Jump to content
Bobby Connor

Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

And he’s just thrown the players under a bus there, in his post match atmosphere.

This has all the hallmarks of his Hibs departure.

He’s claiming certain players want out of the club. Who? Eduard? Ajer?

We hammer McInnes for his transfer hit rate but Lennon’s is far worse, especially if you include his first spell at Septic.

Aye Lennon has bought a fair amount of garbage. Incredible to blame a lack of match fitness for playing no striker, get one of them match fit!

Hilarious to think they could’ve had John McGinn as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

 

Would they look at McKenna as a “cheap” replacement if they have no CL money to look forward to? 

I doubt they'll be back in for McKenna. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree, the pressure will get to him. 

The down side is that SEVCO have a great chance of winning the league which would be unfuckingbearable. 

Also, he spent £3.5m on a Polish international striker & leaves him on the bench, but throws Julien up front. That’s mental. 

Of all the seasons that the huns could possibly win the league, this season might actually be preferable in as much as (if they absolutely have to fucking win one, which I hope they never do) stopping Celtic from winning 10 in a row would cause absolute nuclear meltdowns from the East End of Glasgow and could be rather amusing to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yorston Vasey said:

stopping Celtic from winning 10 in a row would cause absolute nuclear meltdowns from the East End of Glasgow 

Aye? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it's fine to have a laugh at them, which I am, it's sobering to contemplate what it means for the rest of Scottish football. They have been the best side in Scotland for years, and they were just turfed out of Europe by a relative minnow. But a minnow valued at almost twice that of Aberdeen on transfermarkt.

It doesn't bode well for anybody else with aspirations of making Euro group stages. And that's the only avenue to earn anything approaching real squad changing money right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

While it's fine to have a laugh at them, which I am, it's sobering to contemplate what it means for the rest of Scottish football. They have been the best side in Scotland for years, and they were just turfed out of Europe by a relative minnow. But a minnow valued at almost twice that of Aberdeen on transfermarkt.

It doesn't bode well for anybody else with aspirations of making Euro group stages. And that's the only avenue to earn anything approaching real squad changing money right now. 

Means almost nothing to teams outside Glasgow.  3 or 4 qualifying rounds?  Makes little difference. I'd rather see the arse cheeks get papped out early,  less euro revenue so better chance of us catching up domestically. 

Edited by maryhilldon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Means almost nothing to teams outside Glasgow.  3 or 4 qualifying rounds?  Makes little difference. I'd rather see the arse cheeks get papped out early,  less euro revenue so better chance of us catching up domestically. 

Obviously 3 or 4 qualifying rounds isn't good enough. I doubt the Glasgow pair are going to consistently fail to qualify for group stages even if it is Europa rather than CL.  So preferring it doesn't change anything.The Europa league earned them around £18 million each last campaign. That all on it's own fires them miles ahead of everybody else aside from the huge financial advantage they have from domestic gate money, merchandising, sponsorship's etc.

Aberdeen are going to have to make those groups for some real money but frankly I don't see it happening. Scottish clubs outside Glasgow simply don't play a game suitable to qualifying. That has to change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fuck off Celtic 😂

It is a farce they get a lifeline & the Europa League qualifiers where they’ll be seeded though.

And the worst football pundit in history, Pat Bonner, is virtually greeting 

 

It's an absolute farce.

And to merit this doggy chance they have had to win... a match up against Icelandic no-marks.

A complete joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The talk is Ajer might be offski in this window.

Would they look at McKenna as a “cheap” replacement if they have no CL money to look forward to? 

Yes.  And we’re lucky Sam isn’t fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I live in hope we are benefitting from second chances in the future. Crazy banter that Celtic can be knocked out 3 times per year from next year

They already have been knocked out of Europe 3 times in a season before, in 2014-15, by Legia Warsaw, Maribor and Internazionale. Some achievement that😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Them stockpiling all their dough during the years Sevco were coming up through the leagues is coming back to haunt them.

They get major dough from sales of the likes of Dembele, Tierney, Armstrong and then waste 25% of it on Eurotrash like Barkas, Elhamed, Julien, Klimala, Soro, Ajeti, Bolingoli, etc whilst failing to notice Brown is finished and Forest looks disinterested. Shows up the major shortcomings of the manager.

