Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Tv Series

On 8/20/2022 at 1:18 PM, Jocky Balboa said:

I haven't finished Ozark yet, but Dexter is still my Exhibit A in the "classic shows with horrible endings" category. It's always a delicate balancing act for writers of any classic show and some have pulled it off perfectly (The Mentalist, The Shield) and some have done a so-so job (Sons of Anarchy, the CSI series's) but I'm hoping Ozark and BCS wrap it up well, especially with the latter intended to tie up with the start of BB (still one of the best shows ever).

Dexter trumps all horrific TV show endings on account of the fact they brought it back a decade later to supposedly address/redress the awful ending...only to then give it an even worse ending in the final episode of the reboot ffs. I'm sure the writers were just trolling the fanboys/reddit nerds by that point.

11 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Watching this pile of shit Rings of Power on Amazon. Lenny Henry playing a hobbit (Harfoot) with an Oirish accent. G’Danga.

Aye, the fucker's six fit four and black (and a pure greetin' faced cunt imo). Fuckin' Hobbit for fuck sake. ??

JRR must be fuckin' pissin' himsel.

I will watch it at some point but fuck Amazon Prime.  I'll be snidin' it for fuck all.

3 hours ago, Ando said:

Dexter trumps all horrific TV show endings on account of the fact they brought it back a decade later to supposedly address/redress the awful ending...only to then give it an even worse ending in the final episode of the reboot ffs. I'm sure the writers were just trolling the fanboys/reddit nerds by that point.

I still haven't brought myself to see the Dexter comeback, such was my disappointment and reticence to feel so twice. Prison Break at least tried to retcon the first ending with dignity, albeit falling just short of redeeming itself.

Missus loves the Lord Of The Rings shit... I can't get my head around it despite loving lots of fantasy shite... Watched the first episode of it last night and was just bored shitless... Will be forced to watch this inevitably but at least it means I can rewatch the Shield again so swings and roundabouts... House of the Dragon is ok so far, loved The Sandman but then I absolutely love the comic..

On 9/6/2022 at 5:08 PM, Dad said:

Yellowstone - fucking terrific ?

Started watching that, so far its brilliant.

Anyone watched Legion on Dinsney + (its a bit of head fuck tbh!), also watching Lucifer; Letterkenny (actor who play Katy is a stunner) and nearly completed The Good Doctor 

On 9/10/2022 at 6:14 PM, Bad_Mobby said:

Afterlife is shockingly bad. Pandering to Gervaise who is now half way up his own self indulgent arse. Apart from the Office and some of Extras his work is grim. 

Stewart Lee on the other hand is top notch 

16 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Afterlife was ok for one series to get its point across,’ life goes on’ etc…,yeah we get it. I couldn’t watch a second series but it’s on its third now ??  Wow

Big fan of Lee as well. 

I watched the podcast with Brydon and Lee clearly Lee can’t stand Gervaise. Brydon referenced that Gervaise cited him as a big influence to be met with the response that Oppenheimer wasn’t particularly proud of inventing the Atomic Bomb.

With Gervaise I just get the feeling he really is like that in real life.

. If he hadn’t made it he would be down the pub making jokes about mongs and spazzes. And he stole his routine about Bad Aids from Brass Eye of about 30 years ago. It’s not a persona it’s how he really is. 

I remember him on that abortion of s programme with Ian Lee and Daisy Donavon in the 90s before the Office. He had a slot of a couple of minutes and came over as nasty spiteful cunt.

Although his response to that would be The m now a nasty spiteful cunt of a multimillionaire 

On 9/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, thedandydon said:

Been reading 'The Last Kingdom' books lately so thought i'd give the Netflix series a watch. First series is decent enough, albeit pretty tame compared to the source material. Think it started as a BBC series which might explain it.

Aye I thought that the books were excellent and the Netflix series has been decent enough.

Just seen that series 5 was released earlier this year, will give that a watch. However also just read that Netflix have also cancelled the series thereafter ☹️

6 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Aye I thought that the books were excellent and the Netflix series has been decent enough.

Just seen that series 5 was released earlier this year, will give that a watch. However also just read that Netflix have also cancelled the series thereafter ☹️

Ah, that’s a shame. I think each season borrows from 2 books each and there’s 13 in total so not sure if the last season wrapped things up or if we just have to make do with the books to read the conclusion.