Sevco Thread

Rangers and Celtic are lucky bastards in this as they are losing close to nothing from PATG fans. The are obviously missing merchandise, hospitality and catering revenue from match days but a lot of that will be offset by not having to run the matches. 

The real sore one for those two is no gate income from the european games which is normally printing money for them.

Celtic are even being fly bastards by not offering any PPV to PATG fans so that the season tickets are not devalued in any way.

The likes of AFC and Rangers are charging 10-12£ a game for PPV which obviously means you could have season ticket holders looking for £10/game returned at some point in the future.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I'm still not convinced Celtic and Rangers are in the worst position.

Sevco are still reliant on soft loans provided by their directors. They have admitted that their financial model is predicated on them reaching the group stages of Europe every year. This year they are going to make a shitload less than they budgeted for, given that its unlikely crowds are going to be back now (at least in any significant numbers if at all) for the full season. Selling PPV will mitigate it somewhat but there's no guarantee that they'll even get past Willem II tonight, never mind Galatasaray in the next round. So they absolutely need to sell either Harvey or Kunt this season,especially as they've already spent even more cash they don't have on Harvey's replacements (both currently injured, one of whom...Roofe...is virtually always injured).

Celtic are fine financially even though they will be gutted at their early CL exit. The parachute into the EL final qualifying round, and subsequent fairly easy draw mitigates it somewhat. And Celtic do tend to realise a lot more in the transfer market when they do sell one of their assets. As long as they keep winning the SPL and keep sevco from doing so, they'll remain comfortable finances wise. Even with the second CL spot kicking in next season....whoever lands it will face a very difficult, almost impossible, tie to reach the group stages. Although they will then drop down to the EL qualifiers which even then will have a parachute into the new 3rd tier competition should they lose that.

Does anyone believe there will be a high percentage of Huns actually paying for PPV & not sourcing illegal streams??

Plenty will claim on boards etc. That they are giving to the club ? but in reality are full of shite ?

they’ll all be crowding into one house to watch with the solidarity of protesting Sturgeons restrictions but main reason will be cos they don’t want to all pay PPV

19 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Does anyone believe there will be a high percentage of Huns actually paying for PPV & not sourcing illegal streams??

Plenty will claim on boards etc. That they are giving to the club ? but in reality are full of shite ?

they’ll all be crowding into one house to watch with the solidarity of protesting Sturgeons restrictions but main reason will be cos they don’t want to all pay PPV

Watching illegal streams is tink behaviour so I'd imagine there will be loads doing that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, V for Vendetta said:

Yep.

And a lot more employees throughout the club.

When furlough ends next month, how many clubs can afford to retain staff that aren't doing anything when stadiums are locked down?

It's bad for the OF as much as the rest of us.

Cormack said a while back that no one had been made redundant. Will that continue for club shop staff, corporate etc?

4 hours ago, pocrawred said:

They go on about not wanting lower league clubs to go tits up saying' These teams were proud to have us at their grounds on the way up from the bottom league'! ??

The teams probably hated the hun cunts but liked the money.

Ironic really as they must be one of the few clubs that have forced another into liquidation.

If I recall correctly David Murray was instrumental in Airdrie being wound up (they owed his businesses money I assume)

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

Cormack said a while back that no one had been made redundant. Will that continue for club shop staff, corporate etc?

I think we might try and stick to that but with no prospect of fans in the ground it's got to be much harder to achieve.

Selling McKenna is huge right now.

There are surely going to be clubs which end up making lots of people redundant when furlough ends.

33 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

Ironic really as they must be one of the few clubs that have forced another into liquidation.

If I recall correctly David Murray was instrumental in Airdrie being wound up (they owed his businesses money I assume)

That is correct and all for the princely sum of £30 odd thousand..... wooden legged cunt....

Dunfermline Athletic - one of at least four Scottish top-flight clubs owed money by Rangers - have expressed their "extreme concern" about the Ibrox outfit's move into administration.

