Rugby Union

OddJob

4 hours ago, johnstrac said:

I did a 58 mile bike ride this morning and my heart got less of a work out than watching that second half ! The good teams go on to get 50 odd points when they reach 27-0 up.

Your missus got a bigger workout whilst you were away, trust me.

1 hour ago, donswin1983 said:

Just clocked that non try in the France game. I’m nae up on the ‘garden tools’ of rugby, but Shirley if the balls on the ground, in the score area, then it’s a try? 
Feels like a hun VAR decision that..

Exactly ! If it wasn't grounded then what was it ? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Just reinforces why we really should have battered France at Murrayfield 😕

Good on the Italians like, nicking a draw from the jaws of victory 🤣

Technically Scotland won that game against France.

I can't believe Italy bottled that.

Great win v england.  its becoming a matter of routine this.

vdM in great form.

Any thoughts on Craig Chalmers' comments in The Herald, interesting given yesterday was the van der Merwe show, yet again.

“Scottish rugby needs a reset. We have relied a lot on grandparents and three-year residencies. We have relied on the SpringJocks.”

8 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

How come you dont like townsend?  

(I have no opinion but had a positive view of him as a carry over from his playing days)

I just believe he holds Scotland back slightly due to him just being so uninspiring.

I didn't like the way he handled the best player Scotland have had for many a year. He hates when people tell him he's wrong (but yet those who say he's wrong are proven right). I also believe under another manager the last 2 years Scotland would have won a 6 Nations. 

I watched the Netflix programme as well and he just doesn't give me any 'oooooof, he is giving me the lift I need before playing'.

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Great win v england.  its becoming a matter of routine this.

vdM in great form.

Any thoughts on Craig Chalmers' comments in The Herald, interesting given yesterday was the van der Merwe show, yet again.

“Scottish rugby needs a reset. We have relied a lot on grandparents and three-year residencies. We have relied on the SpringJocks.”

Certainly this. No problem with making the most of the rules but you have to bring youngsters through if you want long term success.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Scotland have seriously underplayed this year, nearly shat the bed vs Wales, took their foot off the gas vs a poor French team, raised the game to beat england (which was nice) and then shat it again yesterday. Next up a wounded Irish side in Dublin. Just watch us beat the Irish and enable the english to win the Championship !

What a performance on Sat, it was all going well early on, whatever the Italian coach said to his team at half time we need some of that!

And look how poor the performance has been for the U20's, not much prospect of picking up the next set of "stars" from there, the future is bleak - but a new blueprint from the SRU will fix that

Aye, maybe not.