Pet Hates

StandFree1982

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I do. You think recognising certain groups creates divide. 

The point of recognition is to create inclusion and give people rights. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having communities and groups for different races/creed etc. 

It's when you create a group that is exclusive of just one other group, that's where the issue lies.  It only widens racial tension, which is already at breaking point at the moment. 

I wont be happy until every category of person in society is represented on Sportscene. 

Tbf they cover a good few bases with the current line-up but its not enough.

Transvestite bilingual Nepalese dwarf.

Black Analogue post-op lesbian who identifies as a meercat.

Smelly non-binary Perth ladyboy. 

Ambidextrous albino rapper.

Etc.

10 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

As it happens eh was visiting the client with the gender fluid employee yesterday.

They were wearing a smashing blouse. Eh will ask them of their availability to commentate on Hamilton v Ross County

Big Thommo’s been doing a smashing job as the bender fluid on there but nothing wrong with a bit of competition for places.

5 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Funny how the Chinese don't seem to  give a fuck about being under represented.  Hardly ever see them on telly but you don't hear them moaning. 

Bloody good point.

Reporting Scotland last night: black weegie student lassie featured in a racism special “its not easy being the only black kid in a class of 29. Id wear my hair afro cos thats my heritage, but it felt like i was in a zoo, there for their entertainment” so nowt racist going on at all, she just felt a bit different because she was and is now saying that is subtle racism and we are all cunts.:suicide:

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

She was class. Encountering racism daily, she said it's so frequent it's like having a cup of tea. "You don't speak about it. After all, you don't go - I had a cup of tea today".

A total kick in the face for anyone who’s suffered actual racism.

She said she wasnt even aware of racism until recently when subtle racism that folk dont normally notice was pointed out to her.

So basically pre-BLM she lived a racism free life. Post-BLM she’s got ball deep on it and now spends her days analysing her day for any subtle, indirect racism, and falling out with white pals who cant see the subtle racism she suffers etc.

Excruciating stuff. And this is on the 6pm news. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

I didn't get that from her interview. She was a highly intelligent girl.

She said she'd never experienced overt racism,  then went on to say experiencing racism was as regular as having a cup of tea.  She was just whinging because someone put a microphone in front of her and asked her to.  The media are the main problem,  exaggerating everything and causing division. 

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I didn't get that from the interview. I also didn't hear her say that she had never experienced overt racism because she didn't say that and why would she? 

She said exactly that,  maybe you weren't paying attention. The example of racism she gave was curious classmates asking if they could touch her hair.  Hardly worth getting her knickers in a twist about. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

We saw the same interview. We saw different things. This doesn't mean that one of us wasn't paying attention. It's means we interpreted it differently, totally differently in this case.

The reporter said  ' although she said she hadn't experienced overt racism,  she had.... blah blah'.  So no need for interpretation, that's what she told the reporter off camera.  Maybe the reporter made it up?