Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

I missed all this earlier so excuse me playing catch up.

I just want to reassure people at this point. There is no need to worry tonight, sleep easy and rest assured.

They will not simply go into admin, take a 10 point deduction, clear all debts and carry on as if nothing happened. No chance.

so what is the scenario that needs to take place for Rangers to no longer exist as a football club? And what is its likelihood?

I think the best we can hope for is the current incarnation is liquidated and a more modest replacement is formed in their place. Possibly taking on some of the Assets. It makes sense really for HMRC to allow this to happen as to realise the value of Ibrox and Murray Park they basically need to hope someone comes along to buy these and form a new club.

I suspect they would not allow this to be C Whyte.

If they form a pheonix club, buy Ibrox and Murray park and thus that allows the main debts to be paid off this will mean:

- The pheonix cannot really lay claim to any of the previous history of the club. No stars on the shirt, history books should show the new club as a seperate entity etc

- RFC Pheonix cannot enter Europe for 3 years as they UEFA rules clearly state a member club must be a member for 3 years before they qualify for Europe.

- Lastly the biggie is where do the Pheonix club join the league. We have to assume the dickheads who run our clubs and the SPL will want Rangers back. We should really fight against this - they should be required to join at the bottom of the Division 3 and work their way back up. Thats what any other club would be required to do.

I don't see them surviving if HMRC slap them with that 49 million quid tax bill.

People seem to believe a rich businessman will step in from the ranks of the Rangers fanbase.... well, you would have expected said rich fan to have made an appearance before now, but in actual fact all they got was Whyte.

Who's going to voluntarily throw 49 million at the Huns?

I'd say that would mean actual liquidation.

Yes. I agree its got to be liquidation really. And the "£49M" bill is apparently even more. Plus we know they have huge debts to ticketus they have to honour.

Led to believe rangers is already split in 3!

Can't help but feel this will be a load of shit and they will be better of because of it! They will take the 10 point Penalty and finish 2nd (which they were going 2 anyway) and start a fresh with no debt like Motherwell did and still in the top division in Scotland!

Somehow I can't quite see this. I think I used to feel this way and I notice a lot of people still refuse to hope or expect justice to be done here. I've come to realise the situation is FAR too serious and complicated for RFC to escape.

If they were still in administration at the start of next season would they start the season with a point deduction too?

Yes and they can't enter Europe in admin. Its likely they'd be wound up by then anyway.

So - what position do we need to finish in the SPL this season to get into Europe now? If the huns finish 2nd they forgoe their place I'd expect.

Dundee Utd. owed money from Rangers.

Dunfermline owed £80k.

Hearts still owed £1 million for Lee Wallace.

Would absolutely love it if all three clubs request a winding up order from the courts.

Considering David Murray himself raised the winding up order that finished a small club like Airdrie for a few measly quid this would be entirely what they deserve.

When their fans moan that everyone hates them, they really should take a moment to consider how much they have actually earned that hatred. They deserve everything that is coming to them.

I dont know what to say here...because *haha* doesnt even begin to cover it!

They will SOMEHOW wriggle out of it, the SFA will bail them out.

They wont let their bum chums go down

not a fucking chance

Still, this is absolutly cunting hooring fan fucking tastic news.

:lolrangers::sheepdance:

I don't think the SFA have £65m to pay off HMRC so fail to see what they can do tbh.

£49m bill plus penalties could take it to £75m.

Its interesting isn't it. The bill was always talked about in the region of £49m and that was supposed to include penalties. Now Whyte himself has said it is much more. I wonder if that is further interest and penalties incurred over the last year of the appeal?

Just seen a hun on facebook claim that aberdeen v killie would only get a crowd of 4000 because rangers arent in the league. They really do believe it all revoles around them.

Me confused. Kilmarnock is a well known hun stronghold. The hun not being in the league would surely be incentive for the local knuckle draggers to support their own team? Certainly can't see how it would have a derogatory effect on a Killie/Dons game.

Just see a hun on the tellie claimin that without them "the leagues finished". OH MY GOD. !!!! GIRFUY you fat, inbred, knuckle dragging prick. The tears are palatable.

• Site Sponsor

If SFA\SPL or HMRC let Rangers away with a slap on the wrist, then the precedent will have been made for other teams to take the piss.

For the good of football, Rangers HAVE to be let to go to the wall.

Totally agree.

Have just seen this on the BBC:

"And the Scottish Government has also issued a statement on the situation at the Glasgow club.

Sports Minister Shona Robison said: "I understand that Rangers and HMRC are continuing dialogue and we obviously want to see an agreement which will protect jobs and enable the club to stay in business.

"Rangers is a crucial part of Scotland's national game, and our interest is ensuring that a resolution can be arrived at between HMRC and the club to deliver these vital objectives."

What involvement should the Scottish Government have in "ensuring that a resolution can be arrived at between HMRC and the club.."

The Scottish Government do fuck all nine times out of ten when any other business goes tits, let alone a business which has attempted to avoid tax payments to that very Government.

It's quite incredulous that the Sports Minister should be involved or make a comment like this.

Fuck me, the Huns have on the face of it stolen from the Government. Why should the Government be attempting to "ensure" anything on the Huns behalf.

I find that statement quite disconcerting.

Shona, stick to ironing, dear :thumbup1:

Totally agree.

"And the Scottish Government has also issued a statement on the situation at the Glasgow club.

Sports Minister Shona Robison said: "I understand that Rangers and HMRC are continuing dialogue and we obviously want to see an agreement which will protect jobs and enable the club to stay in business.

"Rangers is a crucial part of Scotland's national game, and our interest is ensuring that a resolution can be arrived at between HMRC and the club to deliver these vital objectives."

What involvement should the Scottish Government have in "ensuring that a resolution can be arrived at between HMRC and the club.."

The Scottish Government do fuck all nine times out of ten when any other business goes tits, let alone a business which has attempted to avoid tax payments to that very Government.

It's quite incredulous that the Sports Minister should be involved or make a comment like this.

Fuck me, the Huns have on the face of it stolen from the Government. Why should the Government be attempting to "ensure" anything on the Huns behalf.

Shona can kiss George's sweaty tip. Tax collection is not a devolved matter.

Totally agree.

if they help the huns in any way they have just made my mind up for me regarding the way ill be voting in the independence referendum. I will also never ever vote for them again. The huns have brought this on themselves. let them reap what the have sown.

Newsnight Scotland on now... administration a 'racing certainty' according to Speirs.

Speirs is great.

One of the few journalists in this country that actually has the cahoneys to tell it like it is.

He clearly thinks Murray is a charlatan and the same with Whyte.

We need more journalists like him.

Take note Keevins, and Jackshun you sycophantic weegie fucks.

Speirs was famous for asking the question in the 90's of where the no legged cunt was getting his money from.

He was roundly slagged off by the huns fans as a posh boy that knew fuck all.

Well who's laughing now you bigoted cunts.!?!!?

Totally agree.

Surely to god this is just a soundbyte from the Scottish Government to give the impression they are supportive and concerned. I cannot see them acting in any significant way to help out here. Surely?!

The SNP would kiss goodbye to a lot of votes if they get too involved, particularly if they are seen to take sides in the matter.

My guess is that the Scottish Government don't have a clue just what is going on at RFC yet anyway.

I think as more comes to light about just how bad it is and just how many people had to work together to get the Hun into such a catastrophic mess then perhaps these people rushing in will tend to step back and look to take cover before it goes nuclear rather than stick their neck out and comment.