Where Are They Now

6 hours ago, Roberto said:

I was wrong about Sammy in terms of goal return, but wasn't in terms of how truly horrific a player he was.

I've no idea why this came into my head, but whatever happened to Etienne Verveer?

Reminded me of the John Lambie story when Chic Charnly went down in the old days before concussion was a thing.

Lambie (from sideline): How is he?

Physio:  doesn’t know where he is boss.

Lambie:  well tell him he’s Pele and get him the fuck back on.

Just took Sammy longer to realise the Ballon Dor song wasn’t serious.  Still, good servant in his time and thanks for the cash.  Next.

4 hours ago, Henry said:

spacer.png

David Gonzalez

Still playing at 39 as of last season at Deportivo Cali, back in Colombia.

An awful awful keeper.

He was on loan from Man City wasn't he? Him and Nwakali? They should be due us someone who can actually play football as recompense. 

6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

An awful awful keeper.

He was on loan from Man City wasn't he? Him and Nwakali? They should be due us someone who can actually play football as recompense. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Marshall came from there as well. 

And a right back whose name escapes me. 

Makes you wonder just how many players they have on their books. Then absolutely none of them break into the first team.

Its horrible the way football clubs are ran now. So many players that could be heroes at other clubs just wasting their careers away with 90 loan spells and not being anywhere near as good as they probably think they are....

A classic career this

2009–2015 Reading 54 (3)
2009  Bracknell Town (loan) 3 (0)
2009  Didcot Town (loan) 3 (0)
2010  Havant & Waterlooville (loan) 1 (0)
2010  Oxford City (loan) 6 (0)
2010–2011  Horsham (loan) 11 (1)
2011  Dundalk (loan) 11 (2)
2011–2012  Barnet (loan) 27 (2)
2012  Shrewsbury Town (loan) 8 (0)
2012–2013  Aldershot Town (loan) 8 (1)
2013  Cheltenham Town (loan) 20 (1)
2013–2014  Aberdeen (loan) 20 (1)
2015–2019 Chelsea 0 (0)
2015–2016  Reading (loan) 26 (1)
2016–2017  Eintracht Frankfurt (loan) 22 (1)
2017–2018  Hull City (loan) 36 (1)
2018–2019  Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 37 (2)
2019– Fulham 21 (0)
5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Makes you wonder just how many players they have on their books. Then absolutely none of them break into the first team.

Its horrible the way football clubs are ran now. So many players that could be heroes at other clubs just wasting their careers away with 90 loan spells and not being anywhere near as good as they probably think they are....

A classic career this

2009–2015 Reading 54 (3)
2009  Bracknell Town (loan) 3 (0)
2009  Didcot Town (loan) 3 (0)
2010  Havant & Waterlooville (loan) 1 (0)
2010  Oxford City (loan) 6 (0)
2010–2011  Horsham (loan) 11 (1)
2011  Dundalk (loan) 11 (2)
2011–2012  Barnet (loan) 27 (2)
2012  Shrewsbury Town (loan) 8 (0)
2012–2013  Aldershot Town (loan) 8 (1)
2013  Cheltenham Town (loan) 20 (1)
2013–2014  Aberdeen (loan) 20 (1)
2015–2019 Chelsea 0 (0)
2015–2016  Reading (loan) 26 (1)
2016–2017  Eintracht Frankfurt (loan) 22 (1)
2017–2018  Hull City (loan) 36 (1)
2018–2019  Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 37 (2)
2019– Fulham 21 (0)

Aye they just stockpile young players for a few years.  A very small number make their first team squad, the rest get sold or freed. 

Thing is they can make decent money on this approach for the ones that get loaned out and subsequently sold so it's an enterprise in its own right. 

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Alan Tate is my all time favourite loan dud. 

Or maybe the agent's son that we had to take on loan as a sweetener. 

He'd had a decent career before he came up as well. Couldnt have been that old? I mind Swansea fans saying he would absolutely walk the Scottish league... standard comment from the (fake) English.

Quite sad that Alan Tate has a League Cup winners medal but stalwarts like Mclean, Shinnie and Lewis won absolutely fuck all

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He'd had a decent career before he came up as well. Couldnt have been that old? I mind Swansea fans saying he would absolutely walk the Scottish league... standard comment from the (fake) English.

Quite sad that Alan Tate has a League Cup winners medal but stalwarts like Mclean, Shinnie and Lewis won absolutely fuck all

Nae sure about walking but he had a funny way of running. 

51 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Javan Vidal

Last spotted at Kettering Town, along with Jevan Anderson

54 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Alan Tate is my all time favourite loan dud. 

Or maybe the agent's son that we had to take on loan as a sweetener. 

Alan Tate - coach at Swansea

Myles Anderson - released by Weymouth

49 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Jarrod Hodgkiss aye. Some belters we have had over the years. 

Ryan McLaughlin from Liverpool too. 

Hodgkiss - skipper at Hereford

McLaughlin - no club. Fucks about on twitch, and runs a boxing podcast apparently. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Javan Vidal

Best thing about his time at the club was played one game think he got subbed after coming on or he was subbed of early. After the game the game the interviewer asked calderwood “why did you take of Vidal so soon” joke went completely over his head 

23 hours ago, Roberto said:

I was wrong about Sammy in terms of goal return, but wasn't in terms of how truly horrific a player he was.

I've no idea why this came into my head, but whatever happened to Etienne Verveer?

The dutchman works in a bar in the Netherlands 

My friend got speaking to him a few years ago as he asked to watch an Aberdeen game and Verveer mentioned that he was on trial with us.

The quiet polite conversation was interrupted by some jakey dressed in charity shop Paul Smith and tatty Dunlop trainers pissing himself in the corner of the bar and asking where the crew were. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

The dutchman works in a bar in the Netherlands 

My friend got speaking to him a few years ago as he asked to watch an Aberdeen game and Verveer mentioned that he was on trial with us.

The quiet polite conversation was interrupted by some jakey dressed in charity shop Paul Smith and tatty Dunlop trainers pissing himself in the corner of the bar and asking where the crew were. 

Ha did he then fall into a canal?

17 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Jarrod Hodgkiss aye. Some belters we have had over the years. 

Ryan McLaughlin from Liverpool too. 

McLaughlin put in one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen in a dons shirt in a hibs cup game at ER (we went out)

im not very vocal at the fitba but I mind skirling at him