Wrestling Thread

robbo

i know what you mean patty. you always take a risk when you go on facebook, but at the same time, you know its going to happen because its a popular discussion topic so there aint a lot you can do.

SPOILER ALERT FOR PATTY:

on the note of the rock, time to gloat - i called it. didnt see any sites saying hed do it, it just made sense given what he said a few months back about being involved in a big wwe project. was briefly thrown by the womans shoes but when the electricity started, you knew it had to be the rock. was very cool to see him back and even though ive never been a rock fan myself, i did get goosebumps when he did the FINALLY bit and asked michael cole what he thinks. So many good memories over the years.

Why should people not talk about an event until it's ok'd by you? I personally think that's a load of pish Patty.

The morning after and it's no longer a spoiler IMO.

Not everyone is up at 2am in the morning to watch wrestling with work the next day.

I saw The Rock's facebook update yesterday evening, so I knew it was him, but still, it's the consideration for the poor souls that get wrestling spoiled for them. There's nothing sadder.

Personally myself, I tend to watch wrestling before work anyways just like I did at school. Get up 5 am, put on wrestling. Sorted.

Also Robbo, why do you not like Heenan or the colour commentator? When they are on form, I think it adds a lot of depth to the commentary. Not everyone is Joey Styles. Especially not Michael Cole!

Also Robbo, why do you not like Heenan or the colour commentator? When they are on form, I think it adds a lot of depth to the commentary. Not everyone is Joey Styles. Especially not Michael Cole!

ive never been keen on them because when they are needlessly heel, it seems forced and makes a bit of a mockery of what were trying to watch.

i find it infuriating to try to sit there while youve got someone saying youve got to do whatever it takes to win inc. getting run-ins, using weapons, having the GM change the rules to suit their needs...

then 5 mins later when edge uses one of his main moves, hes chastised and is being told hes going to get his title taken away for being a cheat.

brings my piss to a boil, but not in the way they want it to.

i much prefered when JR and Lawler just called it as it happened. Nothing particularly against Cole or Heenan because they just do/did what theyre told, its the whole thing that comes with being a heel commentator. No need to try and be a dick just for the sake of being a dick.

matt striker annoys most people. i dont mind him. NXT is his level.

remember reading a few months back that when he was doing a PPV wi cole and lawler, cole cut the feed to all their mikes so that he could yell at striker to shut up because he was talking too much.

having said that, i cant find it anywhere but the thing that cemented striker as a legend in my book was an episode of "byte this!" he did dressed as the ultimate warrior at time of the release of the destruction of the ultimate warrior dvd. it was incredible. did a few impressions that day and in fairness, most were top notch

ive never been keen on them because when they are needlessly heel, it seems forced and makes a bit of a mockery of what were trying to watch.

It helps guys nowadays though - back in the good old days when guys who couldn't cut a promo to save their life they had managers to get them over as credible, believable heels. Slick got the Warlord over, Heenan got Barbarian, Hercules and Haku over, Jimmy Hart got Dino Bravo over.

Seeing as nobody has a manager anymore the announcers are the ones who do this. Think how much Masters, Shelton, Kozlov (3 guys qith zero personality) would benefit from having a manager to help establish their character and get them over as heels.

Why the f**k is Michael Cole getting a push? Are creative really out of ideas so much that they need to distract from the product with that whiney little dick.

Probably because he is one of the few guys at the moment who can string a few sentences together and make the crowd genuinely. Seeing as he has always been an unpopular announcer anyway it makes sense (in the short term) to use the natural hatred people have for him.

Its still nae a sport kiddies.

A troll, sh!t-talker AND a post count whore! :applause:

How on earth has Jerry Lawler managed to get himself in the position to be challenging the WWE Champion? He's an old timer. Surely he must realise that there is no way he can out wrestle The Miz having such an old, weary mine and body.

Does he really think he can outwit and out power a man in his prime such as the Miz?

I certainly can't see past the Miz to win this Sunday. But if Lawler does manage to pull off an unlikely victory against Mizanin, I will be very happy for Lawler. If he manages to pin Miz shoudlers to the mat for the three count or make him submit, you can't say he doesn't deserve it. Years and years of training and preperation for this match, let's hope the old timer can pull of a shock victory.

Literally Banks o Dee (Lawler) vs Aberdeen FC. (The Miz)

anyone been watching NXT?

amazing how much better it is this season when you get a few guys wi some personality. Its impossible to dislike Bateman. Hes an idiot but hes got something. Also like jonny curtis. another guy who looks very raw just now but could have something to him in a few years.

Not really keen on Brodus. Done nothing wrong really and clearly knows his stuff from back in the day but everything he does and says seems too mechanical and by the book.

that said, its 100x better than the diva season and the one after nexus.

folk rip on it as a format but its decent to get them all some exposure and break them in gently. Combine this with tough enough and youve got a very good product to get the young guys over.

You can GTF with that crap! What a load of poppycock! That is not wrestling. That is a bunch of fannies thinking they are funny.

I wondered how long it would take for that to be posted. Patty is going to have kittens when he sees someone has posted it. He doesn't like it as it exposes the business. I think it's one of the funniest wrestling things i've ever seen.

on a similar kayfabe-breaking note -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOcjq4siu7A

That is a disgrace from someone that calls themself "Aberdeen's Voice Of Wrestling". Disgraceful!