Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

The club formed in the 19th century will be dead and all things of value will be transferred to a team with a dif name Huns fc for example (more likely fc rangers or something?) they will get off with it finish 2nd after the points deduction and start a fresh next season! It's a piece of shit but it's the way I see it going! Rangers will be here for a very long time even if it is with a slightly dif name! Business's go bankrupt all the time and lock away all their equipment with any value somewhere else for them to start up with a different name with their equipment from previous company! It's the other business's that are owed money I feel sorry for!

So it appears that by going into admin rangers have fked hmrc over, by meaning hmrc can't liquidise the club?

NO and NO

HMRC are there Main creditor ..... They will not roll over to them ... They will get money due to them by any means .. Being that selling Murray park or Ibrox.

Goodbye McGregor

Goodbye Davis

Goodbye Naimsmith

Anyone that is of value.

NO and NO

HMRC are there Main creditor ..... They will not roll over to them ... They will get money due to them by any means .. Being that selling Murray park or Ibrox.

Goodbye McGregor

Goodbye Davis

Goodbye Naimsmith

Anyone that is of value.

"Whilst it appears that a consensual restructuring looks unlikely outside of a formal insolvency procedure, the above steps, if agreement cannot be reached with HMRC, will bring an end to the legacy threat of closure and will provide stability required to enable the required investment to be made into the future of the Club.

I don't see them surviving if HMRC slap them with that 49 million quid tax bill.

People seem to believe a rich businessman will step in from the ranks of the Rangers fanbase.... well, you would have expected said rich fan to have made an appearance before now, but in actual fact all they got was Whyte.

Who's going to voluntarily throw 49 million at the Huns?

I'd say that would mean actual liquidation.

What I can see happening is a new guy bankrolling the replacement club after Rangers are liquidated...anyone with that amount of money isn't going to waste it by putting it into a dying club, it'll be more profitable for them to rebuild a club. Then we'll have the fun scenario of the other SPL chairmen ignoring the fans feelings and allowing them to take Rangers place in the SPL.

The government writes the law and the taxman is their means of survival. The law will not permit Whyte to go into administration to avoid a pre-existing liability. HMRC will still want their pound of flesh and if it takes them twenty years to battle for each bit they'll do it. From their perspective if they don't do it to the huns anyone else owing cash can dodge the bullet in the same fashion. The only way out is beating them in the courts and I don't believe they have the law on their side.

... but watching them squirm should be fun...

... Craig Whyte company director has such a good track record in the courts and in understanding the law....

Never has reading an official statement from Rangers been so enjoyable...

"There is no realistic or practical alternative to our approach as HMRC has made it plain to the club that should we be successful in the forthcoming tax tribunal decision, they will 'appeal, appeal and appeal again' the decision. This would leave the club facing years of uncertainty and also having to pay immediately a range of liabilities to HMRC. Even if the club were to succeed in the tax tribunal, it would still face substantial liabilities. Zero liability will not happen.