Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

It has struck me during this time how little TV I watch. Maybe an hour an evening with the wife a couple of times a week at the most. 

I'd rather be out walking the dog,  listing to a podcast or reading a book than sat in front of the TV. I really want to watch stuff like The Sopranos and The Wire again from start to finish, but find I'd much rather do other things. 

I couldn't imagine having a TV in the bedroom or any room other than the lounge. But different people like different things for stimulation. Who are we to judge? 

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

It has struck me during this time how little TV I watch. Maybe an hour an evening with the wife a couple of times a week at the most. 

I'd rather be out walking the dog,  listing to a podcast or reading a book than sat in front of the TV. I really want to watch stuff like The Sopranos and The Wire again from start to finish, but find I'd much rather do other things. 

I couldn't imagine having a TV in the bedroom or any room other than the lounge. But different people like different things for stimulation. Who are we to judge? 

I find it bizarre people passing judgement on what people like or dont like. Kinda weird and creepy.

Bought a 3rd gen Apple TV off eBay the other day, arriving between 14:00-16:00 today.

Fed up of watching BT Sport and Sky Sports (using other peoples log-ins I must stress) on my pad.

I've been assured I can watch BT Sport through it, hopefully it's the same for Sky Sports.

Think my TV is slightly too old to mirror so went down this route.

38 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Need a TV?

Have you stopped ripping off your parents with your old TV's?!

But nah, my thing is 7 years old but still going strong, still a few more years in her yet.

So I can AirPlay BT Sport to Apple TV, but Sky Go doesn't allow you to do that. Angry face.

21 minutes ago, Pash said:

Have you stopped ripping off your parents with your old TV's?!

But nah, my thing is 7 years old but still going strong, still a few more years in her yet.

So I can AirPlay BT Sport to Apple TV, but Sky Go doesn't allow you to do that. Angry face.

I told you this earlier but the site was fucked. 

You can get a BTsport app on the Apple TV but the same app is available on Xbox 

20201005-190825.jpg

orderd this up the diy..mare fir a trainin aid thin a answer tae the gap atween meh 3 wid n 4 irin . jist sumhin yed keep in the beg.. eh wis oan fire wi meh irons the diy..pure strikes oan wet turf..whin yer oan fire gemmes easy.. nae chunks n nae thins..happy wi meh swing the noo..puttins pysh lyke but that wis the bumpy greens

26 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Nah min. The greens are the same for everyone. It's the Indian, not the arra and other assorted metaphors. Putting is more mental than technical, with the proviso that we need robust mechanics on top of which we build what really matters. Tom Watson wrote that "putting is only 10% mechanics" in his book Getting Up and Down, not a great book but he was 100% right on that. I once got a text from a client that read something like "the greens were terrible but I still holed the world, putting is all about confidence and attitude". I remember the exact words of my six word response;  "Correctamundo. Your education is now complete". It was over two years of education, just on his putting alone. 

wis yasin meh 60 oan the fringe rether thin puttin it.. flyin it ower the trouble..lest yr ehd hiv hid putted it n hoped fir best.. Its me baw strikin confidenc wi 8 longer irons seeped doon n meh 56 n 60 feel liket xtentensions o meh airms liket t1000