Tv Series

Really disappointed The Chicago Code has been axed, one of the better American cop shows, much better than Blue Bloods which is coming back for a second series.

I started watching The Killing on Channel 4 (apologies if it has already been mentioned but I've not read this whole thread). Only watched the first few episodes but already quite like it. I think it's a remake of some Danish TV series so it seems a bit darker and edgier than anything the yanks could come up with on their own.

Really disappointed The Chicago Code has been axed, one of the better American cop shows, much better than Blue Bloods which is coming back for a second series.

Chicago Code is/was a bit meh. Mrs Byen liked it but eh was only watching it for thon wee hunny that is riding the black copper.

Her character should have been developed a lot more, preferably wi a full frontal nude scene :spunk:

Chicago Code is/was a bit meh. Mrs Byen liked it but eh was only watching it for thon wee hunny that is riding the black copper.

Her character should have been developed a lot more, preferably wi a full frontal nude scene :spunk:

I'm in no way claiming it is great TV, it falls way short of classics like The Wire or probably not even as good as The Shield but I did like it. It was a no brainer US cop show that wasn't sh*te, a very rare breed.

I prefered the top cop bint, I like woman of authority.

Jennifer Beals is definitely MILF-y goodness... She was in the L Word which was about lesbians but I don't think there was any gratuitous nudity which is a shame...

Good to have Breaking Bad back - enjoying that a lot... and Curb Your Enthusiasm & Entourage... Giving Nurse Jackie a go, see if I like it or not...

Just started watching Dexter lastnight, only two eps in to season one but I love it, soo glad my friend got me involved in this, she said I'd maybe like it but already I love it. Also going to check out eastbound and down, started watching the first ep lastnight but it crashed, gonna need to get boxsets.

Just started watching Dexter lastnight, only two eps in to season one but I love it, soo glad my friend got me involved in this, she said I'd maybe like it but already I love it. Also going to check out eastbound and down, started watching the first ep lastnight but it crashed, gonna need to get boxsets.

Both excellent series Niall, you'll enjoy them both.

I've seen all 5 seasons of Dexter and both seasons of Eastbound and down.

Some genuine laugh out loud moments in Eastbound.

Both excellent series Niall, you'll enjoy them both.

I've seen all 5 seasons of Dexter and both seasons of Eastbound and down.

Some genuine laugh out loud moments in Eastbound.

Well the first one of Dexter had me hooked, soo dark and the way he talks over some scenes gets you even more, also like how he is keen to play the game with the ice truck killer.

I've been recording/watching ER & The X Files from the beginning since Sky Atlantic started.

Good tv.

Agreed. ER was really good and X-Files was f**king superb. along with 24, Prison Break, Band Of Brothers too :thumbup1:

I've only had SKY TV for a few months or so now and haven't really managed to watch many shows on Atlantic yet as my folks hog the bloody thing and i can't get multi-room cause i live in a skyer, f**king balls like :( Really pissed off as i did want to watch the likes of Chicago Code & Blue Bloods in particular but will have to watch repeats of it at some point preferably once i get word from the council or whatever about a flat although i won't hold my breath over that while junkies and foreigners get first choice.

Dexter is one of the best TV series ever. Another one to check out is Deadwood. It kind of flew under the radar when it was on Sky One a few years ago but, trust me, it is absolutely fantastic!

Dexter is one of the best TV series ever. Another one to check out is Deadwood. It kind of flew under the radar when it was on Sky One a few years ago but, trust me, it is absolutely fantastic!

Agreed about Deadwood.

Just a pity it got cancelled in America and finished abruptly after a few seasons.

Watching 'The Borgias' just now and as a couple of others have said it looks good so far.

Agreed about Deadwood.

Just a pity it got cancelled in America and finished abruptly after a few seasons.

Yeah, season 3 ended very abruptly. They crammed in way too much into the last couple of episodes. It was cancelled so HBO could afford to make Rome. Huge mistake. Deadwood had the best set of characters you could ever find in a programme.

Anyway, season 6 of Dexter starts in the US on the 2nd of October:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM

Cannot wait!

Looks like Edward james Olmos and Colin Hanks will be the main baddies in the new Dexter season.

Can't wait! And you'd never have believed looking at Michael C Hall that he had been battling Cancer! Stalwart. Apparently he didnt even tell the producers that he had it until he was pretty ill! Nah fuss making, just got on with his day to day jobs!

Sopranos - 10/10

Band of Brothers - 10/10

The Wire - 10/10

The Pacific - 7/10

Now I'm on to Deadwood, heard good things about it, plus I have a soft spot for Westerns :tumbleweed:

This thread is amazing, in fact, it's ruined normal T.V for me. I'm looking forward to all the great series mentioned like 24, Dexter, Entourage, Breaking Bad, Prison Break.

Sopranos - 10/10

Band of Brothers - 10/10

The Wire - 10/10

The Pacific - 7/10

Now I'm on to Deadwood, heard good things about it, plus I have a soft spot for Westerns :tumbleweed:

This thread is amazing, in fact, it's ruined normal T.V for me. I'm looking forward to all the great series mentioned like 24, Dexter, Entourage, Breaking Bad, Prison Break.

I very rarely watch normal TV. Usually only watch sport on normal TV these days.

Just saw the first episode of Wilfred on BBC 3, utter genius. It's an american remake of an aussie comedy about a bloke who sees a mad australian nutter in fancy dress, when everyone else sees a dog. Sorta like crossing the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes with Shameless

keep meaning to watch that on bligblag, might check it out now.

Not a lot on the box for me to get into right now, like my sci fi... Fallen Skies was good, not sure if its coming back yet though. f**king sick to death of getting into things for them to get cancelled after 2 or 3 seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought 'New Tricks' was good last night , most episodes in this new series have been up there.

Not too psychologically demanding in the 21st century sense but great 'old school' story-telling.

Recorded Gerry Rafferty and the 9/11 Conspiracy for viewing later......if ever.

There's too much choice today.

Ah'm fair dumbfoonered by it all.

Back tae mono.