Sevco Thread

Spurs will be looking for a manager soon, if offered he certainly won’t turn them down

Careful what you wish for. If he does land a job in England soon you can guarantee his first thought will be to offer sevco  £20million for Harvey. Keeping their business model afloat for a while longer

It’ll be a barometer for sure. If he stays he’s obviously thinking they’ve at least a shout of the number 1 spot, something you’d have laughed at (I did) when he started.

That said I doubt he’s looking at Lampard struggling for relative mediocrity and thinking ooo I fancy some of that. It’s not like Liverpool, the job he obviously wants, are particularly shite just now.

Careful what you wish for. If he does land a job in England soon you can guarantee his first thought will be to offer sevco £20million for Harvey. Keeping their business model afloat for a while longer

I know what you mean but that’s their dilemma. Can they win the league without Gerard’s drive and well tanned Michelin Mans goals? Doubt it.

Can they go another year at those kind of losses being 2nd? A gamble.

It’ll be a barometer for sure. If he stays he’s obviously thinking they’ve at least a shout of the number 1 spot, something you’d have laughed at (I did) when he started.

That said I doubt he’s looking at Lampard struggling for relative mediocrity and thinking ooo I fancy some of that. It’s not like Liverpool, the job he obviously wants, are particularly shite just now.

Chelsea are up to third with their youngest team in over 30 years.

Lamoard is doing a better job than I thought. Quite impressive so far.

A friend of mine was pretty confident that Liverpool are paying a decent slice of Gerard's wages, and viewing it as work experience for him before he gets there Liverpool job. Doubt he's going anywhere else.

Can't quite see that.

If they rated him so much he'd surely have been coaching the first team not the u-19 or whatever.

I'm not sure they rated him much at all tbh.

Yet others supposedly "ITK" say that Liverpool thought he was a walking disaster in charge of their youth team and were glad to see the back of him. Whilst others are adamant at sevco that Gerrard is purely the "face" of the operation, and that the brains lie within his coaching team.

FWIW...if Brendan jumped ship from the Dhims the instant Leicester came calling, you can be sure that Gerrard would do so too if Arsenal came calling. He's still won fuck all at sevco, and if he doesn't land a trophy this season he will be collecting his P45

A friend of mine was pretty confident that Liverpool are paying a decent slice of Gerard's wages, and viewing it as work experience for him before he gets there Liverpool job. Doubt he's going anywhere else.

There’s no way that can be true. What would the logic be?

He would be back to Liverpool in a shot if offered the job so it’s not like they would need to do it as a retainer.

There’s no way that can be true. What would the logic be?

He would be back to Liverpool in a shot if offered the job so it’s not like they would need to do it as a retainer.

The logic: It's inevitable that he's going to get the Liverpool job at some stage, so the directors would rather he came with experience of managing at a level higher than u19, preferably with European experience. They were paying him anyway, so they don't lose much by paying him to do what he's doing now.

My chum is generally reliable, but of course it could be nonsense.