Ke1t

Where Are They Now

4 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Ebbe comparing Super Kev to Helveg was it?

Mackie to Owen

I think it was another lad that was compared to Owen. Can’t remember his name, but he ended up not making it at Peterhead.

also don’t think he ever made the first team at Aberdeen.

ps. I think it was Bagshot or something?

Edited by OnceFaeMintlaw
Bagshit

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Stephen Payne was the new Beckham 

That was a classic. Played about 3 games and released. Football cliche thread 

I remember seeing him on a match day in his tracksuit just kicking about on the beachfront, I was about 14. It was just after the beckham praise and he was out of the squad already. 

I remember thinking he was rubbish 

Edit, he must be nearly 40, fuck! 

Edited by Poodler

Mind seeing Payne and Morrison playing the same game at fullback and thinking we had a couple of players.

Definitely shitfaced.

Bagshaw - scored a million goals at u18, none after that. Big in o&g last i heard. Funny how these ex-fitba players just fall into an o&g career (not including the recent batch of ando/reynolds/logan who’ve studied for it)

4 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Mind seeing Payne and Morrison playing the same game at fullback and thinking we had a couple of players.

Definitely shitfaced.

Bagshaw - scored a million goals at u18, none after that. Big in o&g last i heard. Funny how these ex-fitba players just fall into an o&g career (not including the recent batch of ando/reynolds/logan who’ve studied for it)

Fine pair of hair dos on them too.

I mind Payne having one good game away to Dundee. Think he put in a few crosses and the Beckham comparison came out after that match... then he was terrible.

Morrison had quite a few good games. We've seen worse full backs. Pretty sure we ditched him and replaced him with Byrne...

Don't think I ever actually saw Bagshaw. I'm sure he was getting Wayne Rooney comparisons cause he was gonna burst onto the scene at 16.... Mackie defo got the Owen comparison from Ebbe

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I mind Payne having one good game away to Dundee. Think he put in a few crosses and the Beckham comparison came out after that match... then he was terrible.

Morrison had quite a few good games. We've seen worse full backs. Pretty sure we ditched him and replaced him with Byrne...

Don't think I ever actually saw Bagshaw. I'm sure he was getting Wayne Rooney comparisons cause he was gonna burst onto the scene at 16.... Mackie defo got the Owen comparison from Ebbe

Morrison was beautiful 

Cute, actually 

• Downvote 2

Only time i saw Bigshot in person was in Espo. No coincidence that him and his two pals were the biggest wankers in the place.

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The Payne-Beckham comparison came from Steve Paterson after the new year's game against the tims in 2003. He put in a great cross to Darren Mackie when it was 1-1 at the paddock end only for the great man to fuck it up. 

What was the name of Cilla Black's show with Gordon Burns, and Bob Carolgees and Spit the Dog again😉

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Was he the Wank Sock loon?

What a thread that was. Halcion days 

On 1/21/2021 at 9:24 AM, Millertime said:

Morrison was beautiful 

Cute, actually 

The wee man looking like the postie yet mincermong?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Stockley to Charlton 

Cosgrove to Preston maybe? 

That'll be our hombre Alex Neil hooking us up again - what a guy 😎

Frank Ross - snapping his cruciate ligament playing for Go Ahead Eagles.

4 minutes ago, Dad said:

That'll be our hombre Alex Neil hooking us up again - what a guy 😎

Hopefully feels guilty after flogging us a crocked Stevie May for 350k

A terrific cu...oh aye I forgot about that tbh 1970 son

Ah no

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cosgrove to Preston maybe? 

Like for like replacement. Hopefully...

3 minutes ago, Dad said:

A terrific cu...oh aye I forgot about that tbh 1970 son

Ah no

He'll bundle in Louis Moult for a discount 

Jack Grimmer currently playing for Wycombe, beating Tottenham.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:23 PM, Don Fonte said:

Frank Ross - snapping his cruciate ligament playing for Go Ahead Eagles.

Poor guy. Really hasn’t had any luck on the injury front.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

Jack Grimmer currently playing for Wycombe, beating Tottenham.

Looked solid at RB. Westhill loon. 

He was decent until son came on. 

On 1/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Hopefully feels guilty after flogging us a crocked Stevie May for 350k

Aye but Stevie is the reason Cosgrove scored 40 goals in 12 months apparently 

Stockport should count themselves lucky they have an assistant manager who was once considered for Celtic.

If things had worked out differently, he could have been managing at Liverpool.

No way have they taken that moron on! 

what can he possibly offer!

Edited by Poodler

Interesting that he's taking on an assistant role.  I always wondered why AFC couldn't come up with (caution - americanisms approaching) a defensive coach in Miller, a striking coach in say Mcghee, Simmie/Robson take the midfield etc.  And take in a figurehead Jack Ross type to deal with the tricky managerial stuff; contracts, PR, basic arithmetic etc etc.

10 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Interesting that he's taking on an assistant role.  I always wondered why AFC couldn't come up with (caution - americanisms approaching) a defensive coach in Miller, a striking coach in say Mcghee, Simmie/Robson take the midfield etc.  And take in a figurehead Jack Ross type to deal with the tricky managerial stuff; contracts, PR, basic arithmetic etc etc.

What so pay management salaries to coaches?

• Downvote 1

Are you arguing that Miller doesn't know a thing or two about defending, Simmie or Robson were kind of handy in midfield and Mcghee knew what the sticky thing with the nets attached was for?

Are you arguing that Miller knew fuck all about arithmetic, Robson couldn't spell arithmetic and Mcghee and PR, well enough said.

Or are you just arguing?

* Notice Im not using the Jim Leighton school of goalkeeper recruitment in my supposition right enough!

Edited by strachanmcgheegoal

17 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Are you arguing that Miller doesn't know a thing or two about defending, Simmie or Robson were kind of handy in midfield and Mcghee knew what the sticky thing with the nets attached was for?

Are you arguing that Miller knew fuck all about arithmetic, Robson couldn't spell arithmetic and Mcghee and PR, well enough said.

Or are you just arguing?

* Notice Im not using the Jim Leighton school of goalkeeper recruitment in my supposition right enough!

I'm saying simply

1) do you think that with them being managers, they would want to accept coach roles 

B) even if they did, they would command manager wages, so I'll say it again, why would we want to do that or even be able to 

:spanner: