Sevco Thread

1 hour ago, G31DON said:

It was a proposal, don't think it has gone through.  However, as I live at the top of a hill and can just about see Parkhead from my windows, I can say 100% that planes TAKE OFF from Paisley and head over it.  As my boy inevitably shouts out "Plane" when one goes past.  (No, he's not retarded)

Like Millertime you are mistaking me for the similarly monikered GDON21 who made this assertion.

Take a look on flightradar 24. You will see that they most definitely don't. There are very strict procedures in place regarding take offs and landings. Called Standard Instrument Departure Routes and Standard Arrival Routes. Designed to ensure planes stay safely away from tall obstructions when taking off/landing but also to satisfy noise abatement laws. These involve flying over fixed coordinates at set minimum heights. An air traffic controller has a bit of discretion with powerful planes that can easily gain height quickly and give permission to turn off the SID slightly early if they have reached the minimum sector safe  altitude which is published on the charts pertaining to the area within a 25 mile radius of the airfield but if you look at the alignment of the runway at Glasgow (05/23) it's just too tight a turn for big jets to make to overfly Parkhead. Taking off from runway 05 they head straight ahead for about 8 miles then either turn left in a continuous wide 360 (unless its a wee Loganair heading up to the Western Isles or up to Orkney/Shetland) and eventually pass by the airport again on its western side to pick up one of the airways heading south OR they continue a few miles further over the Campsies then right turn and pick up the airway south that pretty much follows the M73/M74

4 hours ago, G31DON said:

It was a proposal, don't think it has gone through.  However, as I live at the top of a hill and can just about see Parkhead from my windows, I can say 100% that planes TAKE OFF from Paisley and head over it.  As my boy inevitably shouts out "Plane" when one goes past.  (No, he's not retarded)

Like Millertime you are mistaking me for the similarly monikered GDON21 who made this assertion.

I know, I was just yanking your chain.

Maybe this has been raised before since this is a huge thread it might have been.

As the SPL will probably be yet another two horse race, I wonder how the average Aberdeen supporter would lean towards Celtic doing 10 in a row, rather than let Rangers win the league again.

Personally I don't want Celtic to win 10 in a row, but I don't like the alternative either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4
38 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Maybe this has been raised before since this is a huge thread it might have been.

As the SPL will probably be yet another two horse race, I wonder how the average Aberdeen supporter would lean towards Celtic doing 10 in a row, rather than let Rangers win the league again.

Personally I don't want Celtic to win 10 in a row, but I don't like the alternative either.

Would much prefer ten in a row than those rats winning anything. 

Both are dire but there is a lesser evil. 

16 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Would much prefer ten in a row than those rats winning anything. 

Both are dire but there is a lesser evil. 

This. Horrible outcome either way but definitely the lesser of the 2! 

Really annoying the Dundee United and a Motherwell games. We all have dreams of us winning the title as unlikely as it is. But if we could win the majority of other games and pick up the odd result against those 2 we won’t be far off! 

13 minutes ago, slippers said:

This. Horrible outcome either way but definitely the lesser of the 2! 

Really annoying the Dundee United and a Motherwell games. We all have dreams of us winning the title as unlikely as it is. But if we could win the majority of other games and pick up the odd result against those 2 we won’t be far off! 

That Motherwell shoeing we got is the 1990-1991 St Johnstone massacre.

Will come back to haunt us that.

1 hour ago, Stoneybloke said:

I would rather Celtic won 50 in a row if we cannot win it ourselves. Sevco remaining on 0 trophies would be my ideal scenario but sadly it looks like they may well break their duck this season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

“The usual 2 horse race”???

Aberdeen have made the best challenge to Celtic when we took it to the 3rd last game a few seasons ago.

SevCo haven’t really challenged as yet. Yes they’ve started well this year and are looking much stronger. They started well last year and then fell away after the new year.

SevCo will have a blip this year and then we’ll see if they have the mental capability to cope

• Downvote 1

So much wrong with that statement but I particularly like the bit about us “letting” them win a trophy.

hahahahahahahahagahahahahaha

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So many things wrong in one post.

- There’s no SPL

- Yet another two horse race

- “Let” Rangers win

- Rangers are dead.

- win the league “again” 

Apart from that, great post.

Pap 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

After the last few years of being beaten by Celtic in countless semi finals and finals and regularly getting turned over at Pittodrie, I genuinely can’t stand the prospect of seeing Scott Brown and the rest of those smug cunts celebrating winning 10- it’s up there on the stink scale as the 2.0Huns winning their first proper trophy for me. 

Can’t we just win it for the one time in my life....

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Another respectable european result for the huns recently, sadly.

I must say they have surprised me this season and do look improved.

They will certainly fancy their chances of stopping ra sellick.

A fairer man might say something like "fair play to them" - but no, fuck them!

Probably because fair and the Huns aren’t exactly synonyms... ?

"10 in a row" is just crap OF obsession that the media are all to happy to buy into. I couldn't care less, means nothing to me.

If our game is going to continue to be completely dominated by either 1 or 2 teams I'd rather just 1 as it spares us all the vomit inducing media chat about helicopter Sunday's, "Scottish football is back" etc etc as well as the hun triumphalism.

2 hours ago, redone said:

I’d prefer the season to be stopped early because of Covid and just declared null and void.

No 10 in a row for the tims and no title for the huns.

You are using logic that many of the hun hordes tried to use prior to Celtic being awarded their ninth title in a row. That somehow a null and void season halts a run of titles in it's tracks and that somehow the run resets to zero. It doesn't. Null and void is precisely that. It's as if the season didn't happen.