Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

39 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Check the menu. It's great. I went Achar which is what I had last week and it was very good. Prawn purée was amazing, much more kick than usual.

That's one of my favourites. What sides did you go for?

29 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I’m usually always Prawn Madras/vindaloo 

Thon TAWA-WILD GINGER SPECIAL sounds intriguing 

edit to add - my mate says the portions are a bit small 

I don't think they are small. Takeaway portions are bigger than the sit in one's though.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

1 x Prawn Puree between us to start (salad was very fresh and tasty, unlike most Indians) and one main dish each + Garlic nan is more than enough, too much in fact. We only eat half the main dish and buy a starter and a nan for the next time. Weird thing, Indian food tastes even better after freezing. Must be the spices fusion or sommat but honestly, we swear it's even better a week later following freezing and defreezing. It came with mango chutney (quite good) and another yellow sauce which was sublime. 

Shiri Bheemas do Indian ready meals made for you heat up or freeze at home. Nae the cheapest but blows the supermarket ones out of the water and a lot easier than cooking a curry fae scratch when you just want a quick meal.

You will find a discount code on their facebook page most likely.

https://www.indiangourmet.co.uk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
On 11/29/2020 at 5:57 PM, rocket_scientist said:

Mind I recommended the Cocket Hat and a mutant said it was shite but ran away rather than explain what he meant?

Went there today and it was superb. Beautiful roast beef and lamb for me, turkey and beef for the wife.

The yorkies and gravy are as good as you'll get anywhere and the quality and prep of the meat is first class.

A tenner a head, in and out within half an hour, unbeatable value.

I know it's part of a chain or franchise or whatever but each outlet can only be judged on their own. Don't know if I've ever had a decent munch in any other Toby Carvery but will have visited 2 or 3 over the years, once only (which says it all) but ever since the wife's work at Woodend Hospital went there for lunch 2/3 years ago, that's our 5th or 6th visit and will definitely be returning.

And no fucking loud snotty-nosed kids kicking about luckily. British brats are the worst in the world, for reasons obvious.

Have'nt been for ages but used to love going to the Atholl for a Sunday roast , particularly good this time of year for turkey and trimmings . Another option for you just down the road 

• 2 weeks later...

Everest (the old cinnamon), Union street 

756-B1-E72-B9-AF-489-A-ACA0-DCA570-CBE28

food was good. Service was annoying, too much staff which resulted in them looking for jobs to do - standing by your table waiting for you to finish something to whisk the plate away/ fill up the wine. 

Have used before and will use again. but it's not quite the LoB 

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

We had Wild Ginger on Friday. It was very good again. Will def go back to the old fav, the oldest fav for a period exceeding 40 years, next Indian, the LoB, the Light of Bengal. Feel unfaithful canvassing and wooing another. 

You're a man of good taste 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, rocket_scientist said:

After six years living in Hong Kong, I can use them fine and I do in certain situations. Prefer shovelling when the sauces/gravy are this good.

The mix of beef pad thai and the milder chicken tamarind almond dish was sublime. 

Pad Thai's nae spicy?! ?

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

@Fantasist from Stoney formerly the @Fantasist from Summerhill. I'm pretty sure you will receive notifications (that you pretended you never got at the weekend) @For Fecks Sake but one outstanding thing I need to ask;

Have you actually ever been to the new restaurant that you now claim 3 visits to?

You obviously didn't recognise the joint, we don't get chopsticks there and you would've known this given how often you say you've been.

Is this another lie like your education, like you lying about where you live, a cunning ruse to fool us into thinking that anything can be said online (like we didn't know)?

But it wasn't very cunning at all, was it?

One final correction before I go do some work, I've never been "desperate" to have the information you've not provided. You were the one who said you got both honours and masters. For whatever reason, you're not wanting to answer the question of what honours degree you got. That's fine. Another lie on top of your previous might be a step too far. I don't really give the slightest fuck about you and your fakery. It's been fun exposing you for what you are though. The third mutant, I don't even talk to anymore. Let me know when he posts the video of him in the bath covered in his own shit if you can. I'll buy you an espresso. 

DSC-1025.jpg

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

You started it. I finished it by finishing you. 

Give it up man, it's easy to speak trash on a forum but let me know when you are next in Stoney for a coffee and I will come and meet you for a face to face chat, sure we can sort this out over a cup or two.

Actually think we would get along just swell, if I could tolerate your bitterness and anger issues I reckon I could perhaps even like you a little.