Millertime

Christmas Album - 2011

You need about 3,000 to 5,000 downloads to get into the chart top 40. I reckon if we set up a vote on here of which track we think is the best of the bunch recorded by Millertime, make it available to download with all profits going to charity (or AFC's January's transfer kitty) then we could get Millertime into the chart top 40. :thumbup1:

You mean after you've secured the rights to the chosen track?

A campaign to get Millertime into the charts? That sounds amazing. We'll have to get this started soon. Don't forget about us when you're even richer and more famous Frankie.

if the songs over 50 years old though, is it not a free for all?

sarcasm aye?

im actually gonna go upmarket here i think and get a more professional set up, including a condensor mic with "phantom power", a stand and a pop shield

watch this space

No sarcasm mate, I thought they sounded great.

I'll request Last Christmas by Wham..................a classic! :applause:

if the songs over 50 years old though, is it not a free for all?

As I understand it...

Commercial work falls into the public domain after a set period of time, dependent upon local law, unless the copyright is renewed. Usually by the time for renewal comes around those who own the intellectual property are dead or the business it belonged to is no longer trading.

However you'll find that the estate of the copyright owner can also renew the copyright to the material in question... for example, if I were to publish Conan Doyle's work there's a very good chance the Estate of Conan Doyle would sue my dick off. As far as I'm aware stuff like Sherlock Holmes is, or should be, public domain... but the Estate of Conan Doyle doesn't see it that way.

With regards singing along to a backing Karaoke track, the song itself might have fallen into Public Domain, but if, say, Music Co released a Karaoke version of that song then they own the intellectual rights to their Karaoke version. Ergo, using a backing track that was recently released by Music Co would more than likely see you land yourself in the shit, should you try to profit from it. Look at Classical music... no way is Beethoven going to sue you if you used Fur Elise for commercial purposes, but if the version of Fur Elise you used was played and recorded by the London Philharmonic then you're going to get a letter from the legal representation of the LPO if you try to profit from their work.

The way around that, and it's not really a way around it.... is to do your own version of the music.

hmm interesting

only trouble there is i cant play an instrument, haha

och mate if i ever did get in the situation of being sued by them, itd be because i was makin money, so id worry bout that if it ever happened!!!

think its fair to say im safe

Also depends who owns the music... it's possible that songs like "White Christmas" are actually owned by someone like WMG and they just licensed the music for Music Co to do their Karaoke version... meaning you'd also have Warner on your arse.

I've seen vids on Youtube pulled just because someone hummed a tune that was owned by one of the big music companies... they're fucking nutters about it.

Edited by Ke1t

Here we go again...

For some reason I've got most of MT's previous Christmas efforts saved on my I-tunes.

There's been a few occasions where I'm having a house party, playing random tunes through my PC, when suddenly MT comes on singing 'Frosty the Snowman' etc.

Folk are like :wtf:

:laughing:

Keep it up you mentalist, it's probably about the only thing you're good for. ;)

hmm,ok cheers for info

im sure i can make up a management team from afc chatters to handle this stuff.

you good for anything in this industry kelt-meister?!

No use whatsoever.

Isn't Big Man a lawyer?

Kelt..............fuck off with your sabotage attempt, we're going to get Millertime to the xmas number one spot, Simon Cowall and his x factor pish can feck off!

Why are you so against it, it's a great plan, MHHHHAAAWW HHHAAHHHAAAAAHHHHAA.

Aye, he's the one sat next to the bald guy.

la_law-show.jpg

bIG MAN is the bloke behind the bird with the shoulders.

btw Big man, my brief is Mike Munro, he's a genius, I'd have done a lot of time were it not for him, last time he defended me their were loads of trainee's taking notes from his performance in court, he likened me battering some hun cunt on Bridge street to some bollocks about a horse trader in 1850, I was found not guilty after a 14 day trial, genius! :-)

The only downside was he bolloxed me every day for drinking in the Anthineum every lunchtime with the prosecuting folk, we were best of mates by the time they gave evidence against me, ha ha ha.

bIG MAN is the bloke behind the bird with the shoulders.

btw Big man, my brief is Mike Munro, he's a genius, I'd have done a lot of time were it not for him, last time he defended me their were loads of trainee's taking notes from his performance in court, he likened me battering some hun cunt on Bridge street to some bollocks about a horse trader in 1850, I was found not guilty after a 14 day trial, genius! :-)

The only downside was he bolloxed me every day for drinking in the Anthineum every lunchtime with the prosecuting folk, we were best of mates by the time they gave evidence against me, ha ha ha.

Nah, he's definitely the one sat next to the bald guy. Big Man wears shoulder pads and a pearl necklace, I have it on good authority.

The bird on the right looks like shes got a dildo up her arse.

I reckon if that lot were defending me I'd be getting gang raped in Craigie's as we speak.

Why are you so against it, it's a great plan, MHHHHAAAWW HHHAAHHHAAAAAHHHHAA.

Fair doos... MT, follow that dream :)

Fair doos... MT, follow that dream :)

You know I'm only joking Kelt, without your brains behind the campaign we're fecked. :sherlock:

1st December

Millertimes Christmas Tunes

AND

AFC Chat Awards

Get it sorted :)

He hasn't done Last Christmas yet?! Has to be that! Christmas #1 guaranteed!

no. but he's still in hospital with pneumonia.

He's also had complications due to a chocolate bar being wedged in a rather intimate part of his person....

Latest reports confirm...He's been....Careless with his Wispa

Frankie, get this done!! I am listening to the songs Roberto has uploaded and I'm going to have to reapply my mascara as I have tears rolling down my face. Listening to you do Nat King Cole, fucking amazing!

haha, youve heard them all before though?

im doing it

fuck it if its old!

ordered a fancy pants new mic off amazon, so once that comes next week ill start on the requests!

Not heard them all before so thanks Roberto for posting. They are now on my iTunes.

I look forward to you expanding your repertoire. thumbup1.gif