Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

4 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

had pork tartare before in Berlin 

think I’ve had the steak before but can’t remember where

I’ve had it in Warsaw, was some bizarre restaurant that used to be a mental asylum. Nae really for me but worth trying if you get the chance.

21 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Anybody ever had steak tartare? Always fancied it but never seen it on a menu.

Had it once when I was a young loon on a first date and thought it was just another version of a cooked steak. The mix of panic and bewilderment as the chef arrived at our table and began to make it in front of us will stay with me forever and I kept on thinking "when is he going to take this away and cook it?" ?

It was actually nae bad, raw egg included, but not something you could a large portion of.

Only ever since ordered it off the odd taster menu when available in one bite size portions because as you say it's not something you see that often.

• 2 weeks later...

Pub crawled up the toon today with her, started in Scotia. Went to No10 hoping for a roast. They had run oot of roast. 

This was the buttermilk chicken for £15 (served in a box due to it being outside)

a farmfoods chicken kiev and fries. It was poor. I wolfed the lot as I was starving though.

to be fair to them, I told them it was shit and they wiped it from the bill. Can’t argue with that. But shouldn’t really get that in the first place from one of Aberdeen’s finer diners 

68-B0-B878-88-BD-4-E10-99-E2-F79-B640074

13 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Pub crawled up the toon today with her, started in Scotia. Went to No10 hoping for a roast. They had run oot of roast. 

This was the buttermilk chicken for £15 (served in a box due to it being outside)

a farmfoods chicken kiev and fries. It was poor. I wolfed the lot as I was starving though.

to be fair to them, I told them it was shit and they wiped it from the bill. Can’t argue with that. But shouldn’t really get that in the first place from one of Aberdeen’s finer diners 

Did they nae think you were at it given you “wolfed the lot”? ?

On 7/4/2021 at 10:35 AM, For Fecks Sake said:

Mate if mine takes his steak "blue" - have tried that before and it's a no from me ?

My mate is the same, a definite no for me too

On 7/4/2021 at 6:29 PM, Poodler said:

Had pizza at the Borsalino last night 

must be amongst the best pizza in Aberdeen

Whereabouts is that?

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

That looks fucking awful. Not a fan of the chain that owns No10, Stag, Ferryhill House etc. Unimaginative menus and chips with everything.

Like that episode of the Simpsons where Mo decides to try and market his tavern to families ?

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

It is. I will go back for sure. Efes is a lovely easy drinking beer as well.

Italian/Portuguese place opening next door (steak hoose). I'll be giving it a whirl as well.

My mate recommended that place to me before but still haven't been yet, but great to hear another recommendation for it ?and good to hear about the other place too

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Hopefully they open more to be honest.

Personally believe the area of grass where the gypos go (not cadonas side) could be developed onto a little food area. Make the beach a better area for people to go for food/drinks. 

Again Aberdeen missing a trick IMO.

Absolutely mate 100%. Been saying that for years. Still think one of the worst things they did was closing Amadeus. It would have thrived better in last 10 years than it ever did due to more things down there now. As you say the council  never use their heads apart from the new stadium talk

20 minutes ago, Roberto said:

They even do it with small businesses.

They fucked the market majorly when it started to get a bit of character again with the food places.

That's the sort of thing that should be down the beach area I'm talking about. There is plenty room for it.

A food hall with these type of eateries that were in the market. Beer licence. The potential in that area is mental. I just can't see why the council can't see what's been staring them in the face for years with the area at the beach.

Na fuck it we will make it a cycle area, Infact no that's stupid we will change it back at further cost and have beach front just 1 way and cycle lane going opposite way. Yeah that makes more sense... (nae).

Is that not what the wee pod thingies out the back of Cadonas is for?  Next the swingy boat.

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

Hopefully they open more to be honest.

Personally believe the area of grass where the gypos go (not cadonas side) could be developed onto a little food area. Make the beach a better area for people to go for food/drinks. 

Again Aberdeen missing a trick IMO.

3 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

The problem with a food place like that while a great idea is getting restaurants to fill it? Certainly to begin with? Not like there is really a food truck scene etc. 

It’s probably the transportation links that holds that area back. You could put all the nice restaurants you want but if you’re wanting to drink with your meals someone’s going to have to drive or it’s a two bus journey for most or an expensive taxi. Not having cheap or quick ways of getting around Aberdeen from the outskirts fucks it over as a whole. Taxis have been ripping the arse out of it for years.

Always think they should have done more with the Green, few more pubs, restaurants, cafes around Cafe 52 with a seating area in the middle where you could order from anywhere. Maybe some sort of retractable roof over it for the winter.