Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Says who?

Explained the point to Millertime. 

Using words like mong to refer to someone with an actual mental disability is fucked up. The same way using the word dyke to refer to a lesbian is fucked up.

If MHD had a mental disability, I would've apologised no problem, because that would've been awful. 

He doesn't, though. So at that point it's just distasteful. What I took from what he said about Lennon and Dempster, was that it was fine to call a lesbian a homophobic slur, to which I strongly disagree. 

I am in agreement that these words are unpleasant and shouldn't be used at all, but pretending there's no difference at all, is just a false equivalency.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Explained the point to Millertime. 

Using words like mong to refer to someone with an actual mental disability is fucked up. The same way using the word dyke to refer to a lesbian is fucked up.

If MHD had a mental disability, I would've apologised no problem, because that would've been awful. 

He doesn't, though. So at that point it's just distasteful. What I took from what he said about Lennon and Dempster, was that it was fine to call a lesbian a homophobic slur, to which I strongly disagree. 

I am in agreement that these words are unpleasant and shouldn't be used at all, but pretending there's no difference at all, is just a false equivalency.

How do you know that the people you call simpletons don't have learning difficulties? 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

How do you know that the people you call simpletons don't have learning difficulties? 

I suppose when you're on this website, you don't. 

If @maryhilldon does have a mental disability, I apologise for calling him a simpleton. 

Sorry, MHD, I didn't know. 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What I took from what he said about Lennon and Dempster, was that it was fine to call a lesbian a homophobic slur, to which I strongly disagree. 

That's not what I said though,  I said nobody on here would care if you quoted the word Lennon used.  Quite simple. You've managed to get your knickers in a twist about nothing. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

That's not what I said though,  I said nobody on here would care if you quoted the word Lennon used.  Quite simple. You've managed to get your knickers in a twist about nothing. 

Did I? 

It was someone else who started having a pop at me for not wanting to say 'Dyke.' I simply defended myself. If you look at my initial response to you about Lennon and Hibs, where am I getting my knickers in a twist? 

Lol. 

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Did I? 

It was someone else who started having a pop at me for not wanting to say 'Dyke.' I simply defended myself. If you look at my initial response to you about Lennon and Hibs, where am I getting my knickers in a twist? 

Lol. 

Is farmers allowed to use the word dyke seeing as the word dyke originally means ditch?, start learning the etymology of words, save you fucking up in the future!, ps simpleton has an origin of people that had learning difficulties or was just born plain stupid or without common sense!, so using it to call folk stupid is inferring they have learning difficulties, also not nice,  I also don’t believe you didn’t know the meaning of the word mongo, or it was a shortened word for mongoloid!,sorry in this day and age it isn’t possible unless you have been living under a rock.(blazing saddles uses these terms throughout the film constantly for example), you were just embarrassed after getting called out on it?,

although a don’t think one single poster on here can take any moral high ground regarding language used. Every cunt on here is as bad as each other?(including myself)

9 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Is farmers allowed to use the word dyke seeing as the word dyke originally means ditch?, start learning the etymology of words, save you fucking up in the future!, ps simpleton has an origin of people that had learning difficulties or was just born plain stupid or without common sense!, so using it to call folk stupid is inferring they have learning difficulties, also not nice,  I also don’t believe you didn’t know the meaning of the word mongo, or it was a shortened word for mongoloid!,sorry in this day and age it isn’t possible unless you have been living under a rock.(blazing saddles uses these terms throughout the film constantly for example), you were just embarrassed after getting called out on it?,

although a don’t think one single poster on here can take any moral high ground regarding language used. Every cunt on here is as bad as each other?(including myself)

This is Consi's issue I feel.

He has a list of areas where it's not ok to cause offense but seems to have another list where he thinks it's fair game.   The ones he supports tend to be the ones which attract the most current public attention.

Someone who assumes such a moral high ground should really be more consistent in their behaviour.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This is Consi's issue I feel.

He has a list of areas where it's not ok to cause offense but seems to have another list where he thinks it's fair game.   The ones he supports tend to be the ones which attract the most current public attention.

Someone who assumes such a moral high ground should really be more consistent in their behaviour.

This all started because I chose not to use a word. 

I was then slagged off for not doing so, lol. Then I called someone a simpleton, and the argument became "you won't say dyke but you'll call someone a simpleton" 

As if it's in any way the same thing. Not going over this shit again. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

This all started because I chose not to use a word. 

I was then slagged off for not doing so, lol. Then I called someone a simpleton, and the argument became "you won't say dyke but you'll call someone a simpleton" 

As if it's in any way the same thing. Not going over this shit again. 

Fair enough Consi. 

I'm sure everyone will accept your apology 

8 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I've heard rumours he called Leanne Dempster a homophobic slur, and he throttled Kamberi? 

Any truth? Funny to think of him choking out his own player 

Apparently he verbally slaughtered Kamberi in the changing room one day, where only the odd word wasn't a swear word ( he normally slaughtered his players on a regular basis).

Kamberi took offence on this occasion and made a complaint upstairs, presumably to Dempster who Lennon quite possibly also insulted once he realised that Kamberi had cliped.

I further understand that Lennon chews tobacco quite a lot, hence the popcorn teeth look, and also explains why he often appears on the edge.

Again, in summary, I cannot understand why ANY team would employ the nutter as their manager. However it is whoorin' funny watching the situation implode?

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yeah and you only think that because you only have a problem with homosexuals being denigrated, but not stupid people

Correct.

It's obviously much fucking worse denigrating the stupid than poofs or dykes, benders or queers, dung dippers or carpet munchers or whatever we are allowed to call them these days.

How are they supposed to stick up for themselves?

Compared to the gays who should apparently have the mental nous to respond effectively to such  put downs.

Unless Consi believes the theory that all gays are mentally ill?

Which would make sense regarding his viewpoint that they should be protected in front of people who are simple stupid or dimwitted. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

This person is only "stupid " , in your opinion

My over arching point is that there has to be one rule and one rule only

You can either be on board with slagging people or not

You can't pick and choose what it's OK to slag about

Its like the mother of an aids victim who takes offence at a frankie Boyle aids joke, after laughing at a cancer joke

Think your oversimplifying things, it’s the context that matters in any joke- Ricky Gervais explains it well.

21 minutes ago, NEM said:

Has been

Surprised they never went for Eddie Howe 

Howe's now being mentioned for the Newcastle job which is likely to become available in the next few weeks. He's never hidden his desire to manage in the EPL again, at a bigger club than Bournemouth, as being his main focus. I think he would have taken the Celtic job in the summer had nothing else come up.....the one thing his CV lacks for a really top English job is European experience. 

Benitez has become available just at a convenient time for the Dhims. At 60, I wouldn't say he's quite a has-been just yet. A fair number of managers are going strong well into their 70s these days. I'd imagine he would think if he can restore Celtic to champions within 2 seasons and take them on a decent European run in one of them, he might get offered a crack at a top European level club once again.

22 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Odious prick that he is Uber hun Jackson has a decent article in the Record today talking about Gerrard, Lennon and Rodgers.

Bang on what he says.

to be read and then put back on Tesco’s shelf obvs.

Why would you even pick up that rag.

Good job Tesco’s has plenty hand sanitizer stations

56 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

I see ping pong is abroad speaking to a club.

Lennon said he wanted to go so they had no choice.

Rats deserting a sinking ship.

Happy to stay when they were fucking pumping everyone rotten, little poofter(obviously funny because it's Celtic). Believe it's Leverkusen that have had bid accepted; you aren't saying no to that.