Where Are They Now

3 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

He is being linked with Sevco in today's papers ?

Hope it's shite just like 99% of the other transfer 'news' but I have a horrible feeling....

He's a hun. Never really hid it either. Just signed a new deal at Norwich, and with them having eyes for the PL, I'd be surprised if the cunts could afford him. 

He's been liked with der Hun practically every approaching transfer window since about a year before he left us. As has been said...he is a hun and has never hidden the fact. With his new contract I doubt Norwich would consider anything short of £5million. Sevco could afford that for sure but I think they have far more pressing needs to attend to before midfield.

5 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Can't see there being a sell on fee. They basically paid £250k to secure him early then loaned him back to us. Can't have seen Aberdeen being in a bargaining position to include a sell on when they were going to lose him for nothing in the summer anyways. 

That was a small outlay to secure his services without being at risk of a totally open auction to secure his services.

There may possibly be a small percentage sell on fee, but I don't know for sure

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

That was a small outlay to secure his services without being at risk of a totally open auction to secure his services.

There may possibly be a small percentage sell on fee, but I don't know for sure

I'd be amazed if there was. The clubs did each other a favour, Norwich got him for a small fee in English terms that secured his permanent signing ahead of any possible competition. They then loaned him back to us for 6 months, so  we got a fee in that we wouldn't have got had he left in the summer under freedom of contract, plus we retained  his services until the end of the season. A sell on fee on top would just be a step too far.

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd be amazed if there was. The clubs did each other a favour, Norwich got him for a small fee in English terms that secured his permanent signing ahead of any possible competition. They then loaned him back to us for 6 months, so  we got a fee in that we wouldn't have got had he left in the summer under freedom of contract, plus we retained  his services until the end of the season. A sell on fee on top would just be a step too far.

Aye. There was not mention of a sell on fee at the time. 

But we got a fee when they could have waited until summer and got him for nothing and we got to keep him for another 6 months. 

We got a fair bit of value out of that. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye maybe.

So we essentially had him for free for 5 months? It’s maybe wishful thinking, but potentially they could have included a small sell on beyond that

3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Not a chance there's a sell on for McLean. Shame never signed a new contract at any stage, we should have made decent money on him. Although its easy to forget just how inconsistent he was, maybe a decent offer never would have came.

I don't think he was inconsistent throughout the season he just started every season a mile off the pace but once he was up to speed he was pretty steady form wise.