U20's Thread

• 1 month later...

Aberdeen 4 - 0 Hearts at Peterhead earler today,

Starters : Rogers, Campanile, Murray, Petrie, McKenna, Rose, Jones, McMahon, McManus, O`Sullivan, Wright .

Subs : Burns, Kelly, Orsi, Dunbar, Morris, S.Robertson, Ross .

Scorers : Jones, McManus(2), Orsi .

Didn't realise McManus was still here. Thought he was out on loan

• 2 months later...

5 players binned from U20's

Aberdeen FC can this afternoon confirm that five members of our Under 20 squad are to leave the club this summer.

Goalkeeper Craig Burns, defender Scott Rumsby, who spent last season on loan at Stranraer, midfielder Stephen O'Neill, who played with both Peterhead and East Fife during season 2013/14, as well as Matthew McMahon and striker Alan O'Sullivan, are all departing.

Meanwhile, a number of players have signed contract extensions with Aberdeen FC.

Kieran Gibbons, Michael Rose and Marcus Campanile have all put pen to paper on a 1 year extension.

Craig Murray has also penned a one year deal and will be looking to play his way in to Derek McInnes' first team squad next season.

Didn't see the point in starting a new thread, so thought I'd slip this into this one.

I may be totally misunderstanding this (quite likely) but does this not just fuck over clubs like ourselves with decent youth systems in place & allow cunts to just come in & nick our decent young talent for fk all.

So effectively the huns (for example) could save money by scaling down, or doing away with their youth system & just go on the rob of all the best talent in the Country for minimal costs?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-27467443

This is a backward step. We want BETTER compensation for when we get our young players (want to see some puppies son?) enticed away by richer clubs

Didn't see the point in starting a new thread, so thought I'd slip this into this one.

I may be totally misunderstanding this (quite likely) but does this not just fuck over clubs like ourselves with decent youth systems in place & allow cunts to just come in & nick our decent young talent for fk all.

So effectively the huns (for example) could save money by scaling down, or doing away with their youth system & just go on the rob of all the best talent in the Country for minimal costs?

This is a backward step. We want BETTER compensation for when we get our young players (want to see some puppies son?) enticed away by richer clubs

Yep, that was my reaction to this challenge as well.

Clubs already get screwed over badly as it is.

Yep, that was my reaction to this challenge as well.

Clubs already get screwed over badly as it is.

What a surprise eh. The rangers youth coach Jim Sinclair is all for it.

The claim was backed at a previous meeting of the petitions committee by Rangers youth coach Jim Sinclair, who said: "In our experience, the whole thing can turn into a transfer market or end up in a bartering situation if, despite the fact that the level of compensation is actually X, the club with the player demands X plus Y."

5 players binned from U20's

Aberdeen FC can this afternoon confirm that five members of our Under 20 squad are to leave the club this summer.

Goalkeeper Craig Burns, defender Scott Rumsby, who spent last season on loan at Stranraer, midfielder Stephen O'Neill, who played with both Peterhead and East Fife during season 2013/14, as well as Matthew McMahon and striker Alan O'Sullivan, are all departing.

Meanwhile, a number of players have signed contract extensions with Aberdeen FC.

Kieran Gibbons, Michael Rose and Marcus Campanile have all put pen to paper on a 1 year extension.

Craig Murray has also penned a one year deal and will be looking to play his way in to Derek McInnes' first team squad next season.

Can not honestly believe the boy Gibbons got kept ahead of Oneil. Sma shellshocked!

Can not honestly believe the boy Gibbons got kept ahead of Oneil. Sma shellshocked!

Never seen a single U19's game so cannot comment really but the one that I've read all the best reports about is Craig Murray & I cannot understand how he's struggled to get games in his natural position ahead of the likes of Shaughnessy & Hector. Fair enough Logan (he's a RB) but I understand he's had a few injuries.

At least Neil Doncaster is on the board looking into this. I'm sure he'll handle the matter honestly, efficiently, professionally and with no old firm bias at all.

Never seen a single U19's game so cannot comment really but the one that I've read all the best reports about is Craig Murray & I cannot understand how he's struggled to get games in his natural position ahead of the likes of Shaughnessy & Hector. Fair enough Logan (he's a RB) but I understand he's had a few injuries.

He's very slight. Technically, he's a very good footballer. Reads the game well and utilises his pace. I do think he's better than Robertson. The FB who I thought would have made more of a push is McKenna, seems to have something McInnes likes as well.

Any rumours or news about Neil Cooper's replacement?

Joking aside about the age group I was speaking to my neighbour's son today. It would appear that this gentleman who used to play for us may be joining in a youth coaching capacity having previously done this for Nottingham Forest. :sherlock: