Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Celtic's focus should have been sucess in Europe, not chasing this mythical 10IA fucking R. That's how they should be judged as a serious football club, not some oneupmanship that nobody outside west central Scotland gives a fuck about.

I'm pretty certain that every single one of the Celtic support would trade a CL run (let's face it, the group stages are their absolute limit) this season if it would indeed guarantee that they achieve their 10IAR. You misunderstand how much it means to the arse cheeks to put one over the other. Unfortunately for Celtic, just as it seems their ageing squad (and also self-imploding it seems) has started to decline, sevco have went all in to prevent 10IAR and so far of the two seem to be playing the better, more effective football. 

I'd still rather that sevco win fuck all, the longer that is the case the funnier it becomes and the more likely that their fickle fans desert the cause and the possibility of them going bust increases. But if they were to win the league then it would be nearly as funny to watch the "timplosion" as sevconians call it. Either way....one of Lennon or Slippy is getting bulleted/walking away by next summer at the latest.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Them stockpiling all their dough during the years Sevco were coming up through the leagues is coming back to haunt them.

They get major dough from sales of the likes of Dembele, Tierney, Armstrong and then waste 25% of it on Eurotrash like Barkas, Elhamed, Julien, Klimala, Soro, Ajeti, Bolingoli, etc whilst failing to notice Brown is finished and Forest looks disinterested. Shows up the major shortcomings of the manager.

I've no basis for this as I have never seen the guy play before he signed for Celtic, but I think that keeper is going to throw in a few fuck ups along the way this season.

For me, with a few exceptions over the years, I think Celtic never get the keeper position right. Bonner was first keeper I remember and the quality has been pretty poor since then. 

One thing you could say about their neighbours across the city is that they always have a solid keeper. Again, I reckon you need to go back to the 80s with Walker and McCloy to think of a dodgy keeper. 

37 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm pretty certain that every single one of the Celtic support would trade a CL run (let's face it, the group stages are their absolute limit) this season if it would indeed guarantee that they achieve their 10IAR. You misunderstand how much it means to the arse cheeks to put one over the other. Unfortunately for Celtic, just as it seems their ageing squad (and also self-imploding it seems) has started to decline, sevco have went all in to prevent 10IAR and so far of the two seem to be playing the better, more effective football. 

I'd still rather that sevco win fuck all, the longer that is the case the funnier it becomes and the more likely that their fickle fans desert the cause and the possibility of them going bust increases. But if they were to win the league then it would be nearly as funny to watch the "timplosion" as sevconians call it. Either way....one of Lennon or Slippy is getting bulleted/walking away by next summer at the latest.

Celtic don’t have an ageing team.

Aside from Brown who’s old? 
They actually have a youngish first team.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree TC, their fans are more interested in 10IAR, what I’m saying is their, and the manager/board’s focus, SHOULD be on Europe. That’s how they will get noticed on the bigger stage and get the clubs’ status elavated. 

Not that I give a fuck.

And, if push came to shove, I’d rather they win the league this season too, if only for the riot factor down Govan way.

But, I suspect they won’t, not with “Lenny” in charge. Wait till you hear all his apologists on the media today - Hartson, Sutton, Presley, Brazil et all. Nauseating 

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

You're making the mistake of assuming they want (i.e. they want to pay) to be a big name in europe.

The arse cheeks model has always been, always will be, to be just better than the other.  If one is decent in europe then the other one will have to be.  But that's coincidental. 

No that is, and always has been, the Celtic model. The old biscuit tin that really still exists

The oldco...and now sevco….way is to spend, spend, spend way beyond their means. Short term their goal is  to overhaul Celtic. But oldco genuinely held the belief that they were a major player in Europe and to a point they were ….they were eliminated  from the Champions League by 1 point by a Marseille side who were massively financially doped long before oldco ever thought about it. Sevco are possibly on the brink of overhauling Celtic domestically, although recent history shows that a hilarious collapse is never far round the corner. But those arrogant bastards genuinely believe that their rightful place is seated at the top table of European football alongside your Juventus', Real Madrid's and Liverpool etc.....and they genuinely believe that it is only a matter of time before they get there. Hopefully they join oldco in going down the financial shitter trying

3 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

I've no basis for this as I have never seen the guy play before he signed for Celtic, but I think that keeper is going to throw in a few fuck ups along the way this season.

For me, with a few exceptions over the years, I think Celtic never get the keeper position right. Bonner was first keeper I remember and the quality has been pretty poor since then. 

One thing you could say about their neighbours across the city is that they always have a solid keeper. Again, I reckon you need to go back to the 80s with Walker and McCloy to think of a dodgy keeper. 

I could never understand how Celtic and Rangers had such bad keepers in the 70's and 80's.

Bonnar was fucking shite. He seems to be talked up because of his Celtic connections however there were loads of keepers who played against him who were far better keepers than that him during the 70's and 80's.

