StandFr33

Why Have Aberdeen Fc Not Become A Bigger Financial Player In The Spl......

If Aberdeen is the "Oil Capital Of Europe" then why cant the club seek investment from the Offshore Industry? I know we are in a recession but this is still huge profit turning industry. Would any of them even notice if they invested

Guest LondonScottish
If Aberdeen is the "Oil Capital Of Europe" then why cant the club seek investment from the Offshore Industry? I know we are in a recession but this is still huge profit turning industry. Would any of them even notice if they invested

What benefit would an oil company get throwing that at Aberdeen?

The city should charge every company set up with the city boundary an AFC tax.

Just to show they are grateful; for getting the opportunity to make millions out of being set up in our city.

The tax wouldn't be too hefty.

Just enough tp collectively rake in around

The city should charge every company set up with the city boundary an AFC tax.

Just to show they are grateful; for getting the opportunity to make millions out of being set up in our city.

The tax wouldn't be too hefty.

Just enough tp collectively rake in around

Aye I know, there is not going to be a lot of money in Scottish football, but with a half decent investment and some ambition we would be qualifying for the CL, so its not just domestic football.

Aberdeen could be regularly playing in europe and doing well, so they should be looking at it as a longer term thing which would elevate the club.

This is all just thinking aloud by the way, I know there is obv going to be a reason why this would never happen, just wondered what everyone thinks about it

Guest LondonScottish
Aye I know, there is not going to be a lot of money in Scottish football, but with a half decent investment and some ambition we would be qualifying for the CL, so its not just domestic football.

Aberdeen could be regularly playing in europe and doing well, so they should be looking at it as a longer term thing which would elevate the club.

I'm sure the people of Aberdeen would love to find out that the council was raising money via tax and giving it to another private company and not for community purposes.

Yeah.

AFC.

About time we got some back.

Aberdeen is a provincial wee City. What makes it so special to oil companies who have their main headquarters anywhere but here?

Going on that basis every club sponser has to come from that city.

Aberdeen is a provincial wee City. What makes it so special to oil companies who have their main headquarters anywhere but here?

True, but they are based here....... Would just make sense, if you dont ask you dont get

How much do you think the deal would be worth if we had Baker Hughes on our shirt? Is it that unrealistic?

or see it as an investment. Some companies can get more customers by raising their profile as a shirt sponsor.

True, but they are based here....... Would just make sense, if you dont ask you dont get

How much do you think the deal would be worth if we had Baker Hughes on our shirt? Is it that unrealistic?

Are they Americans? I'd say it was probably unrealistic but like you say can only ask.

Guest LondonScottish

No it doesn't. The thread starter was looking for a huge investment of

I'm sure the people of Aberdeen would love to find out that the council was raising money via tax and giving it to another private company and not for community purposes.

That's how it happens in the US often though.

No it doesn't. The thread starter was looking for a huge investment of

Baker Hughes, like most of the big companies are not based here. They have offices all over the world, they even have an office in Glasgow.

Like I said a lot of companies in the Aberdeen area already invest sponsorship money at AFC. Have a look at the advertising hoardings around the pitch.

Don't think the oil companies are really the way to be going.

Just because they have cash doesn't mean they will want to throw it at a football club. They'd have to show they are getting value for money.

Most of these companies WILL have some kind of community involvement budget but that tends to go to good causes rather than subsidising professional sportsmen's wages. That's why they tend to help out with youth development and the like.

Having said that I don't think AFC or the SPL in general do the best they could to promote and develop the game and exploit the commercial potential but that's nothing to do with not getting more handouts from oil companies.

Instead of trying to get money from the oil companies they should try the service companies.

I always thought thats what PSN should have done when they broke away from KBR as they are promoting themselves as a Scottish company. But they probably do already sponsor them anyway.

Couldnt we do something similar to what Real Madrid do (dont laugh), they get money from their concil when they need but they also give money back to the council when they want some back. Councils way of thinking is that if they have a successful team they have a successful city. I dont know how the other Madrid teams feel about that deal but we wouldnt have the problem here.

It should of been attempted years & years ago when:

1. it wouldn't of taken near as much money to become a major player in the spl

2. Oil companies etc. were still trying to get noticed or win over the locals

3. Aberdeen were in the red & not in debt my a substantial amount.

But no chance now of getting them to invest any sort of major amount, only chance would be smaller or newer companies wanting small sponsorship deals.

The likes of Shell & BP etc. would have no interest in any major investment in the dons now, sad but true. They don't need to, they have control over everything they want & can do what they want because they are providing so much to the city already.

Instead of trying to get money from the oil companies they should try the service companies.

I always thought thats what PSN should have done when they broke away from KBR as they are promoting themselves as a Scottish company. But they probably do already sponsor them anyway.

Couldnt we do something similar to what Real Madrid do (dont laugh), they get money from their concil when they need but they also give money back to the council when they want some back. Councils way of thinking is that if they have a successful team they have a successful city. I dont know how the other Madrid teams feel about that deal but we wouldnt have the problem here.

Aye.

Cos oor cooncil is skint! :tumbleweed:

Pity it has the collective financial nous of a flip-flop.

Baker Hughes, like most of the big companies are not based here. They have offices all over the world, they even have an office in Glasgow.

Like I said a lot of companies in the Aberdeen area already invest sponsorship money at AFC. Have a look at the advertising hoardings around the pitch.

True they have offices world wide, I very briefly worked in the IT dept there so believe me I know...............but they are a North Sea service company, why wouldnt we try and get them on our shirt? They can only say no so I think the question should be asked!

Then again, maybe it has lol

Apart from Shell, Which other oil companies sponser AFC ?

Apart from Shell, Which other oil companies sponser AFC ?

Shell sponsor the youth age groups below 16. Nearly every operator has one or two advertising boards. thats about it.