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad for Scottish football and Aberdeens chances.... Fucking LOL

I wish them nothing but misery.  

As for being bad for our euro chances. That firmly lies at our door. We have to deal with getting through the qualifying rounds. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

While it's fine to have a laugh at them, which I am, it's sobering to contemplate what it means for the rest of Scottish football. They have been the best side in Scotland for years, and they were just turfed out of Europe by a relative minnow. But a minnow valued at almost twice that of Aberdeen on transfermarkt.

It doesn't bode well for anybody else with aspirations of making Euro group stages. And that's the only avenue to earn anything approaching real squad changing money right now. 

In what way are the Hungarian champions a minnow relative to the Scottish champions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Bad for Scottish football and Aberdeens chances.... Fucking LOL

I wish them nothing but misery.  

As for being bad for our euro chances. That firmly lies at our door. We have to deal with getting through the qualifying rounds. 

 

It's down to Aberdeen, and Aberdeen alone, to be good enough to qualify for the UEFA Cup.  It doesn't matter how many rounds we have to go through to get there.  If we are good enough, we'll get there - has nothing to do with anyone else, or any of the coefficent crap.

Any positive result for New Rangers or Celtic in Europe is a huge negative result for Scottish football, as it just lines their pockets with even more cash.  Lets be absolutely clear about that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic's focus should have been sucess in Europe, not chasing this mythical 10IA fucking R. That's how they should be judged as a serious football club, not some oneupmanship that nobody outside west central Scotland gives a fuck about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck the coefficient. 

That's just another stick that's used to beat all the other clubs with to make us acquiesce to their demands for an even more unbalanced playing field domestically. 

Country coefficient is a corrupt mechanism to protect the riches for the rich.  Coefficients should be applied to clubs only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Celtic's focus should have been sucess in Europe, not chasing this mythical 10IA fucking R. That's how they should be judged as a serious football club, not some oneupmanship that nobody outside west central Scotland gives a fuck about.

I'm pretty certain that every single one of the Celtic support would trade a CL run (let's face it, the group stages are their absolute limit) this season if it would indeed guarantee that they achieve their 10IAR. You misunderstand how much it means to the arse cheeks to put one over the other. Unfortunately for Celtic, just as it seems their ageing squad (and also self-imploding it seems) has started to decline, sevco have went all in to prevent 10IAR and so far of the two seem to be playing the better, more effective football. 

I'd still rather that sevco win fuck all, the longer that is the case the funnier it becomes and the more likely that their fickle fans desert the cause and the possibility of them going bust increases. But if they were to win the league then it would be nearly as funny to watch the "timplosion" as sevconians call it. Either way....one of Lennon or Slippy is getting bulleted/walking away by next summer at the latest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, V for Vendetta said:

In what way are the Hungarian champions a minnow relative to the Scottish champions?

Finance, and that's everything in the modern game.

Ferencvárosi TC: total market value €24.05m https://www.transfermarkt.com/ferencvaros-budapest/startseite/verein/279


Celtic: total market value €89.48m https://www.transfermarkt.com/celtic-glasgow/startseite/verein/371

Edited by Lan_Lad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Them stockpiling all their dough during the years Sevco were coming up through the leagues is coming back to haunt them.

They get major dough from sales of the likes of Dembele, Tierney, Armstrong and then waste 25% of it on Eurotrash like Barkas, Elhamed, Julien, Klimala, Soro, Ajeti, Bolingoli, etc whilst failing to notice Brown is finished and Forest looks disinterested. Shows up the major shortcomings of the manager.

I've no basis for this as I have never seen the guy play before he signed for Celtic, but I think that keeper is going to throw in a few fuck ups along the way this season.

For me, with a few exceptions over the years, I think Celtic never get the keeper position right. Bonner was first keeper I remember and the quality has been pretty poor since then. 

One thing you could say about their neighbours across the city is that they always have a solid keeper. Again, I reckon you need to go back to the 80s with Walker and McCloy to think of a dodgy keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm pretty certain that every single one of the Celtic support would trade a CL run (let's face it, the group stages are their absolute limit) this season if it would indeed guarantee that they achieve their 10IAR. You misunderstand how much it means to the arse cheeks to put one over the other. Unfortunately for Celtic, just as it seems their ageing squad (and also self-imploding it seems) has started to decline, sevco have went all in to prevent 10IAR and so far of the two seem to be playing the better, more effective football. 

