vanderark14

Tv Series

Watched a show called Barry, a kind of dark comedy combo of all the best stuff (tarantino,breaking bad) about an ex marine turned assassin for hire, in toe with his uncle - they get mixed up with Chechen gangsters.

Couple of seasons on Now TV the now.

Edited by Dad
qn became an

I've been watching Rake, a cokehead drunk Australian barrister.

Easy watch and pretty entertaining.

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

Anyone watched Truth Seekers on Amazon worth bearing with?

Ive seen the first episode and was underwhelmed, but will probably watch the rest as its quite a short series. 

Ive watched a few of James May's new cooking show on Amazon, its decent though not as good as "our man in japan".

If you haven't already try "the bureau" on amazon - a french spy thriller, its very good.  Several series available, though the later ones need an additional subscription.

On 11/17/2020 at 9:58 PM, shut up meg said:

I've been watching Rake, a cokehead drunk Australian barrister.

Easy watch and pretty entertaining.

Decent show

Started watching Modern Family on Netflix.

Worth it just for the scenes Sofia Vergara is in, but decent all the same.

21 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Started watching Modern Family on Netflix.

Worth it just for the scenes Sofia Vergara is in, but decent all the same.

Watched it over the summer with the family. Have to say we thought every series was excellent and we are waiting on the final series.

Aye, Sofia is a belter 😍

1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Watched it over the summer with the family. Have to say we thought every series was excellent and we are waiting on the final series.

Aye, Sofia is a belter 😍

Final series has been and gone

1 hour ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Final series has been and gone

Its nae on Netflix in the UK - think its on NOW TV or similar which we don't have.  Think its due shortly on UK Netflix.

Finally managed to finish Breaking Bad.

Shite. Only persevered as it's an easy 45 minute view on way to work.

3/10

1 hour ago, BrianFaePerth said:

^^trying to hard. Time to take a break the Boof.

Each to their own Brian. I'll raise it to a 4/10 to appease you.

Took me multiple attempts to get into it and about a year to finally get as far as series 2. Persevered with it this time round. Lots of scenes that take far too long with fuck all happening and had my skipping through on forward multiple times.

Only carried on watching it as it was downloaded on my phone and easy enough to watch to relieve the boredom of the car journey and not have to listen to my driver playing Arabic music.

Onto Better Call Saul now which is far more enjoyable.

Not that I give a fuck what you think I hasten to add. Prick.

15 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Each to their own Brian. I'll raise it to a 4/10 to appease you.

Took me multiple attempts to get into it and about a year to finally get as far as series 2. Persevered with it this time round. Lots of scenes that take far too long with fuck all happening and had my skipping through on forward multiple times.

Only carried on watching it as it was downloaded on my phone and easy enough to watch to relieve the boredom of the car journey and not have to listen to my driver playing Arabic music.

Onto Better Call Saul now which is far more enjoyable.

Not that I give a fuck what you think I hasten to add. Prick.

Interesting you find Better Call Saul better. That took several series to get going.

I thought it was a slog to get through and overhyped as well. Came alive towards the end of each season but it was hard work to get there. The episode with the fly being a prime example of that, almost made me give up on it all. 

Doesnae give a fuck, but writes a few extra paragraphs to 'appease' Bri

Cunt

4 minutes ago, Dad said:

Cunt

😂 noticed that.

Prick

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

I thought it was a slog to get through and overhyped as well. Came alive towards the end of each season but it was hard work to get there. The episode with the fly being a prime example of that, almost made me give up on it all. 

That one was brutal.

15 minutes ago, Dad said:

Cunt

Aye massive paragraphs there. 🙄

And I'm the one getting the rolly eyes emoji thrust at me

Lol

Arsehole

Binge watched both seasons of Cobra Kai, very enjoyable. I don't normally put nostalgia high on my bucket list, but after all the hype I wanted to see if it was that good and was very pleasantly surprised. Look forward to S3 in January.

23 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

put nostalgia high on my bucket list,

Not really the point of a bucket list anyway, Jocko

20 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Not really the point of a bucket list anyway, Jocko

Ok, point taken, I should have worded it better... What I mean is that while I love shows like Stranger Things and others, which represent a huge throwback to the 80's, I don't go out of my way to put them on my "must watch" bucket list, though I do check them out as a curiosity and with an open mind.

On that score, I had modest expectations for Cobra Kai and actually loved it, binge watching both seasons in two nights. I'll be interested to see what S3 offers in January and note that it's received the green light for S4. 

(As a side note, I'm in the camp that believes Johnny's character isn't the universal bad guy and that LaRusso is actually a wee shyte, something that hasn't changed since the KK films)

Just finished S3 of The Sinner, with Bill Pullman and Jessica Biel. Interesting premise and engaging storylines, though I didn't find S3 as good as the first two.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:37 PM, Jocky Balboa said:

Just finished S3 of The Sinner, with Bill Pullman and Jessica Biel. Interesting premise and engaging storylines, though I didn't find S3 as good as the first two.

First series was the best. 

1 hour ago, The Buzzard said:

She's got me hooked on The Crown. Just about finished Series 4. The actress that plays Princess Di looks the part. 

^ Thank fuck im a lone wolf.