Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

Thing that really pisses me off about all of this is Rangers fans turning around and blaming the state of Scottish football and the inability of others to compete in this ridiculously unlevel playing field for their current predicament.

It's the mismanagement of RFC that has caused this, nothing to do with us.

Hope they f**k off and take their tv contract. We barely benefit anyway. I'll go and watch my team, ta. Another thing most of them seem unable to do.

The big thing about the administration isn't the paying whatever pence to the pound etc. But the things that go with it. European football is most likely a no-no, their salable players like McGregor, Davis etc will all be sold, and while in administration they can't register new ones. i.e. even if they ride it out till next season, they will be crippled by having to play with a threadbare squad.

The big thing about the administration isn't the paying whatever pence to the pound etc. But the things that go with it. European football is most likely a no-no, their salable players like McGregor, Davis etc will all be sold, and while in administration they can't register new ones. i.e. even if they ride it out till next season, they will be crippled by having to play with a threadbare squad.

Yeah exactly banned from Europe no

Our fault too apparently

If the only thing they have to celebrate is our unfortunate situation then we've obviously been doing a good job of getting it right up them for the past few seasons (or in Aberdeen's case the last two fucking DECADES).

No, its you getting it up you for buying success for two decades, when clearly you couldn't afford it, hence now we are pissing ourselves. I believe I have given myself a hernia laughing at the Bears Den tonight.

"I have tried everything to avoid it but the level of the potential liabilities to HMRC is so high that it would be completely unmanageable if we allow that to come to a conclusion.

"What we have done today is avoid a worst case scenario for Rangers and this course today - painful though it is - ensures the long term survival of Rangers Football Club.

"That's what I came in to do last May and that's what I will continue to do. Every decision that I make is for the best long term interest for Rangers Football Club and what we have done today will do that.

"If we can get rid of the tax case which has been hanging over us for the past two years like a dark cloud then we can move forward with confidence.

I cannae see the taxman being very happy that the chairman of rangers has come out on the reangers website and ADMITTED to be doing this bassically to avoid having to pay the tax bill by going into administration

See this in the courts

I cannae see the taxman being very happy that the chairman of rangers has come out on the reangers website and ADMITTED to be doing this bassically to avoid having to pay the tax bill by going into administration

See this in the courts

HMRC will drive them into liquidation rather than let them get away with restructuring out of the debt - it is the wrong way to deal with the taxman but may be very typical of the CW approach to business.

:popcorn: