Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

Used to see him going about George Street late at night, always wearing a dress. Got the name from the way he walked. Not an attention seeker like the highlander.

Shakie Heid Mannie came on the go just about the time camera phones became popular.

There used to be heaps of video clips of him on youtube but they got removed due to complaints.

Will never forget walking up union street beside the music hall one night hearing a clattering noise. turned round to see Shakie heid bombing past us in a dress and fur coat c/w golf bag with 1 driver in it. Funny as f*ck but a shame looking back. was funny at the time.

He used to just appear out of nowhere with random objects. Seen him once ina doorway with a kids bike, an ironing board and a bag of sand. Crazy.

George Street is beautiful.

The Co-Op is sensational, despite the fact that the lazy cunts who work there close the shop at 21:50 as opposed to the proper time of 22:00.

How can a convenience store, especially a Co-op be described as 'sensational'? What do they sell that leaves the likes of 'Day Today' and 'Nisa' shops trailing behind and simply mediocre as opposed to sensational :sherlock:

Aye and the on on Rosemount is simply daylight robbery. I expect it to close within the year, what with Sainsbury's across the road now.

Not sure where Rosemount is, but the one I was in was just up from the music hall and funnily enough had a Sainsburys right beside it. Presumably only one will survive ultimately (my moneys on the slightly more sensational Sainsburys). Also the tramp who likes hanging about the bus stop outside the front door, with his Pepsi max bottle full of piss, does not give the place a sensational vibe.

Not sure where Rosemount is, but the one I was in was just up from the music hall and funnily enough had a Sainsburys right beside it. Presumably only one will survive ultimately (my moneys on the slightly more sensational Sainsburys). Also the tramp who likes hanging about the bus stop outside the front door, with his Pepsi max bottle full of piss, does not give the place a sensational vibe.

Both will survive, as both are always heaving. Co-op has got a far greater selection, especially with fresh produce. The Sainsburys is all about convenience.

Which one?

On that note, what has caused the invasion of wee Sainsburys stores in the City Centre of Aberdeen?

There are 6 of the feckers now.

Can't say that I've sampled them all, but the one in the St. Nicholas centre is simply sublime. Also, it is open to 23:00 every night of the week.

George street Co-Op, take note.

Can't say that I've sampled them all, but the one in the St. Nicholas centre is simply sublime. Also, it is open to 23:00 every night of the week.

George street Co-Op, take note.

I went on google streetview to see the sensational co-op, sadly I was disappointed. I did see the 524 lounge though, now that looks sensational.

I went on google streetview to see the sensational co-op, sadly I was disappointed. I did see the 524 lounge though, now that looks sensational.

That's not been updated this year.

It's much better these days than when Google last came with their streetcar.

The 524 has went downhill since then as well.

That's not been updated this year.

It's much better these days than when Google last came with their streetcar.

The 524 has went downhill since then as well.

I did notice that it was the old Co-op signage, the fancy new style one is pretty sensational right enough.

I've read that place mentioned on here a few times, anyone been in? I like how there's even dodgies hanging about outside when the google motor went by.