Gothenburg Anniversary Dinner 11Th May 2013

Dynamo

The lot of you settle yoursels Doon before Kelt comes over there and turns you into impromptu sex toys.

Jealous as fuck of all who attended... post pictures and video for the poor fuckers Luke myself who couldn't make it.

• Site Sponsor

Settle down Black4Boss - the guy was alright and you've made yourself look silly by saying you'd give him a lesson, ridiculous thing to say. Just settle loon.

Anyways, some night I had. Good meeting a few faces, and Karl Fletcher the Mr. Nice Guy - he was a fair mess like, albeit I think Tommy takes the trophy of biggest wreck, some loon. I think LondonScottish was well on his way later on, as was BruceG. Everyone in good spirits though.

Comedian wasn't the greatest but to be fair, I gave him a bit of respect rather than shouting out at him - thought that was uncalled for at times. You may not enjoy him but others may so just leave him be.

It was a very well organised night, hats off to Dom and RTYD, it was a very well organised night and have done superb to get the amount of money they did.

I was going for the Gleneagles Villa for 1 night (for 6 folk) and a round of golf, wasn't going to bid again until an extra night was thrown in...went to £1600 - luckily the person bidding with me pulled out and it was Roberto's.

The speakers, Richard Gordon did very well - must have been like pulling out teeth when he was in the chair with Doug Rougvie - he was just not interested in giving much of a talk, was disappointed with him - but Kennedy more than made up for that, what a laugh he was - top guy. Dougie Bell also, really found him a decent guy.

Anyways, thanks again to Dom and RTYD - had a superb evening and a great laugh.

To be fair to Big Doug Rougvie I think he was just very nervous. Fair play that he actually agreed to help and accepted his discomfort.

Sounds like an amazing night - well done to all the organisers!

Incidentally though, I was watching the Man United vs Swansea match, last night on Aussie TV, and the commentators actually started talking about the Gothenburg dinner in Aberdeen on Saturday night. They reckoned Fergies nose was put out of joint because he didn't receive an invite! Maybe a bit of artistic license, but they were banging on about it, saying the organisers hadn't invited him on the assumption that he wouldn't be able to make it!

To be fair to Big Doug Rougvie I think he was just very nervous. Fair play that he actually agreed to help and accepted his discomfort.

Off the pitch he is indeed a shy person and as said, credit that he appeared unlike those who didn't have the decency

to respond to the invite.

With the shape that Tommy was in - the ones who never responded to the invites may well have been there, he would be none the wiser haha.

ha ha, i was still capable of bidding for Gleneagles to keep you bidding. ;)

Every now and then you get a bad coke that fucks up the voddie.

Haha, aye you weren't best pleased with me for winning it. :).

I didn't actually notice who it was who was taking my name after winning it, so apologies for not chatting with you Mr. Sullivan - was too busy trying to drunkenly write my correct card details.

Luckily the wife wasn't too pissed off with me either. Phew.

Aye mate i never realised you didn't know it was Graham at the time until i told you who he was

Settle down Black4Boss - the guy was alright and you've made yourself look silly by saying you'd give him a lesson, ridiculous thing to say. Just settle loon.

Anyways, some night I had. Good meeting a few faces, and Karl Fletcher the Mr. Nice Guy - he was a fair mess like, albeit I think Tommy takes the trophy of biggest wreck, some loon. I think LondonScottish was well on his way later on, as was BruceG. Everyone in good spirits though.

Comedian wasn't the greatest but to be fair, I gave him a bit of respect rather than shouting out at him - thought that was uncalled for at times. You may not enjoy him but others may so just leave him be.

It was a very well organised night, hats off to Dom and RTYD, it was a very well organised night and have done superb to get the amount of money they did.

I was going for the Gleneagles Villa for 1 night (for 6 folk) and a round of golf, wasn't going to bid again until an extra night was thrown in...went to £1600 - luckily the person bidding with me pulled out and it was Roberto's.

The speakers, Richard Gordon did very well - must have been like pulling out teeth when he was in the chair with Doug Rougvie - he was just not interested in giving much of a talk, was disappointed with him - but Kennedy more than made up for that, what a laugh he was - top guy. Dougie Bell also, really found him a decent guy.

Anyways, thanks again to Dom and RTYD - had a superb evening and a great laugh.

Aye, it was the group of lads on the table next to ours that were heckling the comedian.

Fair enough he wasn't that funny, but those guys were out of order IMO.

Aye, it's fair to say yesterday was a stuggle at times. Worth it though, what a night.

He was pretty gutted like, especially considering he's just bought a house. I recall shouting "£450" when one of the other items were being auctioned.

Was fairly relieved for someone to shout "£500" soon after :whistling:

• Site Sponsor

Sounds like an amazing night - well done to all the organisers!

Incidentally though, I was watching the Man United vs Swansea match, last night on Aussie TV, and the commentators actually started talking about the Gothenburg dinner in Aberdeen on Saturday night. They reckoned Fergies nose was put out of joint because he didn't receive an invite! Maybe a bit of artistic license, but they were banging on about it, saying the organisers hadn't invited him on the assumption that he wouldn't be able to make it!

The organisers did not invite him because he ignored our invitation to last year's event when we wanted him to be the headline speaker. We got no reply so we didn't think he was interested.

• Site Sponsor

We still need to collect a lot of the cash from the auction items and await some bills from the hotel, but looking like we raised over £37,000 which will go to the youth development programme.

Thanks to all of you who helped.

• Upvote 8

We still need to collect a lot of the cash from the auction items and await some bills from the hotel, but looking like we raised over £37,000 which will go to the youth development programme.

Thanks to all of you who helped.

A fantastic effort, well done.

Miller's dishing out plaudits in his column in the evening express.

To him and the other Gothenburg Greats.

You have the mulah out of my account I noticed earlier.

Oocha.

What a superb effort though lads, I can't praise you enough, one of the best nights out I've had in a very long time that's for sure.

Must be a hard life being Captain Oil...

• Site Sponsor

A fantastic effort, well done.

Miller's dishing out plaudits in his column in the evening express.

To him and the other Gothenburg Greats.

Aye I noticed that. Hey ho, we're not doing this for pats on our backs. As long as the important folk understand that it is supporters who are behind this initiative.

Supporters the lifeblood of any club.

If any of you guys want to help, suggest, etc. for the years to come then PM us.

• Site Sponsor

You have the mulah out of my account I noticed earlier.

Oocha.

What a superb effort though lads, I can't praise you enough, one of the best nights out I've had in a very long time that's for sure.

Yip, didn't want to wait for you to sober up!!

Give me a shout and I'll talk you trhough all of the details of the item at Gleneagles.