Sevco Thread

I never said they'd be ok long term. Everyone knows that they're spending money they don't have as it's imperative above anything that Celtic do not reach 10IAR. A record that will never be broken if reached.

I do think that their European runs have allowed them to buy players like Kent and Hagi (albeit on buy now pay later terms) that they wouldn't have afforded without them.

Nothing would make me happier than watching them get flushed down the toilet just like their predecessor club

14 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

There will be a fire sale at the end of the season I reckon - all the big stars, including the manager will leave.  They've over extended themselves to stop 10IAR... the plan has worked, but it'll be interesting to see if they can recover from this and how much they'd need to recoup to survive 20/21.

Compo for Gerrard, then cut price deals, for Borna, Morelos, Tavernier, Kent... reckon they'd need to shift the lot of them to break even.

I'll be firing my mortgage on celtic to win the league later on..:

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Not sure but it could be other matches like

4 uefa qualifiers

3 group stage home matches

league/scottish cup

hospitality at league games

The cash they had coming in last season but still need £23 million to see out this and next season says to me they need 35 mill a season profit at least. For the sake of a couple of million from the spfl on winning the premier league!!

30 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

The cash they had coming in last season but still need £23 million to see out this and next season says to me they need 35 mill a season profit at least. For the sake of a couple of million from the spfl on winning the premier league!!

Guy on the Radio today (some finance goon) said that Celtics revenue was 70m more than Huns and is now only 10m more. They’ve made up 60m revenue and look likely to get CL money. Every year we hear they are dying and need this or that and every year they have made in roads on Celtic. What point do we take our heids oot the sand? We’re going back to SPL pre-2012 and in my opinion it's the hun bastard in charge of us fault, we should be in Europe every season. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sims80 said:

Guy on the Radio today (some finance goon) said that Celtics revenue was 70m more than Huns and is now only 10m more. They’ve made up 60m revenue and look likely to get CL money. Every year we hear they are dying and need this or that and every year they have made in roads on Celtic. What point do we take our heids oot the sand? We’re going back to SPL pre-2012 and in my opinion it's the hun bastard in charge of us fault, we should be in Europe every season. 

It’s more the fact that Celtic have made a arse of CL qualifiers than them closing the gap. They have upped there revenue streams don’t get me wrong but the figures are based on the 110m Celtic made that last time they were in CL. 

That’s the problem with Europe. It’s all very well is being in europa 2 and making an additional 3-4m off the back of the coefficients Celtic and rangers have gave us but they will make an additional 30-40m by qualifying for CL and increases the gap further. 

Tom English on the radio last night, reeling off all these duds that the Tims have signed, going as far back as Ronnie Dialler. Their model of signing and then punting on the likes of Wanyama, Forster, Van Dyke used to work wonders for them but not now.

Some of the names English was reeling off, loan singings, I'm convinced he was just making up names but maybe not. Winston Codogo, Bob Smith, Charley Farley, Piggy Malone, crazy stuff. No wonder the financial gap has closed.

We take McInnes financially to task for some of his signings but even in proportion to Celtic, miniscule in comparison

22 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-mcleish-reckons-rangers-hero-23056705

Looks like the rumours of McLeish's mental state could well be true. Fifty fucking million :clangers2:

Aye but you just know that as it was printed in the record, the Sevco hoards will now believe it and automatically slap the £50m price tag on him.

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Tom English on the radio last night, reeling off all these duds that the Tims have signed, going as far back as Ronnie Dialler. Their model of signing and then punting on the likes of Wanyama, Forster, Van Dyke used to work wonders for them but not now.

Some of the names English was reeling off, loan singings, I'm convinced he was just making up names but maybe not. Winston Codogo, Bob Smith, Charley Farley, Piggy Malone, crazy stuff. No wonder the financial gap has closed.

We take McInnes financially to task for some of his signings but even in proportion to Celtic, miniscule in comparison

Was speaking to a mate about this only yesterday, Celtic have had some good signings in the past and they have made serious money on transfer fee's however lately they have made some bad decisions and are stuck with some right bog standard players that they will never recoup the fee's they paid out.  Only Odsonne Edouard is looking like a decent investment at the moment but for every Odsonne you have a Olivier Ntcham (£4.5m), Vasilis Barkas £4.5m, Boli Bolingoli £3m, Ismaila Soro £2m, Patryk Klimala £3.5m and Hatem Abd Elhamed £1.6m.

£53m (or so) a year in players wages - that's outrageous just to win silverware in Scotland.

Celtic have been signing dross for years and years, it's just gone unnoticed by the majority of people because in amongst the dross every so often they managed to find and sell on a Van Dijk, Dembele etc for big money which has taken the headlines.

They have only themselves to blame for the huns sorting out their recruitment (overlooking the fact they are spending the money the don't have) and looking likely to win the title this year.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye, nail on head. 

Their previous success rate in buying young players and selling them on has been offset by some crazy reinvestment decisions. 

No point developing and selling on Tierney or Dembele of you squander millions of the reinvestment cash on shite.  That will bite you on the bum eventually. 

Saying that they will probably get decent money for Ajer and Eduoard when they move them on which will be next summer I reckon. 

If they squander the cash again then they will be left with a load of shite and will be in big trouble if they can't qualify for the champions league 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, nail on head. 

Their previous success rate in buying young players and selling them on has been offset by some crazy reinvestment decisions. 

No point developing and selling on Tierney or Dembele of you squander millions of the reinvestment cash on shite.  That will bite you on the bum eventually. 

Saying that they will probably get decent money for Ajer and Eduoard when they move them on which will be next summer I reckon. 

