Pet Hates

StandFree1982

38 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

They served me a steak sandwich in Morocco during Ramadan once. And a nice freezing soda to wash it down. I swear the cunt was questioning his religion when doing so in 36 degree heat. Not as much as I was though, much as I agree with the concept of fasting, abstinence from time to time in particular. 

Love REM 

I like the ones for toothpaste, detergent and the likes where (bearing in mind Domestos used to boast it killed everything, dead!) now the clearly lawyer approved ad states their product kills 99.9999% of everything complete with diagram showing some of the resistant little bugs remaining.

I wonder what the modern safety videos would be like?  The wee lad running on the beach about to step on the broken bottle with the message "Other beer bottle brands are available and less slashy"  

18 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Naivety or ignorance? 

Maybe a combination of both. 

I was led to believe from a debate I listened to years ago on the radio involving hardcore vegans that they wouldn't use the new plastic five pound notes as they're made with tallow (sheep and cattle fat).  Does it matter what a fiver is made of, for fucks sake? 

I thought that was a bit OTT of the vegans on the debate but each to their own if they value and believe in something so strongly.