U20's Thread

"He is probably the biggest Aberdeen supporter at the club, as big as any supporter in the Aberdeen end. It was special for him seeing his dad and his uncle in the crowd. A special moment for him and it is good to see that."

Derek McInnes on Dean Campbell who featured in the final match of the season at Celtic Park. #OneOfOurOwn

I thought his old man would have been at Ibrox, hun cunt......

Has Tyler Chicken done a Cadger and changed his name? Or is Tyler Alexander a different person. Wouldn't fancy making the big time with a last name like Chicken, if truth be told.

No, Tyler Alexander is fae Bridge Of Don. Tyler Chicken was edging back to fitness at the end of the season and played in the last couple of games. Hopefully he'll be part of the U18 youth squad for this coming season.

Guy I know plays for Albion rovers, asked him about Mbayo and he said he was a weird character and went awol for 2 weeks

I want this guy to be great

Aye, but was he any good? That's the more important issue...

Mind, we've still heard nothing from the club regarding his contract status!

I actually spotted that just after posting the Scotzine one - looks like Scotzine just ripped off the quotes McLean gave the EE.

Anyway, nice to see McLean with positive things to say about Dean and just generally its good to see first team players bigging up the young lads a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I see Burke cost them 3rd in the Toulon.

Boys mince.

He didn't complete a single full game in the tournament. For a lad that's totalled 28m in transfer fees, in an under 21 tournament that's pretty damning. One goal against Korea aside, he was awful. He looked as if he couldn't give two fucks. Contrast that with young Billy Gilmour, who at 16 strolled through it and broke a few Scottish football records along the way.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1