Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

29 minutes ago, tommo1903 said:

Jalfongi, garlic naan and saag paneer.

Think that's the 5th time I've been in last 5 months. Best visit yet. Everything on the menu is delicious so far.

Im guessing jalfongi is a mushroom alt to the chicken jalfrezi? Sounds like a good feed. Cant beat a good indian. Good pints of cold lager is essential.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Mind I recommended the Cocket Hat and a mutant said it was shite but ran away rather than explain what he meant?

Went there today and it was superb. Beautiful roast beef and lamb for me, turkey and beef for the wife.

The yorkies and gravy are as good as you'll get anywhere and the quality and prep of the meat is first class.

A tenner a head, in and out within half an hour, unbeatable value.

I know it's part of a chain or franchise or whatever but each outlet can only be judged on their own. Don't know if I've ever had a decent munch in any other Toby Carvery but will have visited 2 or 3 over the years, once only (which says it all) but ever since the wife's work at Woodend Hospital went there for lunch 2/3 years ago, that's our 5th or 6th visit and will definitely be returning.

And no fucking loud snotty-nosed kids kicking about luckily. British brats are the worst in the world, for reasons obvious.

Been there a few times and it can be hit and miss however given they are not currently doing a help yourself carvery I think it's got better as you don't have stuff out sitting out under hot lamps for hours at a time.

Will always prefer to cook a roast myself (my Yorkshire's are fucking awesome) but for a last minute easy Sunday meal it can be a good option.

Not enough places do a carvery on a Sunday in my opinion, cannot beat it.

17 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Garden centre cafes. Sad places generally but occasionally useful for a specific purpose. It's amazing how the old couples all look the same, bitter unhappy faces like they're chewing on lemons, never talking to each other and sitting there in abject misery. These are the biggest demographic.

Someone recommended Castleton Farm Shop and Cafe recently and we ended up going there today for a late breakfast. We only went because the Kirktown was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and as it is the wife's birthday, it's fair that she doesn't cook for me one day, but only after she had washed my punts obviously. It was a pain that we arrived to see that the Kirktown cafe was shut cos they do a marvellous mini breakfast but she had been for lunch with her pals at Castleton recently and said it was great.

Do NOT go here. Not for breakfast anyway. It was shite, Stodge city. Off to a bad start having to get a filthy mug replaced but there was no half options or anything other than a FULL fry up. The shop was a joke too. £49.99 for 12 year old Doublewood is a third more than we can buy it in the nearest town to it. Th wife at least got a big bag of frozen strawberries for the freezer but there's making profit and then there's extortion. These teuchters deserve to go out of business, greedy fucks.

Should have gone to the finzean farm shop as recommended by me yesterday.

Kirktown Garden Centre offers up decent fare right enough and the Whisky I have bought from there have always been decent priced - the Glenfiddich finished in Rum Barrels being a particular favourite and I am sure it was even a few quid cheaper than other shops I found it in.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

If you didn't lie about going to MM's last week, after getting an equally improbably massage, how come you spelt it wrong?

Thick cunt, shit attention-to-detail or a liar?

What’s an “improbably massage” ?

....Asking for a thick , lying cunt who doesn’t pay enough attention to detail 

• Upvote 1

Used to enjoy a dobbies breakfast but to hell with the current queuing situation. Can't wait for an hour around screaming kids etc, would rather be in the louden tavern than around children 

The best breakfast in town is the cafe on Holburn street, think it may have been R_S who mentioned it before. 

39 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Check the menu. It's great. I went Achar which is what I had last week and it was very good. Prawn purée was amazing, much more kick than usual.

That's one of my favourites. What sides did you go for?

29 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I’m usually always Prawn Madras/vindaloo 

Thon TAWA-WILD GINGER SPECIAL sounds intriguing 

edit to add - my mate says the portions are a bit small 

I don't think they are small. Takeaway portions are bigger than the sit in one's though.