Where Are They Now

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Where did he say that? 

Presumably still has a house in the Northampton area? Around 60 miles from there to Walsall so commutable although I think I'd tire of that drive 5 or 6 days a week pdq.

If he meant from the Merseyside area then you are looking at 100 miles each way. That would fuck me off within a week

An hour's commute from their house apparently. All other offers were from further afield.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:18 AM, alscotoz said:

Glad he's gone. Utter pish and before anyone comes back and says he was one of our best last season, what exactly does that prove?

Time's up.

We were shite last season.

If you look at the data analysis stats for SPL central defenders since Ash came back to the club he ranks very highly for the defensive work but i don't think anyone would be surprised that it is his stats in possession of the ball where he is not so good.

When it comes to aerial supremecy he is ranked as second best defender in SPL at winning 75..7% of his 8.7 aerial duals per 90 mins. The average stat of a SPL CD was 7.7 aerial duals per 90 and 64.97% of duals were won. (Declan Gallagher is at 65% of his 8.9 duals per 90).

When it comes to defensive duals on the ground Ash won 72.4% of his 5.6 defensive duals per 90 mins,  the average was to win 71% of 6.54 duels per 90 mins.  (Gallagher won 74.2% of 8.4 duals per 90mins) 

On football intelligence when it came to central defending its about reading the game so the stats looked at were interceptions per 90 and blocked shots. Ash made 7.3 interceptions per 90 and 0.68 blocked shots per 90. The average was 6.12 interceptions and 0.66 shots blocked per 90 (Gallagher was 5.8 intercptions and 0.43 blocked shots).

when it comes to stats when on the ball the average passes per 90 for an SPL central defender is 37.37 and the average accuracy was 80.15 and the average number of forward passes per 90 was 17.69. Ash had 32 passes per 90 with a 73% accuracy and 8.1 forward passes per 90  (Gallagher had 40 passes par game with a 79% accuracy and 18.9 forward passes). 

The last stat looked at is progressive runs and progressive passes. the average number of progressive runs per 90 is 0.87 and the average number of progressive passes is 8.7. Ash made 0.15 progressive runs and 8.1 progressive passes (Declan Gallagher made 1.6 progressive runs 9.5 progressive passes per 90). 

So the stats would show that he was a good standard of defender when it came to just defending but he was useless on the ball. Also looks like Gallagher will be an upgrade when on the ball but not as good defending in the air and not good at all when it comes to reading the game with below average spl defender stats for blocks and interceptions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

If you look at the data analysis stats for SPL central defenders since Ash came back to the club he ranks very highly for the defensive work but i don't think anyone would be surprised that it is his stats in possession of the ball where he is not so good.

When it comes to aerial supremecy he is ranked as second best defender in SPL at winning 75..7% of his 8.7 aerial duals per 90 mins. The average stat of a SPL CD was 7.7 aerial duals per 90 and 64.97% of duals were won. (Declan Gallagher is at 65% of his 8.9 duals per 90).

When it comes to defensive duals on the ground Ash won 72.4% of his 5.6 defensive duals per 90 mins,  the average was to win 71% of 6.54 duels per 90 mins.  (Gallagher won 74.2% of 8.4 duals per 90mins) 

On football intelligence when it came to central defending its about reading the game so the stats looked at were interceptions per 90 and blocked shots. Ash made 7.3 interceptions per 90 and 0.68 blocked shots per 90. The average was 6.12 interceptions and 0.66 shots blocked per 90 (Gallagher was 5.8 intercptions and 0.43 blocked shots).

when it comes to stats when on the ball the average passes per 90 for an SPL central defender is 37.37 and the average accuracy was 80.15 and the average number of forward passes per 90 was 17.69. Ash had 32 passes per 90 with a 73% accuracy and 8.1 forward passes per 90  (Gallagher had 40 passes par game with a 79% accuracy and 18.9 forward passes). 

The last stat looked at is progressive runs and progressive passes. the average number of progressive runs per 90 is 0.87 and the average number of progressive passes is 8.7. Ash made 0.15 progressive runs and 8.1 progressive passes (Declan Gallagher made 1.6 progressive runs 9.5 progressive passes per 90). 

So the stats would show that he was a good standard of defender when it came to just defending but he was useless on the ball. Also looks like Gallagher will be an upgrade when on the ball but not as good defending in the air and not good at all when it comes to reading the game with below average spl defender stats for blocks and interceptions. 

NRT

3 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

As an out and out defender, I thought he was very decent when he kept it simple. Playing in a back three probably helped him with him being asked to stay back as the central of a three and allowing the other CH’s either side to step forward.

Maybe that’s why he wasn’t considered to be a one of the 2 CH’s in a back 4

13 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Never gonna happen.

On 7/9/2021 at 1:35 PM, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Good post man. Interesting. Where did you get your stats from? 

Just now, afc1903mad said:

I certainly remember seeing people pushing for him to be given a chance. Maybe moreso on AbMad to be fair.

People almost unanimously questioned why he was getting extensions when we had Lewis and Cerny at the club. 

No much wonder the young lad went to Norwich in the middle of that period. Absolutely no reason why he shouldn't have been third choice instead of Rogers. 

11 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Maybe a woosh moment for me but he was left out of the England squad for the entire competition, not just the Italy game

11 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Are you fishing? I was going to say you're better than that...but then again. 

Shocker. Probably their best player in attacking midfield. I guess they would have won it if he was on instead of some of those jobbers.

and edit to say I try to know everything about scottish football and leave english football to reliable ladies and racists.

20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Shocker. Probably their best player in attacking midfield. I guess they would have won it if he was on instead of some of those jobbers.

and edit to say I try to know everything about scottish football and leave english football to reliable ladies and racists.

He was injured at the end of the campaign and probably weighed up that they had sufficient coverage in those attacking areas rather than add more risk to the already "at risk" category of those returning from injury (Maguire, Henderson etc)

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Generally I would have agreed, but he had a poor tournament by his standards to be fair

To be fair, did he not only start one game? I think given the same opportunity as Mason Mount he could have certainly had the same if not more impact than him.