1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

We do have have a servile mentality in this country however, especially with the staunch unionists. Desperate to be governed by England and the glorious monarchy. They base their whole personality around it as well. 

Aye there called huns

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Folk were chucking bananas at Walters in the 80's FFS. Plenty of those cunts still be kicking about today. Plenty of folk where I work bemoan immigration, supposed health tourism etc etc, haven't got a clue. A scoob. All sit and read the mail all day. 

The best (only?) way to get a handle of a place, the mood of it, the flavours of the people is pubs in my experience. There is open racism and bigotry in our modern Scotland, all over, to different degrees and on different targets.

The 'Brits' so to speak, downplay it entirely and should it be brought up, bemoan how long ago it was, despite it being hugely impactful in making the UK a wealthy country. The nationalists who are convinced we are a utopian inclusionary alternative to England, just straight up don't acknowledge things of that nature. 

Scots (if we can call the fawning, bootlicking fucks Scots) were introduced to the slave trade thus:

Following the union of parliaments in 1707, Scotland gained formal access to the transatlantic slave trade. 

Unfortunately there it is.

That path was initiated and dictated by the union.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

The best (only?) way to get a handle of a place, the mood of it, the flavours of the people is pubs in my experience. There is open racism and bigotry in our modern Scotland, all over, to different degrees and on different targets.

yep i get very uncomfortable when i here racist comments from guys i'd call friends , usually in the pub 

More than the slave trade, I think the feudal system in Scotland's history engineered servility, submission and surrender in the souls of the compliant. 

5 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

yep i get very uncomfortable when i here racist comments from guys i'd call friends , usually in the pub 

I never experience discomfort when I hear it because it's so common and therefore not unexpected. The small pang of sadness is exceeded by some degree of satisfaction that another thick cunt and/or sick soul has been revealed. This in turn makes life better, knowing who the clowns are to avoid in the future.

Edit: distinctions between the types of racial comments must be recognised. Stereotyping is not a crime, even if the subject is an ethnicity or nation. It's how the person with the generalist view says it, uses it and what he truly thinks that matters more, something the pc and woke brigade want to eliminate, contrary to the older more-established principles of freedom of expression. 

Edited by rocket_scientist

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

More than the slave trade, I think the feudal system in Scotland's history engineered servility, submission and surrender in the souls of the compliant. 

I think we've came a long way from that , still there is very much a class system , however the working class has done better over the last 40 years 

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I agree. Hence my reasoning that Scotland isn't as inclusive a country as some would have you believe. 

12 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Scots (if we can call the fawning, bootlicking fucks Scots) were introduced to the slave trade thus:

Following the union of parliaments in 1707, Scotland gained formal access to the transatlantic slave trade. 

Yeah. We've definitely got a dark history, and it still has relevance today. 

I never experience discomfort when I hear it because it's so common and therefore not unexpected. The small pang of sadness is exceeded by some degree of satisfaction that another thick cunt and/or sick soul has been revealed. This in turn makes life better, knowing who the clowns are to avoid in the future. 

fair doos but these are guys i know well , feel a bit of guilt not saying something but bite my tongue, i suppose that sits uneasy  

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I agree. As a people we are very servile. It's embarrassing. The only country to have refused democratic independence. 

1 minute ago, redstrummer said:

fair doos but these are guys i know well , feel a bit of guilt not saying something but bite my tongue, i suppose that sits uneasy  

Say something. If you say nothing you're part of the problem. Try challenge their POV, or if they insist it's just a joke, ask them why it's funny? 

I often have these conversations with my friends when they say ridiculous things of that nature, often these people aren't actual white supremacists or whatever, they are just ignorant. 

5 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

I think we've came a long way from that , still there is very much a class system , however the working class has done better over the last 40 years 

I was talking about people, not classes. 

Say something. If you say nothing you're part of the problem. Try challenge their POV, or if they insist it's just a joke, ask them why it's funny? 

I often have these conversations with my friends when they say ridiculous things of that nature, often these people aren't actual white supremacists or whatever, they are just ignorant. 

yes i agree 

2 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

It depends if they really are friends or just pub acquaintances. Some aren't educate-able so waste of time trying. I'll usually always make it known that I think they're full of shit but even then not all the time. 

