Sevco Thread

The Huns really are a tin pot outfit.  Here's a selection of posts on ff which are pretty consistent throughout. 

Do the Chinese-made "Pro" kits have Tomket Tires on the sleeve?

Weren't we told Tomket Tires would only feature on the Pro kit?

Sent back all the blue gear and the Turkey home top with the collar stitched on sideways

I got the travel soft shell and the Rangers badge was peeling coming out of the bag

Alibaba is an Indian wholesaler i think and they are are selling our strips for peanuts.

Surely these aren't the same ones Castore are buying then sticking their own emblem on?

• Upvote 1

The training gear I bought is made in Turkey and it’s falling apart (bobbling, zips coming away inside joggers at bottom of leg) after 2-3 wears without having been washed yet. Looks like the majority of stuff in circulation so far is from Turkey so that will be the first stuff made.

The kit was never intended to make it as far as a washing machine. 

32 minutes ago, BitWait said:

The training gear I bought is made in Turkey and it’s falling apart (bobbling, zips coming away inside joggers at bottom of leg) after 2-3 wears without having been washed yet. Looks like the majority of stuff in circulation so far is from Turkey so that will be the first stuff made.

The kit was never intended to make it as far as a washing machine. 

Sounds like the makers know their clientele

• Upvote 6
8 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

There's been nothing to suggest that Kent has increased his value while at Sevco (let alone 4 times).

He has without doubt been their best performer by a country mile this season...….although last season he was no great shakes except when he played against us and a couple of European matches. And the weegia have been bumming him up incessantly since the Leeds rumour surfaced.

Of course sevco have him on a long term contract are entitled to value him at whatever they like. But I think its the sevconian hordes who have slapped the utterly ridiculous valuation that pocrawred quoted....not Slippy himself or sevco as a club.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He has without doubt been their best performer by a country mile this season...….although last season he was no great shakes except when he played against us and a couple of European matches. And the weegia have been bumming him up incessantly since the Leeds rumour surfaced.

Of course sevco have him on a long term contract are entitled to value him at whatever they like. But I think its the sevconian hordes who have slapped the utterly ridiculous valuation that pocrawred quoted....not Slippy himself or sevco as a club.

Ryan Kent is an English Championship level player. 
But English Championship players do get transferred for £15m+ fairly regularly.

As I mentioned yesterday, some centre half I don’t know, & who hasn’t played a game in the EPL, had a £35m bid rejected for him yesterday. Leeds had the boy on loan last season & wanted to sign him permanently even though he’s only played as high as the Championship. 

As much as the huns may be strapped & are desperately needing money, they’re right to (allegedly) turn down £8.5m plus add ons.

Leeds are more than capable of taking that to £15m if they wanted. 

7 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Looking online, the english newspapers has no mention of Kunt to leeds at all but a few mention the tim edouard £30million to villa. 

I had a look at leeds forums and kunt doesna get a mention there either!! 

The English tend to rate Scottish football as on a par with North Macedonia or Burkina Faso. Even though sevco paid £6.5m for him...it's doubtful that transaction made any headlines in the English press so it's likely the majority of the punters down there have little or no idea who he is...…...essentially a Liverpool reserve who was utterly shite on every loan he was sent on except when he went to sevco. 

27 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The English tend to rate Scottish football as on a par with North Macedonia or Burkina Faso. Even though sevco paid £6.5m for him...it's doubtful that transaction made any headlines in the English press so it's likely the majority of the punters down there have little or no idea who he is...…...essentially a Liverpool reserve who was utterly shite on every loan he was sent on except when he went to sevco. 

His stats last year were pretty atrocious, but to be fair, he does seem to be the main spark for SevCo at the moment.

They're expecting Morelos to move and have already secured replacements in the team.

Selling Kent may help them commercially, but would impact their effectiveness this season

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ryan Kent is an English Championship level player. 
But English Championship players do get transferred for £15m+ fairly regularly.

As I mentioned yesterday, some centre half I don’t know, & who hasn’t played a game in the EPL, had a £35m bid rejected for him yesterday. Leeds had the boy on loan last season & wanted to sign him permanently even though he’s only played as high as the Championship. 

As much as the huns may be strapped & are desperately needing money, they’re right to (allegedly) turn down £8.5m plus add ons.

Leeds are more than capable of taking that to £15m if they wanted. 

Except Leeds won’t. The huns get their pals in the media to make up stories and inflate the value of the hun players. They need the money as they are a financial basket-case. They were clearly banking on Morelos going for big money and that hilariously looks like it’s backfired.

As I have said before, we will see all manner of nonsense this season as they try to stop Celtic winning the league. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Why would sevco lie about it and leave themselves open to a larger tax bill???  (£6.5 m btw)

Because they will incur tax on the actual figure which will be hidden in their annual accounts, not a media generated PR figure to appease the deluded Sevco hoardes who will believe whatever they are fed in order to continue the perception that they can still compete with Celtic.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
6 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

The Retard now claiming Leeds are 'expected' to offer £14m for Kunt this week,  with absolutely nothing to back it up.  How can his value have more than doubled after a mediocre season in Scotland?  Considine scored more goals than him last season ffs! 

Leeds have to pay what sevco ask..simples. Sevco are well aware that Leeds have money to burn. 

It's just a big game of risk/reward. Sevco need to balance the books so one of Kent or Morelos has to go. I'm sure they'd rather it was Morelos at this time. But Kent is the one in form right now, they keep playing him of course so each week they risk him copping an injury that would scupper any potential transfer. Look what happened to us after the Villa offer for McKenna (although I thought we were correct to refuse it at the time..a loan/trial for 6 months would always come with a get-out clause). We'd be very fortunate to get half of their bid now.

Hearing that Morelos has totally lost it.

Got skeetered out his bronson on 'ludes and crank, carjacked a double-decker bus full of schoolkids and drove it into the window of the Rangers shop, wearing only a rainbow fanny-pack and a MAGA hat.

Currently holed out in a hostage situation at a semi-detached in Milngavie, threatening to kill himself & three nuns unless he is brought a kilo of blue-flake cocaine and a dozen steakbakes.

Personally I was sceptical about the MAGA hat, but the source is excellent.

• Downvote 5