Sevco Thread

I disagree NEM. It't the effect of being associated with Perth which has never been a Football town. How many St Johnstone fans have you met in your life? i don't know a single one.

They’ve never had huge crowds but they didn’t hand the old firm 3/4’s of their ground when they were at Muirton

That was a one-off. That's pretty much established and accepted.

AFC have a core support of 10k.

Totally was.

I think the opponents enhanced the support as I think most of us expected to wipe the floor against a non OF team. Was only Celtic who were credible opponents back then.

Instead we toiled and participated in perhaps one of the worst finals in a good while.

There were loads of non dons fans there, I know a group of folk travelled from Shetland, out of the dozen or so there, only about a third were dons fans.

That's true. Some weren't Dons fans and others claimed to be but had probably never been to a Dons game in their life and wont have attended any since that day.

Had the 9000 unsold seats above the ICT fans ever gone on sale we had enough demand to sell them all so we could actually have had 53,000 fans there that day.

I still say had the huns or Celtic been playing ICT that day that those tickets would have somehow been made available to them.

That's true. Some weren't Dons fans and others claimed to be but had probably never been to a Dons game in their life and wont have attended any since that day.

Had the 9000 unsold seats above the ICT fans ever gone on sale we had enough demand to sell them all so we could actually have had 53,000 fans there that day.

I still say had the huns or Celtic been playing ICT that day that those tickets would have somehow been made available to them.

There has been Celtic fans above us in the South Stand at the last few finals we were in.

Really keen to see the maths you used to work out a third of the 40k were actual Aberdeen fans

Go on, this will be good...

The numbers were the numbers, out of the dozen folk down on the ferry from Shetland, from memory, there were 4 dons fans, at least 1 hun and 1 tim fan. The rest only ever went to Scotland games.

As for the rest of the crowd, I saw a lot of families with and old folk, whether they were dons fans or no, I couldn't tell you.

I dont think the regulars would drop at all if that happened

sorry, but you’re going hell for leather to advocate more tickets for them.

Im a season ticket holder in the south stand and if I had to move again to accommodate them then I’d definitely make my opinion known and may indeed tell the club they are disrespecting our fans.

You mentioned an additional £100k (you’re maths are not correct but let’s go with it), we’ll I’d happily pay the additional £25 or so per season on my season ticket NOT to give the bigot brothers more seats

So the "third of the 40k were Don's fans" CANT be substanciated?

Shock horror

He never said only a third of the 40k were dons fans, he said about a third of the dozen from Shetland were dons fans.

Exactly MHD, it's not really a surprise that mongotime didn't read my post prior to jumping in and spouting pish.

That final was a one off, lots of neutrals and fair weather fans out that day.

• Upvote 1

Perfectly obvious that there were a load of daytripper / non-regular fans at the LC final, there were so many families there who were treating it as a day out. And why not? It didn't have any of the rancour or hassle of a cup final against either half of the filth, it was a national cup final and a guarantee of a huge Dons support. 

Subsequent finals against Celtic have given a truer reflection of our potential away support number - around the 20k mark. 

As for giving the OF more tickets at Pittodrie - GET RIGHT TAE FUCK. 

• Upvote 1

Despite the win and the excitement of pens what a load of pish that game was.

Bet there were’t many first timers ever returned.

Probably a few guys took their wife’s and got accused of having an affair as it would be impossible to watch that shite every week.

Spot on, I took mine and was the first and last game she has ever went to

Short answer is she wanted to come as she has no affiliation to football, as I travel myself to Pittodrie she feels sorry for me going aw the way up there masell,so she found out it was in Glasgow and jumped on the bandwagon!, there is no fellow don were iam