Aberdeen had Bobby Clark, Leighton, Gunn and Snelders, Dundee United had MacAlpine, Alan Main and Billy Thompson, St. Mirren had Campbell Money, Dundee had Bobby Geddes, all who were better keepers, you could probably argue that Rough at Hibs and Smith at Hearts were better keepers than Bonnar as well.

Guest the shepherd
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

No that is, and always has been, the Celtic model. The old biscuit tin that really still exists

The oldco...and now sevco….way is to spend, spend, spend way beyond their means. Short term their goal is  to overhaul Celtic. But oldco genuinely held the belief that they were a major player in Europe and to a point they were ….they were eliminated  from the Champions League by 1 point by a Marseille side who were massively financially doped long before oldco ever thought about it. Sevco are possibly on the brink of overhauling Celtic domestically, although recent history shows that a hilarious collapse is never far round the corner. But those arrogant bastards genuinely believe that their rightful place is seated at the top table of European football alongside your Juventus', Real Madrid's and Liverpool etc.....and they genuinely believe that it is only a matter of time before they get there. Hopefully they join oldco in going down the financial shitter trying

....don't think that will happen considering they still adopt, to a small point, the prudent biscuit tin approach laid down by the Kelly family.

Whilst they spend considerably far more than Aberdeen on relative unknowns, they must be still well in the black considering the prize money they have won domestically and continentally over recent years, and astronomical profit accrued through player sales. Unless they are interested in recruiting Lionel Messi and maybe Sergio Aguero anytime soon by meeting their respective wage demands and then going on a perennial run of being unsuccessful, especially here, I cannot see them being in any financial bother soon. We can only but dream though. 

RFC were spending immorally well over the odds way before Marseille knocked them out of Europe on season 1992-93. Absolute karma.

Graeme Souness started handing out blank cheques back in the summer of 1986 when recruiting the likes of Butcher, Woods, Roberts, et al. whilst getting rid of dross such as Hugh Burns, Craig Paterson and Ally Dawson. 

Guest the shepherd
26 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

I could never understand how Celtic and Rangers had such bad keepers in the 70's and 80's.

Bonnar was fucking shite. He seems to be talked up because of his Celtic connections however there were loads of keepers who played against him who were far better keepers than that him during the 70's and 80's.

Aberdeen had Bobby Clark, Leighton, Gunn and Snelders, Dundee United had MacAlpine, Alan Main and Billy Thompson, St. Mirren had Campbell Money, Dundee had Bobby Geddes, all who were better keepers, you could probably argue that Rough at Hibs and Smith at Hearts were better keepers than Bonnar as well.

Very fair point. However, Rough was very well named. Awful goalkeeper. 

Guest the shepherd
1 minute ago, shut up meg said:

Still better than Bonnar though.

That's open to debate min. However, Bonner's exploits in Italia '90 puts him on a pedestal of immortality with some tim supporters and obscure his notable deficiencies at club level. 

53 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

From shite goalkeeper to the world’s worst pundit is some going. 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

SevCo don't have enough about them to win the league.

It's Celtics to lose.

SevCo don't have enough creativity. Practically everything is sparked through Kent this season. Lose him, or a drop in form and they will struggle and drop points

2 hours ago, the shepherd said:

Graeme Souness started handing out blank cheques back in the summer of 1986 when recruiting the likes of Butcher, Woods, Roberts, et al. whilst getting rid of dross such as Hugh Burns, Craig Paterson and Ally Dawson. 

The Heysel stadium disaster was also a key factor in DeidCo attracting these players., without that, would they have attracted these players to Scotland?I'm not so sure.

40 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The Heysel stadium disaster was also a key factor in DeidCo attracting these players., without that, would they have attracted these players to Scotland?I'm not so sure.

Yes that is true. Because English players couldn’t play in Europe and they “bought”  half of the England team through dodgy payments which has come back to haunt them.

FTH.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

SevCo don't have enough about them to win the league.

It's Celtics to lose.

SevCo don't have enough creativity. Practically everything is sparked through Kent this season. Lose him, or a drop in form and they will struggle and drop points

100% this.  Never thought Celtic would be stupid enough to run it so close prior to TIAR but the second they brought Lennon back in that door opened.

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Just bought Turnball for a reported £3m fee with the possibility of an extra £250k.  

Good cash for Motherwell but that is also them severely weakened.  

True in a sense, but he didn't play for them much last season and they finished 3rd.

Their form has been terrible for some time (I reckon we would have beaten them that Friday night that Lockdown occured to go into 3rd) and he has not bee a catalyst for getting good results this year so far.

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

It was just after that bout a year I think that Souness was appointed and the financial doping at OldCo really started. Scottish football has never been the same since.

23 minutes ago, redwhitegold said:

It was just after that bout a year I think that Souness was appointed and the financial doping at OldCo really started. Scottish football has never been the same since.

Aye but the point was, as a result of the Heysel disaster, English clubs were banned from Europe helped Souness attract English Internationals. That and of course financially cheating the HMRC out of taxes and living outwith their means