I'd still rather that sevco win fuck all, the longer that is the case the funnier it becomes and the more likely that their fickle fans desert the cause and the possibility of them going bust increases. But if they were to win the league then it would be nearly as funny to watch the "timplosion" as sevconians call it. Either way....one of Lennon or Slippy is getting bulleted/walking away by next summer at the latest.

Celtic don’t have an ageing team.

Aside from Brown who’s old? 
They actually have a youngish first team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lennon is a shit manager, has done fuck all when he hasn’t had the huge financial advantage he has at Celtic.

Even McInnes regularly humped his Hibs team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm pretty certain that every single one of the Celtic support would trade a CL run (let's face it, the group stages are their absolute limit) this season if it would indeed guarantee that they achieve their 10IAR. You misunderstand how much it means to the arse cheeks to put one over the other. Unfortunately for Celtic, just as it seems their ageing squad (and also self-imploding it seems) has started to decline, sevco have went all in to prevent 10IAR and so far of the two seem to be playing the better, more effective football. 

I'd still rather that sevco win fuck all, the longer that is the case the funnier it becomes and the more likely that their fickle fans desert the cause and the possibility of them going bust increases. But if they were to win the league then it would be nearly as funny to watch the "timplosion" as sevconians call it. Either way....one of Lennon or Slippy is getting bulleted/walking away by next summer at the latest.

I agree TC, their fans are more interested in 10IAR, what I’m saying is their, and the manager/board’s focus, SHOULD be on Europe. That’s how they will get noticed on the bigger stage and get the clubs’ status elavated. 

Not that I give a fuck.

And, if push came to shove, I’d rather they win the league this season too, if only for the riot factor down Govan way.

But, I suspect they won’t, not with “Lenny” in charge. Wait till you hear all his apologists on the media today - Hartson, Sutton, Presley, Brazil et all. Nauseating 

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're making the mistake of assuming they want (i.e. they want to pay) to be a big name in europe.

The arse cheeks model has always been, always will be, to be just better than the other.  If one is decent in europe then the other one will have to be.  But that's coincidental. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

You're making the mistake of assuming they want (i.e. they want to pay) to be a big name in europe.

The arse cheeks model has always been, always will be, to be just better than the other.  If one is decent in europe then the other one will have to be.  But that's coincidental. 

No that is, and always has been, the Celtic model. The old biscuit tin that really still exists

The oldco...and now sevco….way is to spend, spend, spend way beyond their means. Short term their goal is  to overhaul Celtic. But oldco genuinely held the belief that they were a major player in Europe and to a point they were ….they were eliminated  from the Champions League by 1 point by a Marseille side who were massively financially doped long before oldco ever thought about it. Sevco are possibly on the brink of overhauling Celtic domestically, although recent history shows that a hilarious collapse is never far round the corner. But those arrogant bastards genuinely believe that their rightful place is seated at the top table of European football alongside your Juventus', Real Madrid's and Liverpool etc.....and they genuinely believe that it is only a matter of time before they get there. Hopefully they join oldco in going down the financial shitter trying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The draw for the next two rounds of the Europa League are on Monday/Tuesday.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of draws the gruesome twosome get. Without home/away and without fans it's a very different prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

I've no basis for this as I have never seen the guy play before he signed for Celtic, but I think that keeper is going to throw in a few fuck ups along the way this season.

For me, with a few exceptions over the years, I think Celtic never get the keeper position right. Bonner was first keeper I remember and the quality has been pretty poor since then. 

One thing you could say about their neighbours across the city is that they always have a solid keeper. Again, I reckon you need to go back to the 80s with Walker and McCloy to think of a dodgy keeper. 

I could never understand how Celtic and Rangers had such bad keepers in the 70's and 80's.

Bonnar was fucking shite. He seems to be talked up because of his Celtic connections however there were loads of keepers who played against him who were far better keepers than that him during the 70's and 80's.

Aberdeen had Bobby Clark, Leighton, Gunn and Snelders, Dundee United had MacAlpine, Alan Main and Billy Thompson, St. Mirren had Campbell Money, Dundee had Bobby Geddes, all who were better keepers, you could probably argue that Rough at Hibs and Smith at Hearts were better keepers than Bonnar as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...