Sevco Thread

30 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Not any more.  Rule changed about 6 weeks ago that a subsequent  negative test or tests (and has to be a certain type of test) effectively supercedes the breach.  They also had the advantage, relatively speaking, that the breach was picked before the five mixed with the rest of the squad. 

Getting away with it again then.

Thanks for info.

16 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Bloody hell

So what what you think,  that UEFA are giving them preferential treatment too?

Grow up

It's PATHETIC 

Never said anything about UEFA, was asking the question about what the rules were bearing in mind other clubs - ourselves included - have had fines imposed earlier in the season.

Was grateful for the info provided by another poster informing me of the recent rule changes - therefore they have got away with it by chance.

That's all - not pathetic - just my opinion.

I think it's pretty silly to try to argue they're shite. What does that make Aberdeen and the rest of the league for that matter since no one has beaten them while they have scored 73 goals in 30 matches while conceding just 9. Pretending they're shite, lucky, a combination of both, or whatever it may be just blinds one to reality. It's exactly what the Celtic following did till they couldn't block out the reality any longer.

The reality is they have a very strong squad littered with multi million pound players. And that's exactly why they have qualified for Europa league groups three years in a row and now reached the last 16 two years in a row after topping their group this year. Doing that is also a major reason why they have a very strong squad littered with multi million pound players.

There is no shite in the last 16 of a Euro tournament. Nor even the last 32. Royal Antwerp are not shite. They have a squad valued at over £38 million on transfermarkt.com. Aberdeen around £12.6 million.

Disliking them is freedom of choice but you can't invent your own reality and not look silly.

1 hour ago, Lan_Lad said:

I think it's pretty silly to try to argue they're shite. What does that make Aberdeen and the rest of the league for that matter since no one has beaten them while they have scored 73 goals in 30 matches while conceding just 9. Pretending they're shite, lucky, a combination of both, or whatever it may be just blinds one to reality. It's exactly what the Celtic following did till they couldn't block out the reality any longer.

The reality is they have a very strong squad littered with multi million pound players. And that's exactly why they have qualified for Europa league groups three years in a row and now reached the last 16 two years in a row after topping their group this year. Doing that is also a major reason why they have a very strong squad littered with multi million pound players.

There is no shite in the last 16 of a Euro tournament. Nor even the last 32. Royal Antwerp are not shite. They have a squad valued at over £38 million on transfermarkt.com. Aberdeen around £12.6 million.

Disliking them is freedom of choice but you can't invent your own reality and not look silly.

Aberdeen squad worth £12.6 million. Hmmmm.

Cosgrove and Mckenna still here? 

2 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

Disagree on one aspect.  Celtic had/have the resources to do something about it when the hun eventually got their shit together.  We didn't/dont. Celtic also have no excuse for not anticipating theyd be up for stopping TIAR.  Whether their board was complicit, complacent or simply monumentally incapable is up for debate.

3 hours ago, G31DON said:

Aberdeen squad worth £12.6 million. Hmmmm.

Cosgrove and Mckenna still here?

Same as that transfermarkt site, who have our squad valued at £13.05m. Player values just plucked out of thin air.

Greg Leigh £315k.

Ash Taylor, Michael Devlin, Dean Campbell, Niall McGinn £360k.

Connor McLennan £405k.

11 hours ago, Millertime said:

That is one utter heap of dung

It started badly and got worse from there

The last paragraph is the final nail in your coffin 

You hate them as much as you love aberdeen?

Thats just "saaaaaaaaaAaAAAad"

@Sooper-hanz

I never said i hated them as much as I love Aberdeen. I said i hate them with as much PASSION as i love the Dons. Big difference. 

4 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Same as that transfermarkt site, who have our squad valued at £13.05m. Player values just plucked out of thin air.

Greg Leigh £315k.

Ash Taylor, Michael Devlin, Dean Campbell, Niall McGinn £360k.

Connor McLennan £405k.

