Tv Series

We Own This City

Second episode in to what they claim to be the closest thing to The Wire we will ever see

Meh so far. Shit acting.

My boy Poot is now a fed, Slim Charles got meekly done by a cop and Jay Landsman is the Police Commissioner.

Though none are their original characters which is confusing.

Want to like it but it’s a struggle.

36 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

We Own This City

Second episode in to what they claim to be the closest thing to The Wire we will ever see

Meh so far. Shit acting.

My boy Poot is now a fed, Slim Charles got meekly done by a cop and Jay Landsman is the Police Commissioner.

Though none are their original characters which is confusing.

Want to like it but it’s a struggle.

You might be thick Brizo?

The mayor of Kingstown is worth a watch. 
just finished it. We own the city good as well. 
Ray Donovan the movie was watched last night, also worth a watch, as is Yellowstone. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
2 hours ago, YorkDon said:

Sherwood.BBC drama set in an ex mining community.A crossbow murderer on the run stirs up miners strike aggro from the 80’s.

Even better that I’m in it-albeit very fleetingly.

Started watching that but got bored through episode 2.

Are you the black detective?

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

Tried the US office again. Managed through the first episode, fell asleep in the second and woke up in the fourth. Won’t be back to it. 

massive cringe hearing the Brent jokes rewritten for Americans

It only really gets good once they start their own shows rather than copy the original. Top viewing once you get past the copies. You're as well just skipping the first stuff.

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Anybody watched "The Boys"? It's been recommended to me by a couple of people but I've a pathological hatred of superhero stuff(except Batman)

Worth bothering with?

@BrianFaePerth

tap in

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
4 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Anybody watched "The Boys"? It's been recommended to me by a couple of people but I've a pathological hatred of superhero stuff(except Batman)

Worth bothering with?

Same happened to me. 

Dogshit.  Avoid. 

19 hours ago, Poodler said:

Tried the US office again. Managed through the first episode, fell asleep in the second and woke up in the fourth. Won’t be back to it. 

massive cringe hearing the Brent jokes rewritten for Americans

15 hours ago, The Boofon said:

It only really gets good once they start their own shows rather than copy the original. Top viewing once you get past the copies. You're as well just skipping the first stuff.

What boof says. Second series onwards until series 8 is absolute class. 

Just watched the 3rd series of 'Das Boot'.  Very good as usual.  Expect it will be the last.  I like yer man Ehrenberg.

Also watched the 'Blocco 181' series.  Hoped it would be like Gomorrah, but not as good - but decent. Marked down for the apparently necessary promotion of homosexuality in all modern TV series.  The 2 main male characters are seemingly bisexual and are always all over each other, despite having a perfectly attractive latino girl to interfere with. Accordingly, it makes for difficult viewing at times.  They appear to be double penetrating the latino girl in one scene, which was the first time in many years TV has managed to embarrass me.   Still, I learned that Italy has a significant South American immigrant community, which I did not know beforehand.

On 7/4/2022 at 8:03 PM, manboobs109 said:

Worth bothering with?

Its quite remarkable imo generally poor superhero films have been.  I was totally open to the concept, but now I think "jeeez" to see the tag "Marvel" (Disney) on anything.