It depends if they really are friends or just pub acquaintances. Some aren't educate-able so waste of time trying. I'll usually always make it known that I think they're full of shit but even then not all the time. 

One in particular and his brother are friends since teenagers , very much in tune as friends are but there racism pops up now and again , never liked it .Suppose i'm more likely to pull up some one i don't know so well 

12 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I was talking about people, not classes. 

Was the feudal system not the lowest of classes ?

I had a best friend 40 years ago who I don't talk to now. We would get on great and have a laff if/when our paths cross again but some people grow apart over time. Not a problem. 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

I had a best friend 40 years ago who I don't talk to now. We would get on great and have a laff if/when our paths cross again but some people grow apart over time. Not a problem. 

yep similar 

1 minute ago, redstrummer said:

Was the feudal system not the lowest of classes ?

Yes but it's not the "working classes" I was speaking about. I was talking about the mentality of people and how submission can poison the soul. We see this in politicians, plenty of arse-licking in middle management (almost all management in fact) and tons of middle class arselickers too. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Nah, both unionists and nationalists forget about the slave trade link. 

The 'Brits' so to speak, downplay it entirely and should it be brought up, bemoan how long ago it was, despite it being hugely impactful in making the UK a wealthy country. The nationalists who are convinced we are a utopian inclusionary alternative to England, just straight up don't acknowledge things of that nature. 

Folk were chucking bananas at Walters in the 80's FFS. Plenty of those cunts still be kicking about today. Plenty of folk where I work bemoan immigration, supposed health tourism etc etc, haven't got a clue. A scoob. All sit and read the mail all day. 

Only to make him slip and fall over. 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Yes but it's not the "working classes" I was speaking about. I was talking about the mentality of people and how submission can poison the soul. We see this in politicians, plenty of arse-licking in middle management (almost all management in fact) and tons of middle class arselickers too. 

Great post and very true. 

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

What about the Darien Scheme that happened a bit before the Act of Union? Granted it went tits up pretty sharpish...but we weren't going in there with the intention of improving any locals' lives. They would have been subjugated to do our donkey work

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

What about the Darien Scheme that happened a bit before the Act of Union? Granted it went tits up pretty sharpish...but we weren't going in there with the intention of improving any locals' lives. They would have been subjugated to do our donkey work

Da ken.

But the outcome, eventually... gads.

Ultimately how we find ourselves under the heel today... bought and sold... though granted, after multiple hundreds of years being looted and pillaged by the English prior, it could have happened in any of the subsequent years.

They needed our resources then... and thus it continues to this day.

Perhaps one day they will attempt to stand on their own two feet without the need to occupy, ransack and take from others.

Hmmm.

Perhaps not.

Following the union of parliaments in 1707, Scotland gained formal access to the transatlantic slave trade. 

Before that we used our own people as slaves , dark days indeed. 

On 11/20/2020 at 9:49 PM, Tord31 said:

£16m loss for last season despite making it to the uefa cup final

Can't be! Ten caat spent the whole of last season saying Europe would see them ok! 

lolz

9 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Can't be! Ten caat spent the whole of last season saying Europe would see them ok! 

lolz

If they dont get crowds back they estimate an additional loss of £10m for season 2020/21.

There will be a fire sale at the end of the season I reckon - all the big stars, including the manager will leave.  They've over extended themselves to stop 10IAR... the plan has worked, but it'll be interesting to see if they can recover from this and how much they'd need to recoup to survive 20/21.

Compo for Gerrard, then cut price deals, for Borna, Morelos, Tavernier, Kent... reckon they'd need to shift the lot of them to break even.

I think we've learned by now. they dont care. there is enough mad gers fans with enough money to keep them going.

I never said they'd be ok long term. Everyone knows that they're spending money they don't have as it's imperative above anything that Celtic do not reach 10IAR. A record that will never be broken if reached.

I do think that their European runs have allowed them to buy players like Kent and Hagi (albeit on buy now pay later terms) that they wouldn't have afforded without them.

Nothing would make me happier than watching them get flushed down the toilet just like their predecessor club