Gothenburg Anniversary Dinner 11Th May 2013

Dynamo

Oh ma heid. Brilliant, brilliant night. RTYD, Dom, and everyone involved in organising last night, I tip my hat to you. Left with something money can't buy.bazu7uba.jpg

I did wonder if you were on that table but couldn't tell who you were mate, but I remember seeing you wave that about lol! I was directly over from you guys sitting with Roberto who is £1600 lighter today ;)

• Site Sponsor

Ronaldo went for £1k and Messi for £2.6k

LS is a mate of ours, he met Tommy for a pint in afternoon and was a last minute addition to our table.

He donated the Bayern shirt signed by the Gothenburg greats. We got it for £600 and I think folk missed a trick with that one!

• Site Sponsor

I think I had a good night.

Met some real nice people.

Well done RTYD n Dom and thanks for lift home Dom!

Me and the Loon can confirm that you most definitely had a good night, Tommy -lol.

Nae sweat on the lift, min.

Hope you made it in the front door and Didna sleep on the doormat all night!

if i was selling the auction items i wudve got them chapped out quicker don't know where the gentleman learned to auction stuff but he was affa slow proper auctioneering is about speed and getting throught the lots .

Was all about raising as much money as possible. By all accounts they did that, and more

• Site Sponsor

if i was selling the auction items i wudve got them chapped out quicker don't know where the gentleman learned to auction stuff but he was affa slow proper auctioneering is about speed and getting throught the lots .

He did a great job and we raised a bundle of cash on the auction.

He will be back next time too.

I had a cracking night, left before the auction though as I didn't trust myself and also had somewhere else to be but up until that point it was superb, Richard Gordon was fantastic, I think when he swore at the start everyone in the room almost spunked, Kennedy was out of this world too, the story on Fergie after the knee inury was brilliant.

Cheers to all those involved in getting this going, look forward to the next one.

auctioneers are taught to start at a higher price then drop down to a starting bid, also know whan to pluck bids from the sky when required, i am just saying that say something is stick at £400, if he had taken £50 pound bids instead of the £100 ones, thn it is a proven fact that the lot for sale would sell for at least £450 obviusly £50 more than the £400 sticking price, but over 90% of the time the lot will then travel an extra £100- £150. if you add this to every lot then you are looking at well over a grand more, but if folk are happy at the prices rasied then thats all that matters.

Also there were a load of bids down beside us that he missed granted it was'nt easy to spot everyone.

Just trying to be of help, happy to give him a lesson for next time if he wants!

• Site Sponsor

does it really matter?

Sounds like it was a great night and more importantly a large sum of money has been raised for a great cause. Well done to all involved

Correct, Liam

Steve did very well and raised in excess of £11k at the auction which is in excess of our estimate.

The boy done well and helped us raise a significant sum

does it really matter?

Sounds like it was a great night and more importantly a large sum of money has been raised for a great cause. Well done to all involved

depend i thought the whole idea was to raise as much as possible, just trying to help towards that aim. trying to use personal experience,

the auctioneer has to try to capture the audiences attention, a rat tat tat style is far more likely to do that also gives folk less time to think about what they are bidding hence they often bid more than they want to.

• Downvote 2
  • Site Sponsor

depend i thought the whole idea was to raise as much as possible, just trying to help towards that aim. trying to use personal experience,

the auctioneer has to try to capture the audiences attention, a rat tat tat style is far more likely to do that also gives folk less time to think about what they are bidding hence they often bid more than they want to.

Steve gave his time and effort on the night free, gratis and for nothing.

He raised a sum well in excess of our estimate.

We were delighted with his efforts on the night.

He helped us raise over £11k toward our goal.

Bottom line is that's all that matters

• Upvote 1

Will you shut the fuck up you boring prick, wish Black smacked you or something.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Will you shut the fuck up you boring prick, wish Black smacked you or something.

sorry to sound bumtious, perhaps i took it too seriously, just spent so many years learning from so many auctioneers how to sell, what and when, just always looking fro things to be done right.

but minijc i am sure you have a world of experience in auctions no doubt having watch numerous episodes of bargain hunt, or flog it.

point taken , apologies

• Upvote 1

A chance to wallop ericblack4boss in the chops, let's start the bidding at £5

aye i'll give you a fucking tenner pal, and i'll tell you what , you and minijc can fucking pair up if you like , and bring your fucking dinner cos when im done you'll be fucking needing it.

christ ive handled 400 kg bulls so im sure you and him will be fuck all compared to that.

aye i'll give you a fucking tenner pal, and i'll tell you what , you and minijc can fucking pair up if you like , and bring your fucking dinner cos when im done you'll be fucking needing it.

christ ive handled 400 kg bulls so im sure you and him will be fuck all compared to that.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

• Upvote 1