Walter

Ally

Big Kris

Big Kirk

Wee Barry

Big Lee

Big Jan

Guus

This weegie thing, is how it works is that you 'the weegie' take yourself as the medium person and then everyone else is either 'big' or 'wee' compared to your own height/weight?

Friend No. 5 - Mark Van Bommel (Midfielder - Bayern Munich, formerly Barcelona & PSV)

11/02/08 - BBC - (On Bayern Munich)

"Mark van Bommel I know very well from Holland and he will pull the strings in midfield. They have got talent all over the park," warned Calderwood.

Oooh, gonna have to challenge you on that one. You can know all about a person's abilities without knowing the person personally so not sure van Bommel would count as a Jimmy-mate.

For instance, I don't know Jimmy Calderwood personally but I know he's a one dimensional, tactically challenged manager!

Like the rest of the quotes though :laughing:

Jimmy on trail of Chelsea kid Cork

Published: 30/06/2008

ABERDEEN manager Jimmy Calderwood is chasing a loan move for Chelsea rookie Jack Cork.

The Dons boss has held talks with Blues youth chief Frank Arnesen who he knows well from his days in Dutch football.

The 19-year-old is in his fourth year as a professional with the Stamford Bridge club, and can play either as right back or central defender.

Calderwood said:

Guest SS RED

Jimmy strikes me as the sort of person who phones these people all day and they look at there phone and see "Jimmy C phoning" and put it right back in there pocket.

Feb 26 2008 Jimmy Calderwood

Dons Boss Writes Exclusively For You

ONE of the hardest tasks in management is to speak to the media immediately after a game when emotions are running high.

There have been many times on a Saturday night when I wish I'd bitten my tongue or been able to retract what I've said.

But when your team hasn't performed or you've been on the wrong end of a bad decision it's difficult to keep your cool.

Throughout my career as a manager I've always stuck to a rule I made at the outset way back in Holland. I give the players my verdict on the game and their display before discussing it with the media.

As a player, I wanted to be told to my face what my boss thought rather than read about it in the papers. Even when tempers are rising, I still do that.

I know Arsene Wenger and he is one of the calmest and most composed managers in the game - probably because he wins many more than he loses.

For Wenger to have a go at Birmingham defender Martin Taylor for the tackle that could end Eduardo's career is completely out of character but nevertheless reveals the pressures managers constantly find themselves under.

Wenger has only made a few mistakes in a wonderful career but his outburst on Saturday was one of them.

He was wrong to launch such a personal attack on Taylor because the player was simply done for pace.

Eduardo was just too quick for his opponent and the tackle was late.

But to his credit, after having time to reflect on the incident and watch it on video, Wenger retracted his statement and he should be applauded for that.

But dealing with the media is part and parcel of being a manager and my view is everyone has a job to do.

I just hope that my experience prevents me making another expensive trip to Hampden for an SFA hearing.

Wenger has also revealed his belief a European super league will be formed within the next few years under UEFA's auspices.

If Europe's governing body hadn't agreed in principle to the plan the clubs would have gone it alone anyway because they have the power to do that.

I first heard this idea mooted in Holland a decade ago but now it is right at the top of their agenda.

It will spell the end of the Champions League, which in my opinion has been an outstanding success, and cast doubt over the future of the UEFA Cup.

Quite how it will operate remains to be seen. I think there would have to be two divisions in the super league to accommodate all the clubs with the wealth and ambitions worthy of being among the elite.

There would have to be access to these leagues for the winners in domestic competitions because every system must be based on merit if it is ever to be fair and meaningful.

Ultimately it will mean the rich get richer and stronger while the rest of us are left to fight over the scraps.

It will be much more difficult for the likes of Aberdeen to qualify for Europe.

I can understand the frustration of our fans after such a lacklustre performance at Rugby Park. I felt just the same and everyone at Pittodrie is hurting badly right now.

But their angry reaction shows just how quickly things can change in football. Just a month ago Aberdeen were challenging on four fronts but after being beaten in the CIS and UEFA Cups, only the SPL and Scottish Cup remain.

Knowing the expectations at Pittodrie, tomorrow's home clash with Motherwell will be a real test of our character and we must get back to winning ways immediately.

This might be a first! Someone namedropping Jimmy yet as far as i recall Jimmy has not returned the favour.

Perhaps he has but i could only find this and im not sure if it even counts. I give you ex Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-21088925/

"Sbragia left Castlemilk with his pal Jimmy Calderwood at 16 to start their playing careers at Birmingham City in 1973."

"Sbragia hasn't forgotten his Scottish roots and is still in regular contact with old Birmingham team-mate and current Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood (left).

He said: "I met Jimmy last week, he was at our reserve game. I've known him since he was 16. Paul Lambert also brought Colchester here on Friday and I've been up to help the SFA's pro licence course"

Thats two namedrops in one sentence. Calderwood wannabee?

This might be a first! Someone namedropping Jimmy yet as far as i recall Jimmy has not returned the favour.

Perhaps he has but i could only find this and im not sure if it even counts. I give you ex Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-21088925/

"Sbragia left Castlemilk with his pal Jimmy Calderwood at 16 to start their playing careers at Birmingham City in 1973."

"Sbragia hasn't forgotten his Scottish roots and is still in regular contact with old Birmingham team-mate and current Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood (left).

He said: "I met Jimmy last week, he was at our reserve game. I've known him since he was 16. Paul Lambert also brought Colchester here on Friday and I've been up to help the SFA's pro licence course"

Thats two namedrops in one sentence. Calderwood wannabee?

Ricky said: "I like Rangers and used to get carried over the turnstiles at Ibrox.

Big Ricky.