vanderark14

Tv Series

58 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

I dont know how they can recover from this except in a mass purge of violence. I am worried.

How's the race situation where you are?

Could the shootings in Compton and the hijacking of other deputies in the last few days be the start of some serious race stuff?

It's obviously been disaffected blacks taking matters into their own hands so far but will this inspire a white vigilante backlash?

What can the country possibly do to stop the hijacking of police and/or random whites continuing?

The black community have had anger building up for many decades, centuries even. Racist white cops killing blacks has been happening for ages but the 2020 highly-public stuff started with BLM protests but may prove to be the catalyst, the spark that incites a BIG backlash and in the worst case scenario, it could get real ugly and very anarchic, particularly with so many guns floating about. Is this possible do you think?

12 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

How's the race situation where you are?

Could the shootings in Compton and the hijacking of other deputies in the last few days be the start of some serious race stuff?

It's obviously been disaffected blacks taking matters into their own hands so far but will this inspire a white vigilante backlash?

What can the country possibly do to stop the hijacking of police and/or random whites continuing?

The black community have had anger building up for many decades, centuries even. Racist white cops killing blacks has been happening for ages but the 2020 highly-public stuff started with BLM protests but may prove to be the catalyst, the spark that incites a BIG backlash and in the worst case scenario, it could get real ugly and very anarchic, particularly with so many guns floating about. Is this possible do you think?

Mostly OK. Most minorities here are Latino/ Mexican, Asian mainly Japanese/Chinese/ Vietnamese etc. Of course the Red Necks hate em all for "taking their jobs".

Small black minority in Portland that have got f*cked over by gentrification and the police in Portland do seem to be racist.

Some recent murders of cops at the rioting have actually been done by the "Boogaloo Bois"  a white extreme anti-government gang. They like to wear Hawaiian shirts under body armor and are named after what they call the new civil war ( The Boogaloo)..look it up you will be shocked. But the media even when the commit murder dont say much.

Fucked up country. White trash take by force, committing mass genocide in the process, payback's gonna come. It's taken a few centuries but USA and then Australia will fall, but not in my lifetime.

You reckon the Red Indians are going to stage an uprising  ? THAT would be top, top bantz.

They'll need guns though instead of bows and arrows imo

I see Battlestar Galactica is now all on iPlayer. Contemplating watching it for the first time, is it worth it?

12 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

If there's anything Limmy has done on TV that I've not seen then it escaped me. 

Be sure to watch this one then, big move for him to focus everything on streaming.

The last spontaneous roar out loud I can remember on the telly was Limmy's techno big fat hen and clucking. Most of the time, I don't laugh at his stuff. There's more observational stuff that I find brilliant, the cancer awareness bands being my fav and the double dildo sketch being genius, mixing great messaging with pathos. Not everybody's cup of tea but we have our own theories for that, closed and narrow minds being mine. 

Edited by rocket_scientist

That fucking accent eh is a memorable Limmyism. Chewin the fat came up with some awesome Scottishisms;

I smell shite.

Gonny no.

Hae a drink.

You've taken that too far.

Scotland has produced much genius comedy. Saw Billy Connolly in 1994 in Melbourne and only went cos we got dragged along (cos we were Scottish) and he was incredibly good. Laughed the whole time for about 2.5 hours. Jerry Sadowitz the only other Scottish comedian I've seen and he is off the planet good. Probably only been to 4 comedy shows in my life, the other two being Englishmen and so unmemorable.

Do you only like Scottish humour then RS?

I must confess, I am more drawn to Scottish comedy such as Limmy and Chewin the Fat, although I think Burnistoun is far superior to Chewin the Fat. But without Chewin the Fat, there would be no Burnistoun...so that's a conundrum. 

Found myself down a youtube rabbit hole the other day watching episodes of City Lights and Naked Video...happy days. 

Have seen quite a lot of stand up comedy shows, mixture of Scottish and non-Scottish. My two favourites would have to be Stewart Lee and Jim Jeffries. Both very different, but both get me laughing a great deal. 

19 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Do you only like Scottish humour then RS?

No, big fan of some US stuff. The late Bill Hicks and George Carlin were great. Some of Chris Rock is very good. The US produce some excellent animated series. If it's anti-establishment and/or anarchic, it usually appeals but originality and innovation plus just being funny as fuck never fails to hit the spot. 

10 hours ago, styrofoamplates said:

Have seen quite a lot of stand up comedy shows, mixture of Scottish and non-Scottish. My two favourites would have to be Stewart Lee and Jim Jeffries. Both very different, but both get me laughing a great deal. 

That surprises me as he looked fucking miserable when he was managing Hearts 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That surprises me as he looked fucking miserable when he was managing Hearts 

The funniest comedians often look miserable. Jim Mclean was sensational at the Fringe a few years back.