Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

7 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Lennon surely has to get the sack for this, taking his team to Dubai and gifting the Huns the title when the Celtic fans are craving ten in a row. Surely he’s done.

Aye they’ll be looking for a new manager for sure. Probably replace Lennon at the end of the season. Too late for a new guy to come in and turn it around to any great extent imo. 

1 minute ago, Simply Red said:

Aye they’ll be looking for a new manager for sure. Probably replace Lennon at the end of the season. Too late for a new guy to come in and turn it around to any great extent imo. 

Surely they'd be be better off doing it now. The league is a write off for them, they'd be better allowing a new boss 7 months to look at what he has, and gives him the best part of 2 full transfer windows to start bringing his own players in and decide who he wants to retain in the summer

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

?.

Back on topic, that boy Joe Newell is a decent player. I presume he is a protege of Mike? 

Not related I'm pretty sure

6 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Flog Edoooard and Macgregor to the tranny lad. That gives whoever a budget the rest of us could only dream of, combined

Who the fuck is the tranny lad? ?

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Surely they'd be be better off doing it now. The league is a write off for them, they'd be better allowing a new boss 7 months to look at what he has, and gives him the best part of 2 full transfer windows to start bringing his own players in and decide who he wants to retain in the summer

That would be too logical.

Depends what manager’s available or affordable just now. The transfer market for players will be all over the shop aswell.

I think they’ll wait to see whos available, both managers/players.

Throw money and a new manager and his desperate singings into the madhouse just now thats thrown away 10iar might be seen as a pointless gamble. Tainted from the start.

Lawson will be looking for another Rodgers. A new Scott Brown. I dont think they can finance that before the seasons out. 

I think he’ll let Lennon and his team take the hit, get rid, and start afresh in May. 

All depends on the pressure from the fans tho. If the majority demand he goes now, Lawson will have to concede surely. 

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

That would be too logical.

Depends what manager’s available or affordable just now. The transfer market for players will be all over the shop aswell.

I think they’ll wait to see whos available, both managers/players.

Throw money and a new manager and his desperate singings into the madhouse just now thats thrown away 10iar might be seen as a pointless gamble. Tainted from the start.

Lawson will be looking for another Rodgers. A new Scott Brown. I dont think they can finance that before the seasons out. 

I think he’ll let Lennon and his team take the hit, get rid, and start afresh in May. 

All depends on the pressure from the fans tho. If the majority demand he goes now, Lawson will have to concede surely. 

I don't think there's any doubt that Lawwell wants Eddie Howe. They were playing golf together only a couple of months back. Whether Howe reciprocates is another matter altogether...I think he reckons he can land another job in the EPL whenever one becomes available.

I wasn't meaning for any new manager to be buying players in a desperate attempt to salvage 10IAR. That ship has long since sailed. I was just meaning that a big rebuild is required. If they hang on till season's end (presuming it isn't curtailed) a new manager will have about 10 weeks max to review the situation...only 2 or 3 of which will be with the players playing pre season friendlies, And only one window to start bringing in his own players. Whereas doing it now he can afford to fart around with selections to a degree without risking second place to see who he wants to keep and those he wants out the door. 

I think the fans will demand Lennon gone this week

29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't think there's any doubt that Lawwell wants Eddie Howe. They were playing golf together only a couple of months back. Whether Howe reciprocates is another matter altogether...I think he reckons he can land another job in the EPL whenever one becomes available.

I wasn't meaning for any new manager to be buying players in a desperate attempt to salvage 10IAR. That ship has long since sailed. I was just meaning that a big rebuild is required. If they hang on till season's end (presuming it isn't curtailed) a new manager will have about 10 weeks max to review the situation...only 2 or 3 of which will be with the players playing pre season friendlies, And only one window to start bringing in his own players. Whereas doing it now he can afford to fart around with selections to a degree without risking second place to see who he wants to keep and those he wants out the door. 

I think the fans will demand Lennon gone this week

I didnt assume you thought someone could be brought in to get 10iar. That ships sailed.

I think the likes of Howe will be waiting to see what crops up in May. Celtic will be a 2nd/3rd/4th choice for the managers Lawwell’s looking at. Likewise, players.

Id be amazed if Lennon makes it till the end of the season but even then if they bin him tomorrow i dont think they’ll appoint the actual manager till the summer. 

