

im not tensing!!!!

SERIOUSLY uve all got me shittin maself now with talk of amputation

my left hands freezin compared to ma right one an all!!!

Millertime. I thought you worked in telecommunications????

It looks to me like there's f**k all wrong with your elbow. Stop acting like a little bitch, take it like a man and STFU.

p.s. do you work in a call centre?

Guest LondonScottish
i do, why?

Just wondered why you had a mobile phone that looks like something out of the dark-ages? :sherlock:

Fair point, well presented. :sherlock:

My mate got injured in a tackle a few years back. His lower leg swelled up like a balloon with infection a few days later, and split really badly. In the end it just wouldn't heal, the infection became serious poisoning and he had to have the part of his leg below the knee amputated. Total shocker, especially from a tackle at football.

I had a cist on my elbow removed went offshore and got a bit of metal in it (unbeknown to me) and within two days it sweeled up to the size of millertimes. I left it for two more days then couldn't get my boilersuit on it had ballooned so much. Got medivaced and sent to hospital and got told I was a lucky boy that it wasn't worse and lucky I never had blood poisoning that could have led to amputation or death. Absolutley shat myself.

GET TO CASUALTY FFS. THE FUEL PUMP WILL STILL BE THERE LATER

Guest LondonScottish
well theyre no fonin back, so im on ma way to maryhill an ill pop into the victorian infirmary on way home!!!

I would have one last w4nk with that arm as you may never be able to again.

Millertime, I see you are still logged in.

Hope you have been to A&E and collected your prescription? The longer you leave it the worse it will be.

Sign in to follow this