Sevco Thread

A few things I remember from my time with (un-named) supporters club and our annual dinners. 

3. Kiriakov spending most of the time in the car park smoking (some were cigarettes).

2. Billy Dodds being the life & soul of the party... he was genuinely a fucking great laugh, joined in all the songs, had a skinful and didn't want to leave ...  sad how he went bad.

And the winner:

1. Eion Jess and his utter hatred toward the Huns. He was fairly quiet about it, but it was genuine, heartfelt, and massively appreciated. Without a doubt the best player I ever met.

Happy memories of a true Dons legend ?

• Upvote 1

Jess hit the nail on the head. It's morals. It's doing the right thing, and being able to look at yourself in the mirror. 

Scott Wright is a professional footballer from Aberdeen, and an alleged AFC fan. It wasn't a choice of playing for the huns, or being unemployed. He chose to sign for the most wretched organisation ever shat into civilisation, because it suited him.

I couldn't do that, regardless if they were paying a million pounds a week. Because it's the huns. 

• Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Eoin Jess clearly never said that

Its as transparent as the ones celtic post about iniesta and xavi etc apparently saying bullshit about their fans or stadium 

He didn't say that exact statement. The bit that is made up/added in, is the phrase "like David Robertson or Stephen Wright". A man of his morals, Eoin did not and would not call out his ex teammates.

35 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Eoin Jess clearly never said that

Its as transparent as the ones celtic post about iniesta and xavi etc apparently saying bullshit about their fans or stadium 

He did say it all. Listened to the podcast. It just looks like he's saying I've got morals and they don't. That's not what he was saying. 

The Daily Record is a law unto itself. I regularly google Aberdeen fc to see news about the club in the various papers and three times now in the last month I've seen while looking at dons stories in the Record three different headlines/stories ignoring that Rangers need to start again in terms of counting league titles. The first one said "going for their first title since 2011", next story said  "closing in on 55th league title". The most recent one said that one of their supporters is attempting to hire the Red Arrows to celebrate 55 titles. How does the Record get away with printing this shite. I would have thought that the Celtic fans would have kicked off about it and boycotted the paper. I can only assume that more huns read it and they are shit scared to piss them off. 

I'm nae going to read anymore dons  stories in that rag because it's only a matter of two paragraphs maximum before they've turned the story into something relating to the cheeks anyway so it's a waste of time. It's got to be the worst fuckin paper on the planet. 

I feel a bit better now I've vented. Fuck the huns and fuck the Record! 

9 hours ago, Cambridge Red said:

The Daily Record is a law unto itself. I regularly google Aberdeen fc to see news about the club in the various papers and three times now in the last month I've seen while looking at dons stories in the Record three different headlines/stories ignoring that Rangers need to start again in terms of counting league titles. The first one said "going for their first title since 2011", next story said  "closing in on 55th league title". The most recent one said that one of their supporters is attempting to hire the Red Arrows to celebrate 55 titles. How does the Record get away with printing this shite. I would have thought that the Celtic fans would have kicked off about it and boycotted the paper. I can only assume that more huns read it and they are shit scared to piss them off. 

I'm nae going to read anymore dons  stories in that rag because it's only a matter of two paragraphs maximum before they've turned the story into something relating to the cheeks anyway so it's a waste of time. It's got to be the worst fuckin paper on the planet. 

I feel a bit better now I've vented. Fuck the huns and fuck the Record! 

Stopped readin' that fuckin' comic when Angus Ogg left.  I wouldna' hae it ripped up on a bit o' string in ma' ootside chunty.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:11 AM, Henry said:

Jess hit the nail on the head. It's morals. It's doing the right thing, and being able to look at yourself in the mirror. 

Scott Wright is a professional footballer from Aberdeen, and an alleged AFC fan. It wasn't a choice of playing for the huns, or being unemployed. He chose to sign for the most wretched organisation ever shat into civilisation, because it suited him.

I couldn't do that, regardless if they were paying a million pounds a week. Because it's the huns. 

Id rather be unemployed