With the lockdown restrictions casting a complicated shadow on transfers i cant see Lawwell wanting to invest on a rebuild just yet.

20 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Cheers, OJ. Thought he may have been but doesn't look like Mike to be fair. Good player that would improve our side, especially how he demands the ball from defenders, how he runs from box to box, and his accurate shooting. 

Heh, haud the bus.  Is that like allowed?  Like in the same player? How many defensive midfielders (really centre halves) does he need around him in practising this sorcery? How is he standing on the half way line watching a ball sale 30 yards above his head?

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Heh, haud the bus.  Is that like allowed?  Like in the same player? How many defensive midfielders (really centre halves) does he need around him in practising this sorcery? How is he standing on the half way line watching a ball sale 30 yards above his head?

Haha.

13 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Ha ha. Right enough he would be a bit limited in playing his normal way if Hibs were down to 7 men and his main job was to to restrict the opposition's movement from the halfway line.

They seem to play a less rigid, defensive formation at Hibs compared with Aberdeen and because of that he is given free rein, within reason, to utilise his strengths. 

I hate the thought of the Huns winning their first league title (not 55 as they will claim).

Only consolation is the melt down from all the Celtic fans. All the joy for them of the quadruple treble and ramming their arrogance down our throats means nothing now that 10 in a row is all but gone. 

Fuck both of them.

26 minutes ago, eddiec said:

Surely we can sniff blood and push them for 2nd can you imagine the joy if we beat them to champs league qualifying place and watching the carnage unfold around parkeheid !!!

If AFC had a bit of balls about them and a semi competent forward line then yes, there may be a chance.

We have neither so forget about it.

Lennon handling the pressure well I see. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55708291

"We've been held to a far higher standard than any other club," Lennon said.

"Protocols at different clubs are inconsistent. As soon as Celtic are deemed to do something wrong, bang, you're all wanting blood, it's absolutely scandalous. The fallout from this has been way too much.

"Aston Villa have shut down, Raith Rovers. They haven't travelled anywhere. We could easily have stayed here and had an outbreak but because our protocols are so good, we've been able to quell that."

hief executive Peter Lawwell last week apologised to supporters and said the trip was a "mistake" but Lennon says the apology should have come from him.

"My apology is to the fans because 13 players and three staff had to isolate for 10 days, which is ludicrous," Lennon said.

"I'm not apologising for anything else. I'm not apologising for going out there and training for a week. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. We did everything we possibly could to avoid the damage.

"The whole squad is negative bar two players. I think that is remarkable and I think it totally blows out of the water the way the training camp has been portrayed by certain quarters of the media, by certain pundits and by certain government officials as well.

"We did not abuse any privilege, we did the right things. We were absolutely totally professional. We had a little drink in the afternoon on a day off, completely allowed, no law breaking yet we come back to this barrage of absolute hypocrisy.

"We've come back, we've been absolutely decimated by these rules. It seems political."

10 minutes ago, Henry said:

Lennon handling the pressure well I see. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55708291

"We've been held to a far higher standard than any other club," Lennon said.

"Protocols at different clubs are inconsistent. As soon as Celtic are deemed to do something wrong, bang, you're all wanting blood, it's absolutely scandalous. The fallout from this has been way too much.

"Aston Villa have shut down, Raith Rovers. They haven't travelled anywhere. We could easily have stayed here and had an outbreak but because our protocols are so good, we've been able to quell that."

hief executive Peter Lawwell last week apologised to supporters and said the trip was a "mistake" but Lennon says the apology should have come from him.

"My apology is to the fans because 13 players and three staff had to isolate for 10 days, which is ludicrous," Lennon said.

"I'm not apologising for anything else. I'm not apologising for going out there and training for a week. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. We did everything we possibly could to avoid the damage.

"The whole squad is negative bar two players. I think that is remarkable and I think it totally blows out of the water the way the training camp has been portrayed by certain quarters of the media, by certain pundits and by certain government officials as well.

"We did not abuse any privilege, we did the right things. We were absolutely totally professional. We had a little drink in the afternoon on a day off, completely allowed, no law breaking yet we come back to this barrage of absolute hypocrisy.

"We've come back, we've been absolutely decimated by these rules. It seems political."

And some folk want this deranged cunt as our manager?

Fuck off.

He’s a horrible wee nyaff