The Pars are owed £80,000 in gate receipts from Saturday's fixture.

"This payment is no longer expected to be received by next Tuesday which would have been due to the club," said an official statement from Dunfermline.

"This is a significant amount of money for a club such as DAFC to lose."

It is believed that Hearts are owed more than £700,000 from Rangers for the summer sale of Scotland defender Lee Wallace.

Dundee United are due a similar amount in gate receipts as Dunfermline, while Inverness Caledonian Thistle are also believed to be due payments from the Glasgow club.

"However, the direct impact to DAFC is not insignificant: Rangers FC are due DAFC in the region of £80,000 of gate receipts from Saturday's fixture, which is obviously of extreme concern."

Dunfermline point out that their own situation is exacerbated by the loss of £50,000 from their recent game against Kilmarnock being postponed.

However, the club stressed: "These challenges are not insurmountable.

"DAFC and the board of directors already have put in place a number of initiatives to raise additional capital to ensure that the club balances its books and has an ongoing programme to reduce costs.

Fucked over Dunfermline too, which ended up with them going into admin and dropping 2 divisions

45 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Dunfermline Athletic - one of at least four Scottish top-flight clubs owed money by Rangers - have expressed their "extreme concern" about the Ibrox outfit's move into administration.

The Pars are owed £80,000 in gate receipts from Saturday's fixture.

"This payment is no longer expected to be received by next Tuesday which would have been due to the club," said an official statement from Dunfermline.

"This is a significant amount of money for a club such as DAFC to lose."

It is believed that Hearts are owed more than £700,000 from Rangers for the summer sale of Scotland defender Lee Wallace.

Dundee United are due a similar amount in gate receipts as Dunfermline, while Inverness Caledonian Thistle are also believed to be due payments from the Glasgow club.

"However, the direct impact to DAFC is not insignificant: Rangers FC are due DAFC in the region of £80,000 of gate receipts from Saturday's fixture, which is obviously of extreme concern."

Dunfermline point out that their own situation is exacerbated by the loss of £50,000 from their recent game against Kilmarnock being postponed.

However, the club stressed: "These challenges are not insurmountable.

"DAFC and the board of directors already have put in place a number of initiatives to raise additional capital to ensure that the club balances its books and has an ongoing programme to reduce costs.

Fucked over Dunfermline too, which ended up with them going into admin and dropping 2 divisions

Not in any way absolving oldco of anything other than being utter cunts and absolutely deserving of the administration rapidly becoming liquidation. But wasn't part of the agreement allowing sevco to get a licence from the SFA was they had to agree to take over all footballing debts owed by deadco. Can't say I remember over what timescale they had to pay them back by....but Dunfermline would have got that money at some point from sevco. Something also tells me that Hearts were entitled to take Wallace back at the point oldco were liquidated but chose to let him register with sevco and actually agreed to take a lower sum than the £700k they were due 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Not in any way absolving oldco of anything other than being utter cunts and absolutely deserving of the administration rapidly becoming liquidation. But wasn't part of the agreement allowing sevco to get a licence from the SFA was they had to agree to take over all footballing debts owed by deadco. Can't say I remember over what timescale they had to pay them back by....but Dunfermline would have got that money at some point from sevco. Something also tells me that Hearts were entitled to take Wallace back at the point oldco were liquidated but chose to let him register with sevco and actually agreed to take a lower sum than the £700k they were due 

That's about recollection as well. Not sure about the Wallace back to Hearts angle but I assume all these clubs got their money somehow.

Having said that, they wouldn't have paid up if they weren't forced to. They'd no choice.

9 hours ago, G31DON said:

Dunfermline got a decent percentage back, not sure how much, but it set in motion their relegations. 

Saw on the link that some hun wanted Livingston and Alloa to go bust with no reason given, very odd creatures. 

I think both of those clubs have chairmen who might be quite openly of a different persuasion and favouring of the green and white arse cheek.