Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

OK so they mare plans and had it agreed by the SFA. But the situation has changed so the have to change their plans. Everyone else has been cancelling and rearranging things for the past 12 months, Celtic should just suck it up. 

To be fair they were there on Sunday night, the “situation” changed at lunchtime today? 
In saying that, it does seem wrong to be fucking off abroad just now, regardless 

Ignoring the moral and safety issues with travelling abroad in the midst of a pandemic for a completely unnecessary purpose, what an utterly stupid decision to take on sporting grounds when you’ve got to play 3 games in hand and claw back a 19 point deficit in a season that’s seen as the holy grail of all seasons for their fans. If half their team have to self isolate on return they should be made to play the kids or forfeit the match.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Celtic have three games still to play, and had a free week this week. One of those games could have been played tomorrow or Wednesday, the league fixture as normal at the weekend then the second outstanding fixture played next midweek. 

They should have been told to stuff their trip and get on with getting the league back on track.

Spot on. I fuckin hate that club so much now that I don't even care that the huns are gonna win the league (for the 1st time ever) . Over privileged spoilt smug picks. 

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To be fair they were there on Sunday night, the “situation” changed at lunchtime today? 
In saying that, it does seem wrong to be fucking off abroad just now, regardless 

Things were stripped right back from Boxing Day, and the "do not leave Scotland except for essential reasons" was part of that. That should have been reason enough for them to rethink their trip and to contact the airline/charter to delay or refund the booking, as hundreds of thousands of folk have had to do. Mental that they felt it was okay to go ahead with it.

33 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Things were stripped right back from Boxing Day, and the "do not leave Scotland except for essential reasons" was part of that. That should have been reason enough for them to rethink their trip and to contact the airline/charter to delay or refund the booking, as hundreds of thousands of folk have had to do. Mental that they felt it was okay to go ahead with it.

Aye, good point. 

41 minutes ago, NEM said:

Fuck that I hate the tims but these zombie bastards are going to be unbearable if they win the league ?

It would actually suit the Tim fans' whole victim ethos if the club were to get some sort of sanction for this overseas trip, say a forced isolation for some players or (heaven forbid) a points deduction. That would allow them to overlook how horrendously the club have fucked up their 10 in a row chances and can point to this being the sole reason their title challenge fell by the wayside, and use it to discredit the Hun winning the league.

On 1/6/2021 at 12:30 AM, NEM said:

Fuck that I hate the tims but these zombie bastards are going to be unbearable if they win the league ?

Aye I know. Soon put back in their place when you say it's their first major honour.

They all try and laugh it off but you know deep down they know and it hurts.

Much as I hate the cunts the Shortbread stuff this morning was off the scale (the bit I heard).

you can’t compare an elite training camp, bubbled, tested and all the rest of it with the types that have been pissing it up in Dubai clubs, shops and hookers the last fortnight.  Come on tae fuck.

Do agree with the point that it is a huge stretch that the positive player wasn’t in contact with anyone, anywhere, anytime thinking back to our U21 experience.

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Why should hibs play against them tonight when their players run the risk of getting the virus from one of them then having to forfeit games of their own next week!?

Wait till Sturgeon's coronavirus statement at midday.

She said last week that "all bets are off" regarding professional sport. Clearly wasn't a bit impressed at Celtic fucking off to Dubai. Now they've had a positive case on their return she isn't likely to let it lie.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this season isn't going to be finished. I think there's a small chance that it might even be curtailed today

Just now, Ten Caat said:

She said last week that "all bets are off" regarding professional sport. Clearly wasn't a bit impressed at Celtic fucking off to Dubai. Now they've had a positive case on their return she isn't likely to let it lie.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this season isn't going to be finished. I think there's a small chance that it might even be curtailed today

Hope so.

FIngers crossed she's a tim and bins the whole season. Winner all round Glasgow as tims don't get ten in a row and the huns don't win the league. 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

There was a big enough fight about leagues/promotion/relegation etc when 30 games had been played last season.

Can you imagine the stooshie if it got ended after 20 games this season as some teams have played?

Think there’d be some sort of reconstruction as you can’t relegate teams with nearly half a season to play. 

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm sure the season will be suspended - it's a political open goal not to suspend with the covid numbers noises coming from Holyrood and Downing St. This Dubai trip and positive test on return just adds weight to the suspend argument. 

Ideally it gets shut doon early enough to be voided. Off the scale frothing at the mooth among the weegies

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Sevco would be awarded the league in that case?

With a huge asterisk. Like Celtic's last season.

It would be fuckin hilarious. They win the league after 20 games, obviously only half a league. They claim conspiracy against the SNP etc etc.

For clubs like ours with no real skin in the game so to speak, it would be lovely viewing. 

17 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Sevco would be awarded the league in that case?

I think some teams (specifically those that wear green and white hoops) would argue that the minimum point for awarding a title would be that each and every team had played a minimum of 22 games where each side had faced every other team home and away once. This point hasn't been achieved yet......and won't be until early March.

But I think because of what happened last year, the SPFL would ignore this and award sevco the title anyway. They'd use the excuse that even with games in hand, no team would be within 10 points of sevco, even if they won them all. Of course the real reason is that they'd be evening up the tainted titles score