It's not randomly pulled out of thin air, there is a method to it. And while it can't be looked at as reliably accurate values for all individual players, a difficult thing to do since they're worth what any individual club is willing to pay for them at any given time,  they do the same thing to all clubs. Antwerp will have players who would sell for more than they're quoted on transfermarkt.

What it does is provide a rule of thumb relative comparison between squads.

Despite the player values, along with some other facts, being estimates, researchers from the Centre for Economic Performance have found that the "rumours" of player transfers are largely accurate.

These estimated player values are usually updated every few months, considering how the football market works, these estimates might be slightly lower or higher than what a players’ current form and therefore current value might suggest.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:27 AM, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Disagree on one aspect.  Celtic had/have the resources to do something about it when the hun eventually got their shit together.  We didn't/dont. Celtic also have no excuse for not anticipating theyd be up for stopping TIAR.  Whether their board was complicit, complacent or simply monumentally incapable is up for debate.

I was talking about the Celtic fans rather than the club itself. Right up until the last few months or so they were following the same line you see here. Shite, lucky, etc.

As for the club itself they did spend significant amounts of money on recruitment. They spent a whopping £5 million or so on a goalkeeper alone. A sum of money the rest of the league combined outside their other half wont match in years on all player recruitment rather than just one.

Their recruitment was poor while across the city they were recruiting well. And not only was their recruitment poor they were loaded up with players who though very good players simply didn't want to be there anymore. As it stands they now have a very difficult task ahead of them to turn it around.

2 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

I was talking about the Celtic fans rather than the club itself. Right up until the last few months or so they were following the same line you see here. Shite, lucky, etc.

As for the club itself they did spend significant amounts of money on recruitment. They spent a whopping £5 million or so on a goalkeeper alone. A sum of money the rest of the league combined outside their other half wont match in years on all player recruitment rather than just one.

Their recruitment was poor while across the city they were recruiting well. And not only was their recruitment poor they were loaded up with players who though very good players simply didn't want to be there anymore. As it stands they now have a very difficult task ahead of them to turn it around.

They made exactly the same mistake as the old Hun did when they were going for ten in a row. 

They hung on to players they should have let go in place of younger players, they kept players for the 'ten' that wanted away and should have been sold.  They were lazy in their recruitment and invested poorly in players who weren't better than the ones that came before them. They stopped progressing which you need to continually do whether you've won nine in a row or none in a row. 

45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They made exactly the same mistake as the old Hun did when they were going for ten in a row. 

They hung on to players they should have let go in place of younger players, they kept players for the 'ten' that wanted away and should have been sold.  They were lazy in their recruitment and invested poorly in players who weren't better than the ones that came before them. They stopped progressing which you need to continually do whether you've won nine in a row or none in a row. 

Spot on. Celtic have no one to blame but themselves both in terms of managerial appointments and the subsequent recruitment. The European record is shocking too, but all the eggs were in the holy grail of 10IAR. 

I could have delivered 10IAR, it was THAT simple.

I despise both cheeks with a passion but seeing smug Huns walking about Aberdeen, and at my work, and on my local golf course, for example, makes me puke.
What makes it 100 times worse is how dire and impotent we are.

On 2/28/2021 at 11:12 AM, aberdeen1970 said:

And the biggest mistake they made was taking the cheap option and appointing Lennon full time, their board probably thought that the huns were such a basket case that they go with him and still win the league at a canter.

11 hours ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Selfish bastards playing Patterson and Zungu again, with fans gathered outside the stadium during a pandemic. Fuck off :banghead:

Just ignore them pal 

I'll only be tuning in on the day that Jim Traynor gets struck by a vehicle, in front of his family.

• Dildo 3
16 minutes ago, Roberto said:

They haven't even won the league yet and I had an acquaintance of mine messaging me all through the night and this morning (he hadn't gone to bed) setting off flares and dancing around his living room with fucking hun songs.

When they win the league for real, the cunt is getting stabbed and set on fire .

Should think so as well. 

“Hun acquaintances” - what are those? 

• Upvote 2