Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

On 9/13/2020 at 12:42 PM, rocket_scientist said:

Just back from my favourite cafe in Aberdeen, Cafe 100 on Holburn Street.

Only discovered it last year even though it's been there for years. Product and service are the only criteria (although location can be a benefit in certain situations) and on both counts, they win. I very rarely drink coffee in the house but their espresso is as good as you'll find anywhere and their chips - something I never eat in the house (not being a weegie) - are the best anywhere and in the middle of the day, so deliciously decadent.

A couple on here won't be happy with the service providers being mostly not locally-born and bred but a good example today of why NE businesses in the service sector will employ a non-native instead of a local, quite rightly in my opinion. They actually care about doing their job and want to look after their customers. I had to suggest to the inexperienced migrant lassie to stop saying sorry before we'd even been served and her smile when we handed over a 25% tip at the end was one of relief and understanding. She was damn good at her job, just too anxious to get it right all the time when they were obviously exceedingly busy, as we could see and could appreciate, where the first "it's ok, we're not in any rush" failed to stem her needless apologies. You wouldn't get most Brits giving that much of a fuck on minimum wage. Imagine the mutants and the racists on here and what they got parented by? Pure shit, some of them.

Had some life saving breakfasts in there after a few days of partying. I really recommend it to everyone.

I used the Richmond Street Deli the other day. 2x sandwiches and 2x soups =£21.

The katsu sandwich was incredible. Soups were great too. 

The mother was in a terrible mood and was giving her beautiful daughter a hard time for the duration I was in. Wasn't great to witness. But I was there for food and it was great. 

1 minute ago, Fridge said:

Nae sure if you are at it here Bloots but if you do happen do be a rampant Gaylord in Aberdeen it’s well known that Cheers and My Fathers moustache are the places to go.

Take johnny’s with you.

lol

know all about cheers 

MFM that still on the go? Remember that from years ago

• Like 1
Guest the shepherd
32 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Off out to Rev de Cuba for some food later. Been a while since I've sampled the delights on offer there. They are still doing discounted food, so all good.

Good to see that place is advertising a Christmas menu as well as promoting its premises for use in the build up to the festivities. (Never heard of it until doing some research just now.)

Nice see a local business offering some glimmer of hope to its employees, the general public, and the local community of which its serves.  Hopefully, some others start to take control of their own destinies, like Rev de Cuba, instead of being bullied and oppressed by our governments.