If they squander the cash again then they will be left with a load of shite and will be in big trouble if they can't qualify for the champions league 

All to do with 10IAR, which the likes of Ajer, Frimpong, Eduoard  don't give a fuck about, and why should they? Celtic have taken their eye off the ball in persuit of the holy grail, when they SHOULD have been concentrating on Europe, where the real money sits. They are being swatted away like flies in Europe by the likes of Ferencvaros, Cluj etc etc who are spending fack all in comparison and doing far far better.

Whether they get to the mythical ten or not, their team will be unrecognisable next season with the Mutant retired, Christie and McGregor off to England, along with Ajer etc etc.

The figures being mentioned last night by English were eye popping, something like £150m gained in Euro money and £100m in transfers, and yet an idiot/reptile like Gerrard is making mugs out of them.

4 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

All to do with 10IAR, which the likes of Ajer, Frimpong, Eduoard  don't give a fuck about, and why should they? Celtic have taken their eye off the ball in persuit of the holy grail, when they SHOULD have been concentrating on Europe, where the real money sits. They are being swatted away like flies in Europe by the likes of Ferencvaros, Cluj etc etc who are spending fack all in comparison and doing far far better.

Whether they get to the mythical ten or not, their team will be unrecognisable next season with the Mutant retired, Christie and McGregor off to England, along with Ajer etc etc.

The figures being mentioned last night by English were eye popping, something like £150m gained in Euro money and £100m in transfers, and yet an idiot/reptile like Gerrard is making mugs out of them.

Christie might end up down south. But I don't think Mcgregor is particularly highly rated down there and similarly to Scott Wright, might be considered physically too slight. The Celtic board are totally culpable by throwing away the light years advantage Brenda had left them with by going back to the biscuit tin years and appointing Lennon.....almost certainly the cheapest option the thought their fans would let them away with.

Sevco's board knew fine well that 10IAR will never be bettered ever, and that had Celtic reached that figure, that some of their more fickle fans would fuck off never to return. Those of us old enough to remember the early 80s will recall a shite oldco, finishing 4th to 6th in the SPL and crowds at Ibrox of 15-20k tops, only ever selling out for the arse cheek derby (and Celtic got the whole of the Broomloan for that). They're following exactly the same formula that happened after Sir Minty took them over. But it took about 20 years for the financial meltdown to occur...in the interim they hoovered up trophies galore and despite the doping (cheating) have been allowed to retain them on oldcos records.

The orc hordes wont give a fucking shit if all happens again 15-20 years down the line as they'll just go bust and have someone else reform as a newco, repeat and rinse

Still a long away to Celtic have 2 games in hand.

If the Huns don't win the league then they will self implode.

Currently the directors are keeping the lights burning on a monthly  basis. The Hun board  is not made up of mega rich individual's they have limited wealth 

Their playing a very dangerous financial game should they fail to win the league  some of the directors will walkway they wouldn't  have the funding to bail them out again. 

Early exits from European competiion would fuck them up financially they have no fall back plan

Already  the owe 10 million to HRMC  15 million in transfer  fees to other clubs,  Close Brothers outstanding loan and Mike Ashley invoice say 15 million, even the Glib and Shameless  is charging them 8% on his loan

Additionally  they cannot really  make any increase in home revenues  as apparently there season ticket holders fill the ground

They seem to think by selling assets at prices off the scale they will recoup  revenue, unfortunately  bids off the radar need to be followed  through in real cash terms.

Of course  any assets sold need to be replaced

All is not well at Iprix  80 million pissed down the drain since 2012 with fuck all to show for it. 

The crazy  fuckers who run the club have absolutely  idea  what they are doing. They will fuck it up and Sevco will die

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Their playing a very dangerous financial game should they fail to win the league  some of the directors will walkway they wouldn't  have the funding to bail them out again. 

Agree on the first bit.  They have to win for their model to work and I am old enough to remember Ibrox in the Early 80’s.  But more interestingly we can all now see with horrific transparency the lengths some will go to to support that Supposedly earned position (and then helped by others who subsequently lie down to them because of a badge).  Not least their supposed rival who’d supposedly do anything to end them when in fact it now transpires that quite the opposite is true.  Their meltdown will be funny, but it would be just as funny next year as well with us having firstly witnessed an epic hun meltdown first.  It’s all about patience.

12 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Christie might end up down south. But I don't think Mcgregor is particularly highly rated down there and similarly to Scott Wright, might be considered physically too slight. The Celtic board are totally culpable by throwing away the light years advantage Brenda had left them with by going back to the biscuit tin years and appointing Lennon.....almost certainly the cheapest option the thought their fans would let them away with.

Sevco's board knew fine well that 10IAR will never be bettered ever, and that had Celtic reached that figure, that some of their more fickle fans would fuck off never to return. Those of us old enough to remember the early 80s will recall a shite oldco, finishing 4th to 6th in the SPL and crowds at Ibrox of 15-20k tops, only ever selling out for the arse cheek derby (and Celtic got the whole of the Broomloan for that). They're following exactly the same formula that happened after Sir Minty took them over. But it took about 20 years for the financial meltdown to occur...in the interim they hoovered up trophies galore and despite the doping (cheating) have been allowed to retain them on oldcos records.

The orc hordes wont give a fucking shit if all happens again 15-20 years down the line as they'll just go bust and have someone else reform as a newco, repeat and rinse

Yeah I’m old enough to recall the early 80s and some of the crowds at Ibrox were a helluva lot less than 15-20k. Seem to recall 6k for a clash with Dundee?