Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

26 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Best debut albums of all time include The Clash and Led Zeppelin. They are probably the top two. Notable mentions to Arctics (who I went cold on real quick thereafter), The View and most recently Fontaines. 

You've been good since you came back but disagree on the Arctics and F DC. 

is there a best debut album thread? I expect there will be! 

id certainly agree re self titled clash though. Cover to cover, bloody great. 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'm not comparing it to the original album version. I compared it to the live version you posted and I prefer the slow extraction of the essence of the music and the art within the lyrics to that particular clumsy confused are-we-meant-to-act-punklike-to-this-audience non-musical rendition. 

fair enough , i wouldn't listen to it twice . Not a put down 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Unclear thinking for a couple of reasons. You're not my judge and the fact I gave a notable mention to three debut albums that I like isn't an area to disagree on. Taste is not like facts. We like or dislike to various degrees and a hundred people will have a hundred different outlooks. 

I think in your absence you may have missed my rise to prominent musical guru of the board. So whilst yes, musical opinion is that of the beholder, I have the final say on what constitutes a good album. I'm not judging you as a person, I'm just telling you your opinion on this matter is wrong.

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Staggering example of the power and musicality of one man right here. The intelligence, originality and fuck you attitude burns bright.

I've shown that piece of writing to so many people. At all times of day or night. JUST LOOK AT THIS. I don't get invited back to much parties anymore.

he not busy being born is busy dying.

24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Not everyone will be old enough but Led Zeppelin I was a phenomenal debut album, one of the best first albums of all time and yet in my opinion was not their best. If put on the spot I couldn't give a definite opinion of what was their best and whilst I don't agree with the many who say IV was their best, I would probably take Physical Graffiti or perhaps the underrated Presence with me to the desert island ? 

Communication breakdown and particularly Babe I'm gonna leave you were fresh and new music 51 years ago when it came out. 

Another great band i didn't appreciate until later in life. The ipod and sharing music was a revelation to me 

7 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

See another thing @Poodler , that record shop /cafe isn't very inviting from the outside. Unless youre looking for it then you barely know it's there. Has to have better kerb appeal. 

You raise a good point Hanzoid

he did have a big sign outside. Council said the overhang was too much, now not allowed anything. 

used to have wooden boards on union street and in that open space beside M&S directing people to it. Council said they weren't allowed.

incredibly difficult to be an independent business with those disgusting pigs in the council raising your fees to pay for that unused office space on broad street 

18 minutes ago, Poodler said:

You raise a good point Hanzoid

he did have a big sign outside. Council said the overhang was too much, now not allowed anything. 

used to have wooden boards on union street and in that open space beside M&S directing people to it. Council said they weren't allowed.

incredibly difficult to be an independent business with those disgusting pigs in the council raising your fees to pay for that unused office space on broad street 

I hate ACC as much as i hate huns. Clueless cunts

• Downvote 1